ADVERTISEMENT

My world used to revolve around 12 Saturday's every year........

nutfromSEC117

All American
Nov 2, 2002
now I'm barely watching because it's to painful and frankly boring to watch. Maybe it's the disappointment still lingering from the Mets . I will be there next week and vs Maryland no matter what ,but I'm really not looking forward to it with the same excitement I had even when we were 0 and 1000 !

I'm with ya. in 25 years as a fan, I have never been so uninterested. If flood is retained, i may have to take a break from RU football for first time in my life.

I could even stand a stupid coach, but I can't get behind a coach who is both stupid AND stubborn. Oh, and also an unethical cheater.

I am at about 50 years. I pretty much multi-task while watching games now. I have low expectations so even my wife has noticed me not screaming anymore.
Next two Saturdays have me involved in another hobby so I will not be able to watch the games. This would have once been a real problem for me. Not so much now.

I'm still in, but I must be mental....yes..Mets loss, and NYG not getting their act together is putting me in even more of a P'off mood.

Can't believe i'm switching the game after the 1st fumble was called a pass...why not screw us...were RU...no one expects us to win anyway...hows Wazzou doing against ASU....no Temple on today..bring us back the ''fire''...

Agree its not The losing. I sat in empty bars at 9 AM watching Michael Vick shut out the terry shea era scarlet knight. The team was trying they were just out gunned.

this is something totally different this is a program lead by someone that doesn't inspire pride much less interest. Interest being tested each week that this continues

I have no interest. I watched about 20 plays. This is a team that's last few awful recruiting classes have caught up to them. This is where you're missing the 4 and 5 * players. That's all it comes down to.

Haven't watched a game all year. Listen a tad on WCTC until it becomes a clown show (Chris and Ray to a fine job covering dog shit).

I come to the board because I am hooked like crack. But I couldn't careless now. The school doesn't care that I don't care. Screw'em

I went to a high school playoff game. I saw this guy there...

qGDQ6Y5.jpg

62vaEfw.jpg

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I'm with you guys. I will be there next week and still will get my season tickets and do my yearly donation but I am just anywhere near as interested and die hard I was in the Schiano years. Thanks HCKF, here's to Laviano giving us the best chance again at 1-0 next week because God forbiD we ever fix something that ain't working!!

At least Kean University is having a decent year. They beat Rowan today 20-17 in OT.

I'm gonna get tickets to the Maryland game. Hope it's a decent game.

I watch but I really don't care anymore. The worst thing that Rutgers can have is a complacent fan base and that is what many of us are becoming. It will be interesting to see the turn-out for Nebraska. God help us if the weather is bad.

64 years old and Long, Long time fan, sat through Shea seasons, and cannot do that again. Reluctantly, think my best choice for NU, is just stay home and listen on radio. See, little reason to see it live.

Loved watching games of all the 2-3 loss teams seeing if we can sneak in top 25. Not anymore [sick]

Had no idea so many were as apathetic as I. I simply don't care. Can't even sit through an entire game.

64 years old and Long, Long time fan, sat through Shea seasons, and cannot do that again. Reluctantly, think my best choice for NU, is just stay home and listen on radio. See, little reason to see it live.
Chris and Ray Lucas do a fantastic job. Tune in, on the radio or the WCTC app.

The team's just not likeable from top to bottom. Admin, coach, captains, playing style (both sides), uniforms -- you can't hang your hat on anything!

I've pretty much tuned out versus the big 4 (osu,wi,neb,msu -- and i guess you can add Mi now) since we have no chance to win watching only the first half to see if a game breaks out as it did this year against msu. Second halves are spent watching or doing something else.

I am at about 50 years. I pretty much multi-task while watching games now. I have low expectations so even my wife has noticed me not screaming anymore.
Next two Saturdays have me involved in another hobby so I will not be able to watch the games. This would have once been a real problem for me. Not so much now.
I actually do work and watch the game now. There were a few times I didn't notice teams score including the Grant TD.

I grew up in New Brunswick and started following RU at a really young age, (4...so have 54 years in), and I can't ever recall seeing the very great majority of the Rutgers fanbase as completely fed up with what's going on as now.

I think the reason is that before the GS era, I doubt anyone had any real expectations that we'd ever be able to get things right. There was always hope, of course, when a new coach was hired, but we'd never actually seen what Rutgers football could be like when there was true excitement surrounding the program, genuine talent on the field with at least a chance to play for something important, and what our stadium could be like when it was really rockin'.

Thing is, now we HAVE had the chance to see and experience those things, and the fact that there's a general feeling it's all slipping away due to the ineptitude of the HC and his staff is, quite frankly, sickening, especially to people who've followed RU football for decades and have endured so many years when the team hovered, (at best), between being unbelievably bad and absolutely God-awful.

One thing I know for sure is that I've never seen things reach the point where the fans themselves have started a fund to try to do something that might help get the clueless regime now in place fired. Not even during the Shea era, with all the horrors on the field that involved, did things ever reach that stage. -But the time really has come for that sort of thing, and like so many others, I hope it helps in some way send the RU admin. the message that people have had it with this garbage and won't continue to just sit there quietly and take it.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Some here have complained about the complaining here but I've said apathy is worse. Judging from posts lately we're heading in that direction. Even if your'e complaining, you're still caring and that's a good thing. It's when you stop caring there's a problem.

I think it can always be turned around with winning but the longer and deeper it gets the harder it is to turn around.

I grew up in New Brunswick and started following RU at a really young age, (4...so have 54 years in), and I can't ever recall seeing the very great majority of the Rutgers fanbase as completely fed up with what's going on as now.

I think the reason is that before the GS era, I doubt anyone had any real expectations that we'd ever be able to get things right. There was always hope, of course, when a new coach was hired, but we'd never actually seen what Rutgers football could be like when there was true excitement surrounding the program, genuine talent on the field with at least a chance to play for something important, and what our stadium could be like when it was really rockin'.

Thing is, now we HAVE had the chance to see and experience those things, and the fact that there's a general feeling it's all slipping away due to the ineptitude of the HC and his staff is, quite frankly, sickening, especially to people who've followed RU football for decades and have endured so many years when the team hovered, (at best), between being unbelievably bad and absolutely God-awful.

One thing I know for sure is that I've never seen things reach the point where the fans themselves have started a fund to try to do something that might help get the clueless regime now in place fired. Not even during the Shea era, with all the horrors on the field that involved, did things ever reach that stage. -But the time really has come for that sort of thing, and like so many others, I hope it helps in some way send the RU admin. the message that people have had it with this garbage and won't continue to just sit there quietly and take it.

You totally nailed it. People have expectations now. And the thing is, I know at least for me personally, my expectation is just be competitive every week. I'm not asking for B1G championships and playoff appearances, just be competitive. However, apathy has now set in and by next season if Flood is still here I will not renew and find something better to do with my Saturdays.

This is the 2nd time in 3 years that by the 2nd to last home game of the season Flood has ruined my interest in going to the games and even the tailgating experience. Expected muted tailgating the last 2 games and attendance for Nebby maybe only 40K with perhaps only 25K for Maryland.

As for dropping season tix, I think its a legit possibility for a lot of us if the school pisses on us by not firing Flood.

Reactions: Ridge 22
Yep, there is little reason to hope Flood can turn it around and get anything done here at this point. Maybe even less reason for hope that anyone in the administration has the power or gives a damn enough about it to make the right moves.

If you think this is bad, wait until RU is left to settle for its 17th choice for the replacement.

Unfortunately I'm not sure the athletic department has enough history with RU football to recognize how bad it can get. When season tix sales decline, it may be tough to get those ppl back in their seats. Some of the biggest changes that have driven our season tix base are
1. Competitive games
2. A great home field advantage and game atmosphere.

I'm afraid RU may be willing in the short term to cash checks from the opposing fan bases. If the RU takes this approach, we may be looking at a rebuild of the football program AND the fanbase. Many that sat through games in the Shea years will not be willing to do it again. If RU wants to play chicken in this respect, I'm pretty sure they'll lose

As fans it's up to us to overcome these on the field distractions and FOCUS on being the best we can with our tailgates. Everybody do your job and we'll be 1-0 Saturday !

Reactions: KingHigh
For the first time, I am starting to watch other college football games. The MSU-Nebraska game was entertaining and exciting from start to finish. I want to stick with Rutgers, so I'm heading down to mens' soccer today at Yurcak Field. Thankfully, our wrestling program will be competitive. For the major sports, it look like a tough haul ahead. $$$$

I understand the die hards being their thick and thin. I couldn't imagine doing that to myself.

I'm not looking forward to attending any remaining home game, and don't watch any away games since Indiana. ESPN Goal Line channel instead. Our team doesn't play with any fire, like they're just taking the field ready to get run over. We're not a legitimate threat. That's not fun to watch and I cannot support that kind ineptitude. I always agreed with the folks who said "Schiano can't get us to the next level, but Schiano's successor will". Unfortunately we need to rebuild & retool back to Sciano's level since we hired Kragthorpe Jr.

The apathy Flood is creating is astounding. Incompetence coupled with stubborn defiance of the RU faithful is quite the recipe. He is moving people past their anger and embarrassment of what the fball program reputation was athletically and academically to a point of disengaging.

What he is doing is perhaps unprecedented. If he is allowed to continue next year it will take the next coach years to right the ship.

All he had to do was not f up the program GS put in place. Instead he put his Flood defiant spin on it combined with alienating recruits, alums and fans. At one point I thought he was well meaning but just a mid level position coach in over his head. He is now that mid level to poor competence without the positive character and well meaning intentions. It's become clear he has cared more about his own defendable results than the overall RU interests. And that is not forgivable from someone entrusted with his role.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT