ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Announcing Friday

I hope we're still in the running. I've had fun sending many of the wonderful articles written about him over the past month or so to friends and family to let them know what a wonderful example of everything a student-athlete should be we have on our basketball team. He's made us proud to be Rutgers fans.

Wherever he ends up, I wish him all the best and thank him for the memories.

It would be a big surprise if he decides to stay at RU. I support whatever decision he makes. Can’t blame a kid like Myles for doing what he thinks will be best for his future after basketball. Can’t blame any young man for that really.

Even tho both UCLA and Stanford are both highly ranked, I hope he chooses Stanford because it will be clear that he is doing this primarily due to the academics.

In addition to me wanting the best for the kid it would help take the sting out of him leaving.

My 2 cents

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
I wish Myles the best. He will always be a Rutgers man and I am glad that he gave RU the years that he did. He is a wonderful ambassador for RU and his family are all so wonderful.

I'm guessing that with his recent acceptance into Stanford that's where he's going. Why wait for acceptance to there and then go to UCLA when he's been accepted for awhile now?

When a MBB player is part of Senior Day, shouldn’t we expect him to be gone the following season? Or am I missing something here?

Will be interesting to see what he can do for either Stanford or UCLA. Great player for RU imo.

Stanford - more prestigious
UCAL - very good academically, close to home and coming off a nice tournament run

Tough choice

I hope we're still in the running. I've had fun sending many of the wonderful articles written about him over the past month or so to friends and family to let them know what a wonderful example of everything a student-athlete should be we have on our basketball team. He's made us proud to be Rutgers fans.

Wherever he ends up, I wish him all the best and thank him for the memories.
That ship unfortunately has sailed for the West Coast .

lou...why dont you think pt will be an issue ? because that’s not important to him ? or because you think he would be a notable contributor at either place ? i disagree with the latter scenario.

i don’t think he’s the prized basketball talent most of think he is, especially at major programs. assuming he’ll get need-based support, academic scholarship or corporate sponsorship aid as an engineering grad student, he won’t need an athletic scholarship and may just give up basketball rather than be a reserve at UCLA or Stanford.

We will see how important playing time is to him. if it is important he will stay here and get his masters from a good but not great program and get much more playing time than he would at those CA schools.

if he’s education-first like we think he is, yes he will leave and be a backup at either place or move on from the game.

Last edited:
He only played 24 mpg last season. I highly doubt he sees much less than that at Stanford.

For anyone that thinks this should be a basketball decision is clueless . The guy has 1 or maybe 2 years of playing high level college basketball left . Then he has the rest of his life to live . And he probably wants to live in california since that is where he’s from. Rutgers basketball will go on without him and we we will be complaining about some other guy missing dunks soon enough. I thank Myles for his service and getting us a tournament win . Now we move on and so will he.

He only played 24 mpg last season. I highly doubt he sees much less than that at Stanford.

On the other hand, at UCLA, are both Cody Riley and Jalen Hill coming back? If so, and minutes are a major consideration, I would expect him to go to Stanford.

For anyone that thinks this should be a basketball decision is clueless . The guy has 1 or maybe 2 years of playing high level college basketball left . Then he has the rest of his life to live . And he probably wants to live in california since that is where he’s from. Rutgers basketball will go on without him and we we will be complaining about some other guy missing dunks soon enough. I thank Myles for his service and getting us a tournament win . Now we move on and so will he.

Exactly. My point is he’s going to get 18+ minutes wherever he goes. He played 24 at RU. In the realm, wherever he is he’s going to contribute and the change in PT isn’t going to be earth shattering.

Reactions: BigLou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT