ADVERTISEMENT

National joke

2 years with the right coach.
with what talent?

are you saying there is a coach alive today who could take our current team.. compete in the Big Ten East and make a bowl game?

you do realize that last years 4 wins had a fair amount of luck tossed in.. right?

Lets say Nick Saban come in next year. He can take in maybe 25 frosh capable of getting to a bowl... but can they do it as frosh?

In year 2 he adds another 25.. and maybe there are 10 guys on the team now who will still be here and do okay.

That given him 10 jrs and seniors leftover.. 25 true soph sand 25 true frosh from which to make a guaranteed bowl team in year 2.

Possible, probable or likely bowl game in year 2 under that scenario?

with what talent?

are you saying there is a coach alive today who could take our current team.. compete in the Big Ten East and make a bowl game?

you do realize that last years 4 wins had a fair amount of luck tossed in.. right?

Lets say Nick Saban come in next year. He can take in maybe 25 frosh capable of getting to a bowl... but can they do it as frosh?

In year 2 he adds another 25.. and maybe there are 10 guys on the team now who will still be here and do okay.

That given him 10 jrs and seniors leftover.. 25 true soph sand 25 true frosh from which to make a guaranteed bowl team in year 2.

Possible, probable or likely bowl game in year 2 under that scenario?
Not buying into the gloom and doom. I think differently.

Yeah.. you think you can get away with not quantifying or explaining your "optimism". That is "different".

Saban could be your best bet. He once took a Michigan state team that had gone to one bowl in the previous 4 years under George Perles and brought them to bowl game 4 of the next 5 years before he had a GREAT season and jumped to LSU.

Reactions: tico brown
Yeah.. you think you can get away with not quantifying or explaining your "optimism". That is "different".

Saban could be your best bet. He once took a Michigan state team that had gone to one bowl in the previous 4 years under George Perles and brought them to bowl game 4 of the next 5 years before he had a GREAT season and jumped to LSU.
Why do you feel the need to try to browbeat me into submission to accepting your negativity? I gave my reasons in this thread and elsewhere. You seem to like to parse my posts. Cobble them together and then you can debate me point by point. I will not care enough to respond.

Tom Herman ,two years at Texas,top 20 team.

2 years with the right coach.

lol...you think we can just sit it out with Ash for a couple years and it makes no difference for the next coach..wow...you are not paying attention to the fans leaving in droves...every year he remains buries this program even more

Why do you feel the need to try to browbeat me into submission to accepting your negativity? I gave my reasons in this thread and elsewhere. You seem to like to parse my posts. Cobble them together and then you can debate me point by point. I will not care enough to respond.
This is a discussion board, correct?

How are my responses to you any different than you saying this to someone else?

Two questions:
1. Are you driving around in remote parts of the country, waiting for the chance for sports radio guys to put RU down? OR
2. Are you on your way to pick up Al Golden to bring him to NJ?

I get what you are thinking about people seeing a post made by a certain person and then responding based on that person's identity. That is not happening here. I am not following you around treating you any differently than anyone else. I am responding to the content of what you post.

I think you are missing an opportunity to convince me and other readers of your position but it seems you prefer to say something and that ends it. BlockR responded for you with the Tom Hermann example. Why couldn't you have done that work to support your idea of a 2-year turn-around?

Anyway, I will grant your wish and not respond to your posts. Hopefully that will show you that this is not about you.

Then let us realize that a rebuild here.. even if we could match what GS did here.. means it would be 5 years after we get a new coach before we go to a bowl game. Maybe longer if you think we are worse off now than we were with Shea... and given the degree that competition has increased and what Flood AND Ash has done so far... we might be worse off now.

So, lets say that 's 3 years to allow Ash to show if EVERYONE is wrong about him... then 5 years for the next guy... so that's 2026 before we might see another bowl game... and could easily be 2030 if this "bottom" is even lower than where Shea left us.

images

Depressing

Depressing
Hadn't even thought about it like that. The thought of being 65..before we are decent again ..at 6 or 7 wins is unacceptable at this point in my life. Ill be out of jersey by then anyway so why should I even bother.

How do you know that? Blough was a junior when Brohm took over. While not as bad as Art's freshman stats, Blough's 2015 freshman stats were not great. And I am not holding out hope that Art will be our QB going forward.

And Rondale Moore is a freshman this year. Maybe Lacewell, Jordan or Woods (or more than one of them) will flash next year.

The song and dance that everybody and everything sucks with Rutgers football got old and tired a while ago. This is not directed at you personally. Yeah, RU sucked this year, particularly on offense. But I believe we will be better next year, at least because we can't be any worse.

That was a good attitude to have after year 1. Not year 3. We have not improved offensively one bit.

This is the only way to start the change. Too bad there will be the same people complaining about not being allowed to bring in apples or how loud the third down siren is next season.

Oh that is wrong

Who will be coming to the stadium next year? Maybe Ohio State fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT