ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Day 2 Thread

The portal is open for wrestlers to enter and it's going to close soon.
There is no closing of the portal any longer. Judge's ruling made it so you can portal at any time. The ruling was that by having portal windows you restrict what athletes can earn.

I almost feel like they need to flip…

Poz cuts back down to get a little more speed/quickness back that he seems to have lost with the extra bulk, but obviously maintain some of that bulk, while Solando needs to get stronger but not so much to alter his overall style. What the hell do I know but I kept thinking that all season.
Soldano to 97? He'd look like a little person. He'd need to bulk up like Lou Ferigno (ala Incredible Hulk) or risk being Bill Bixby at that weight.

No..I don't think 7/8 round is going now. These are consolation semifinals. My guess is 3rd, 5th, 7th matches go after this round. Anyone?
I realize that after posting my question. I think you are right. We should start seeing those matches flow through after these are done

Soldano to 97? He'd look like a little person. He'd need to bulk up like Lou Ferigno (ala Incredible Hulk) or risk being Bill Bixby at that weight.
If Gabe Arnold can wrestle up at 197 n beat guys that Soldano can if he chooses to lol

Agreed. He was a few inches from getting the 3 against Buchannon, who is a multi AA and beat up Beard in the next match. Really tough way to lose for Poz.
Does Buchanan have any eligibility left? I wouldn't mind raiding Oklahoma for him like we did Moore and Butler before he got hurt. Speaking of which, does Butler get a medical RS?

"Lanni here. I caught up with Rutgers wrestler Brian Soldano, who was back for Day 2 of the NCAA Championships yesterday after a frightening injury left him unconscious on the mat. He said he's "feeling good" and ready to come back next season for his third appearance at the national tournament. More here:"

Thought heard Butler is done… plus we have Clark who’s coming back who was on a pretty good improvement trajectory.
Clark was wrestling well at 157 and would've been in the Tourney had he not gotten hurt. Gonna be interesting how we tackle the offseason with the upper weights from 165 to 197. We have a lot of flexibility and I'm sure Goodale will get a couple portal guys to come in.

Clark was wrestling well at 157 and would've been in the Tourney had he not gotten hurt. Gonna be interesting how we tackle the offseason with the upper weights from 165 to 197. We have a lot of flexibility and I'm sure Goodale will get a couple portal guys to come in.
Heard Clark’s injury was pretty significant and he might not return

If Gabe Arnold can wrestle up at 197 n beat guys that Soldano can if he chooses to lol
For every one that can do it (and be successful), I'd venture there are about ten who can't. Comparing to Arnold just doesn't cut it when Soldano was small at 84
We need better than just getting to the Tourney at 57.

Reactions: bigmatt718
And yet another locked hands challenge.

I mean we are cutting this down to the video frame by frame this is ridiculous. There is no reaction time involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: William J. Leggett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT