ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Day 2 Thread

Yara had a game plan and stuck to it. Man I was nervous that last minute. Was waiting for the ever present Rutgers Phantom Stall Call.

I must say the scoring system for the NCAA Tournament is so fvcked up. For taking 7th instead of 8th you get just the 1 pt, for the win. One 6th outweighs two 7th's by double.

Reactions: UnderHooks
I must say the scoring system for the NCAA Tournament is so fvcked up. For taking 7th instead of 8th you get just the 1 pt, for the win. One 6th outweighs two 7th's by double.
You have to win an additional match to get to the 5/6 match. That’s how tournament scoring is everywhere. There’s a large jump to 3/4 and another to 1/2

I still maintain tournament team scoring is stupid. As an example, I don’t know why you get points in pigtail matches. 31 wrestlers were good enough to not have to wrestle a pigtail, yet the two worst seeds get an additional opportunity to earn points for their team. Makes no sense whatsoever.

You have to win an additional match to get to the 5/6 match. That’s how tournament scoring is everywhere. There’s a large jump to 3/4 and another to 1/2
Yes I understand and have been doing or watching this sport since the 3rd grade. The 6th place guy has won one match. For his win he gets 3.5 pts to advance. He then loses 0 pts, then loses again 0pts. Two 7th place guys lose their first match 0 pts. and win their 2nd and combined they get just 2 pts. for the wins. I've always hated the scoring system. It does not foster a team concept. More like, find 3 to 4 studs and fill the rest of your team out with kids on campus.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Yes I understand and have been doing or watching this sport since the 3rd grade. The 6th place guy has won one match. For his win he gets 3.5 pts to advance. He then loses 0 pts. Two 7th place guys lose their first match 0 pts. and win their 2nd and combined they get just 2 pts. for the wins. I've always hated the scoring system. It does not foster a team concept. More like, find 3 to 4 studs and fill the rest of your team out with kids on campus.
We’ll take the pigtail points this year though SCNJ 😀

Reactions: koleszar
So would general thoughts be:

- happy with 2 AA's, but
- expected better team result following a solid opening day ???

I think top 20 finish and 2 AA’’s is good. If poz won his match to AA then would have been a very successful tournament

So would general thoughts be:

- happy with 2 AA's, but
- expected better team result following a solid opening day ???
Anyone who expected more than the general overall performance was just setting themselves up for disappointment. Could have gotten more out of Moore and Peterson but didn’t expect certain wins from Cetta and Yara

There is no closing of the portal any longer. Judge's ruling made it so you can portal at any time. The ruling was that by having portal windows you restrict what athletes can earn.
45 days I was told. The window just open on the 45 days.

Anyone who expected more than the general overall performance was just setting themselves up for disappointment. Could have gotten more out of Moore and Peterson but didn’t expect certain wins from Cetta and Yara
I didn't say "team expectations coming into the tournament." I (very specifically) said "following a solid opening day."

I didn't say "team expectations coming into the tournament." I (very specifically) said "following a solid opening day."
After the opening day you had most of the team staring at a single digit seed in front of them and with the exception of Shawver (who had to face a guy who has beaten him twice) they were all underdogs in the matchup.

I repeat, anyone who expected more than what we ultimately finished with had unreasonable expectations. The debate coming in was over/under 1 or 1.5 AAs. The over hit either way. Be happy.

I don’t think it really matters who finished above or below us. At the end of the day we had the 20th best team score at the national tournament. You either decide if you are happy with that or not

Reactions: LETSGORU91
After the opening day you had most of the team staring at a single digit seed in front of them and with the exception of Shawver (who had to face a guy who has beaten him twice) they were all underdogs in the matchup.

I repeat, anyone who expected more than what we ultimately finished with had unreasonable expectations. The debate coming in was over/under 1 or 1.5 AAs. The over hit either way. Be happy.
Be happy! Wit ur beer money wallet and champagne taste or w.e Harley always says haha lol… in all seriousness it was a good season.. hopefully a set up season for a breakthrough

Reactions: mikemessner

AGAIN....I didn't say "coming in." Geeesh lol…

That being said THANK YOU for the part "bolded." Excellent response.

Team Scores
Functions
Printed on 03/23/2024 01:05 p.m.

Team Scores
Penn State​
155.5​
Michigan​
71.0​
Cornell​
68.5​
Iowa​
67.0​
Iowa State​
64.5​
Arizona State​
60.5​
Nebraska​
60.5​
Virginia Tech​
59.0​
Ohio State​
58.0​
Oklahoma State​
56.0​
Missouri​
49.5​
NC State​
49.5​
South Dakota State​
48.5​
Lehigh​
36.5​
Northern Iowa​
34.5​
Stanford​
34.0​
West Virginia​
31.5​
Wisconsin​
24.5​
Little Rock​
24.0​
Rutgers​
22.5​
Air Force​
21.5​
Minnesota​
21.0​
Oklahoma​
20.0​
Oregon State​
20.0​
Ohio​
16.0​
Indiana​
13.0​
Lock Haven​
13.0​
Navy​
13.0​
Pittsburgh​
13.0​
Campbell​
12.5​
Columbia​
12.5​
North Carolina​
12.5​
Wyoming​
10.0​
Army West Point​
9.5​
Rider​
9.5​
Maryland​
8.5​
Pennsylvania​
8.0​
Illinois​
7.5​
Appalachian State​
7.0​
Binghamton​
6.5​
Bucknell​
6.5​
Central Michigan​
5.0​
Virginia​
5.0​
Michigan State​
4.0​
North Dakota State​
4.0​
Princeton​
3.5​
Cal Poly​
3.0​
California Baptist​
3.0​
George Mason​
3.0​
Northern Colorado​
2.5​
Northwestern​
2.5​
Purdue​
2.5​
Buffalo​
1.5​
Chattanooga​
1.5​
Harvard​
1.5​
Franklin and Marshall​
1.0​
Gardner-Webb​
1.0​
LIU​
1.0​
Utah Valley​
1.0​
VMI​
1.0​
Cleveland State​
0.5​
SIU Edwardsville​
0.5​
American​
0.0​
Brown​
0.0​
Clarion​
0.0​
Hofstra​
0.0​
Northern Illinois​
0.0​
The Citadel​
0.0​

Be happy! Wit ur beer money wallet and champagne taste or w.e Harley always says haha lol… in all seriousness it was a good season.. hopefully a set up season for a breakthrough
I didn’t say it was good or bad. I just said your opinion shouldn’t be based on how another team, like Little Rock or Minnesota did. It should be based solely on how we performed and if it was again in your opinion better or worse than you expected prior to the start of the year

there are teams that finished ahead of us with less beer money wallets, right?

2 AAs is great and big ten showing was outstanding. It is a successful season and next year looks even better but the finger pointing at fans doesnt seem fair. What money was given secured the 2 guys that just placed. I'm not sure that is in the way of success, or at least is as black and white as some seem to think.

And 2 spots ahead of Minnesota

Choose your perspective
My perspective was strictly those directly in front and behind us that's it. You want to talk how we sit in B1G comparison, how about this perspective, two spots below Wisconsin, a team we outdistance by 41 points in the B1G's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT