ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA FINAL FOUR: Championship Game Thread

There were people who legitimately thought we were too good/classy for a guy like danny hurley. These people dont care that much about winning and prefer a buttoned up “rutgers man” than a savage win at all costs guy

AT THE TIME - we were still in the wake of Mike Rice - I understood the hesitancy to hire another known hot head

but I dont even know what you mean by a buttoned up “rutgers man”

Reactions: shields
AT THE TIME - we were still in the wake of Mike Rice - I understood the hesitancy to hire another known hot head

but I dont even know what you mean by a buttoned up “rutgers man”
Another example is people saying they'd never want rick pitino here even if it meant winning big.

Every year, crazy late
6:20 on West coast. 7:20 Mountain time. 8:20 Central. 9:20 Eastern. All things considered, that tip off time is a smart compromise.

And... Phoenix follows Mountain standard time, so same as West Coast this time of year, which equates to a tip off at 6:20 pm, their time. ?

6:20 on West coast. 7:20 Mountain time. 8:20 Central. 9:20 Eastern. All things considered, that tip off time is a smart compromise.

And... Phoenix follows Mountain standard time, so same as West Coast this time of year, which equates to a tip off at 6:20 pm, their time. ?
Unfortunately it means my son isn't going to be able to watch it (or at least very much of it), after following March Madness up to this point. (and his bracket had UConn v Purdue in the final).

Not sure why people think he will leave UConn or would have left us if he came and had the same success. He grew up in NJ, coached in NY, RI and now Conn and is now having major success. His first three moves were up levels but he is now where he can win NC's. He is a NE guy and his father stayed at St Anthony's his entire career. You never know if a guy will leave, money, admin disagreements, etc., but based on above my guess is he stays long term.

Not sure on the logic of removing the last two years of his career to get him below .600. A more logical cherry pick might be removing his first years when he took over down programs and did not have his system and players in place, then he is just over .700, and that looks like it will keep getting better.

He does whine but it seems effective, I wish Pike would hone this skill a little.
He might well stay and the local connections would be good reasons to. He definitely has it all organized to be successful there. But it is Storrs, Connecticut, and the bright lights and bigger bucks may come calling. Time will tell.

As to cherry picking, I said he's had two great years, but before that, only good, not great. But hey, give him the last two years and he's still under .650.

As to whining, to me it's just a bad look. Never liked coaches who cry on the sidelines. But no argument that he is one of the very best college coaches right now.

Another example is people saying they'd never want rick pitino here even if it meant winning big.

Rick pitino and Dan Hurley are not the same thing

Dan Hurley is a bit of a hot head but, unless I’ve missed it, I’ve never heard he was dirty

Whereas Slick Rick ……

Rutgers fans are hardly the only fanbase who wouldn’t want their program run by one of (the?) dirtiest coaches in the game

🍎 🍊

Personally- I certainly wouldn’t mind a coach like Dan Hurley (who acts a bit unhinged at times and IMHO is a bit unlikeable) if we had UConn's success. But I too wouldn’t want Rutgers associated with a slime ball like Rick pitino

Again 🍎 🍊

Last edited:
Reactions: runrutgersrun
Guy would get caught piping the shit out of some athletic department chick before he ever “won big” here

Looks like the game's started after 9:10 as far back as 2003. 2002 tipped off at 9:00. Can't find any tipoff times prior to that.
It will be interesting to see if the women’s final has better ratings than the men. In addition to the game starting during the day on a weekend, it was also on ABC rather than TBS.

Seriously, how good is Cam! He has scored and been instrumental on all the other scores for UCONN

Hurley out on the court in play and no T - but they got the NC State coach for less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT