ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Lacrosse Playoffs

Rutgers83

Senior
Feb 20, 2008
Woot. Loyola has been on a slide but took care of Syracuse . Yale took down Georgetown in close game. Army playing Penn now, just started.

Irlan was 31-4 on faceoffs. Yale went up 7-0 in the 1st and lost their intensity. Army showing solid D but nothing on offense. They won't be able keep up.

Irlan was 31-4 on faceoffs. Yale went up 7-0 in the 1st and lost their intensity. Army showing solid D but nothing on offense. They won't be able keep up.

Love the D , so aggressive, but I think you are right, Penn up 9 to 5 in third.

Army goes down to 4th seed 13 to 8. Didn"t win many FO but created a ton of turnovers. Penn is a very good team. Can see them go all the way.

I attended Penn vs Army at Franklin Field today. That Quaker team is for real. They have a fantastic FOGO and their defense is excellent. I will most definitely be going to the Final Four at the Linc if they make it there. Also Hobbs can and should take a page out of Penn's book... they had the student section at Franklin Field in the first 4 or 5 rows.

I attended Penn vs Army at Franklin Field today. That Quaker team is for real. They have a fantastic FOGO and their defense is excellent. I will most definitely be going to the Final Four at the Linc if they make it there. Also Hobbs can and should take a page out of Penn's book... they had the student section at Franklin Field in the first 4 or 5 rows.
Unfortunately that is the Fogo that was all set to come here until UPenn got involved

Reactions: bigmatt718
Penn St. 23 - UMBC 7 after 3. Cornell and about 6 other teams, including RU, think about the AQ system and shake their collective heads.

Penn St. 23 - UMBC 7 after 3. Cornell and about 6 other teams, including RU, think about the AQ system and shake their collective heads.
AQ system is a farce. There's at least 5 teams that are sitting at home that would've put up a better fight vs PSU than a sub .500 UMBC team.

Maryland takes down No. 6 Towson in OT. Clutch play by Terps with 15 secs left to send to OT.

ACC announcers previously questioning if Maryland belonged in postseason. Lets go Hopkins.

Maryland takes down No. 6 Towson in OT. Clutch play by Terps with 15 secs left to send to OT.

ACC announcers previously questioning if Maryland belonged in postseason. Lets go Hopkins.

I think Hopkins will be tough tonight. Maybe beating us Turtles back to back wasn't the greatest thing ever, but after that they gave Penn State (the best team by a long shot this year) a hell of a game last time out.

It is a shame that this entire tournament is televised on the ACC Network. Gotta at least give them credit for not even trying to hide their bias

Duke survives Richmond Spiders 12 to 11. Duke No. 2 seed and just getting bye. Not a good sign.

Lost the game when they slowed it down with little time left at the end of the game. Told my wife they're going to loose this. Had their guy hold the ball till late & rolled the ball into the corner with 23 sec's left. Actually not sure if they rolled it into the corner or their guy held it until the shot clock was winding down & tried to get a shot off. Either way there were 23 secs left & the rest is history. Should have played their normal game & offense. Maryland scores with 3 secs left. Tie game &, in actuality, game over.

Last edited:
How quickly we forget 18-6 at home ...
I’d rather think about the 1 goal loss the week before.

Let’s look in the bright side. At least they were ranked number 1. Imagine getting beat 8-1 by an unranked Elon squad of all teams like Donigan did. Holy embarrassment.

Las Vegas lines on Saturday

Penn State -2.5 over Yale O/U 32.5

Virginia -1 over Duke O/U 26.5

Ughhh the NCAA must LOVE this...2 ACC in semi-finals with at least 1 in the final.

Ughhh the NCAA must LOVE this...2 ACC in semi-finals with at least 1 in the final.

Duke, who lost to High Point and their conference title game, seeded higher than Penn, who won their conference and who's only losses were to tournament teams. Thus both Duke and Virginia got cupcake 1st rd. games and the Ivies played each other in the quarterfinals.

Actually, both the NCAA AND the Baltimore Mafia love it.

Duke, who lost to High Point and their conference title game, seeded higher than Penn, who won their conference and who's only losses were to tournament teams. Thus both Duke and Virginia got cupcake 1st rd. games and the Ivies played each other in the quarterfinals.

Actually, both the NCAA AND the Baltimore Mafia love it.
ESPN loves it too

ESPN loves it too

Yale-----who lost to Nova :)-----dominates PSU start to finish to head to the Final vs UVA.

IMO will be a ton closer than yesterdays game and UVA can beat them.

It doesn't matter in a tourney how you were playing 3 months ago what matters is how you're playing now.

Yale-----who lost to Nova :)-----dominates PSU start to finish to head to the Final vs UVA.

It doesn't matter in a tourney how you were playing 3 months ago what matters is how you're playing now.

If what you were doing 3 months ago doesn't matter, why are you bringing up Yale's February game with Nova?

Based on what we saw yesterday, Yale is playing much better now.

While the Uva game was interesting because it was close, that was not high level lacrosse. Yale looked much better. As did Penn St.

If Yale gets the ball like they did against Penn St, it’s a lock.

If UVA turns the ball over 18 times (12 in the first half) it will be over by halftime.

I’m assuming Uva can play better than that. That was not championship material.

Their goalie better have the best day of his life.

Because you brought up Duke's loss to High Point

I also brought up the ACC conference championship game, which Duke lost. On the other hand Penn won their championship game and hadn't lost a game since February. Yet they were seeded lower.

Reactions: Caliknight
Penn was clearly better than Duke. Massive oversight by the committee. Makes you wonder about their motivations.

Reactions: knight82
I’m assuming Uva can play better than that. That was not championship material.

Their goalie better have the best day of his life.

Well they've got a hot goalie, Irlan is less than 100% and their overall defense is playing much better than Saturday. It's going to be an interesting 2nd half.

Gotta give it to Uva- they were more physical and shot much better today. Their goalie was great. The two things they needed to do. They looked much more rested. Yale looked tired and slow. Gotta think the Penn St game and short rest didn’t help.

Uva is building another monster. Their recruiting, as usual, has been off the charts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT