ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tourney Easter Sunday Elite 8 game thread

Got to root for the Woofies vs Purdue. Likeable squad. Would like to see Burns, Middlebrooks, and Diaara get the best of Edey.

I had turned off the NC State/Virginia game in the ACC tourney with a few seconds left, after NC State, down 3 missed. the 3 point shot and Virginia got the rebound. was shocked the next day when I saw on ESPN when I saw that NC State had won..
They appear to be a team of destiny, winning the ACC tournament then their region as an 11 seed.
Parallels being made to the 1983 team. I played in High School with a guy that was on the '83 team, & of course the whole story with Jimmy V. It is fascinating, and could be another 30 for 30 if they pull of a title with 2 monumental upsets in the Final Four.

Are NC State and the Kemba Walker UConn team the only teams to win five games in five days in their conference tournament? And both went on to go to the Final Four
NC State did this in 1983 as well I believe. Went on to be NCAA champs under Valvano.

Last edited:
This Wolfpack is hard not to root for. Likable team with good parts. They must have underperformed or had injuries during season. Duke was lucky to be this far.

Happy for Purdue they finally reached FF. Should have made it year Virginia stole win from them. That team was playing better with Edwards on fire.

Anyone beat UConn.

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
This Wolfpack is hard not to root for. Likable team with good parts. They must have underperformed or had injuries during season. Duke was lucky to be this far.

Happy for Purdue they finally reached FF. Should have made it year Virginia stole win from them. That team was playing better with Edwards on fire.

Anyone beat UConn.
Rooting for Purdue to do to UConn what UConn did to Illinois

I am 100% rooting for Purdue to get the B1G another title. Better chance to beat UConn than NC State, too, plus Painter always seems like a good guy and respectful of our program.

Reactions: Loyal-Son

Anyone beat UConn.
Duke was lucky? Duke had looked very good coming g into this game, their defense was light years better than I thought. NC State just on fire right now.

By the way, except for one run, Illinois was at least even with UConn...
A 30-0 explosion is more than one run.Illinois was shell shocked on both ends of the floor.UConn simply has too many weapons for opponents to defend which is the reason that every tournament victory is double digits.

Reactions: Knight Shift
A 30-0 explosion is more than one run.Illinois was shell shocked on both ends of the floor.UConn simply has too many weapons for opponents to defend which is the reason that every tournament victory is double digits.
😉

NO it's not their weapons, they just run double screens better than everyone or something.

Very poor game plan & offensive strategy by Illinois.
Purdue has a completely different setup than Illinois.
Edey will neutralize Klingan. He won’t be able to grab every rebound and outlet to quick fast break. If Edey can get him in foul trouble, it will be a completely different game..

Very poor game plan & offensive strategy by Illinois.
Purdue has a completely different setup than Illinois.
Edey will neutralize Klingan. He won’t be able to grab every rebound and outlet to quick fast break. If Edey can get him in foul trouble, it will be a completely different game..
Have to get by NC State. The maturity of their guards worry me a little vs. Purdue

True. NC St is tough.
But then even Burns Jr can create havoc for Klingan, & can certainly get him in fouls trouble. Look what he did to 7-0 Flip
Uconn is not the ‘91 Vegas, or even 2015 Kentucky that entered the Final Four undefeated (& left without a title)
Seton Hall beat them, & they lost big to Creighton on the road .
Neutralize or eliminate Klingan & they can be beaten..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT