ADVERTISEMENT

Next Domino falling: The U

Where does it say they made a decision? Report, from a minute ago, simply says that they have interviewed Mullen.

We may have a shot at Schiano. If the Rutgers process takes a long time, all the other schools would have rejected Schiano and then he might take our job offer.

If you interviewed Mullen and Richt, it would take a great GS interview to land the job.
That assumes that Mullen and Richt truly want the job. Mullen is already well-paid at an SEC school (albeit a tough one to win at), and not everyone is convinced Richt really wants to coach this year. It's also reported that his family does not want him to jump right back into it. Not everyone who interviews for a job is in hot pursuit of that opening.

My wild-ass guess is that the pecking order for Miami is Richt, Mullen, Schiano and Davis in that order. Don't think either Richt or Mullen are locks to take the job, but I'd be slightly surprised if both of them turned it down if offered.

kills me that Miami, with all its problems, seems to have the pick of the litter....

kills me that Miami, with all its problems, seems to have the pick of the litter....
It's a very unique job. It has a lot of cons (and I don't just mean their football alumni!), but a lot of checks in the plus column, too. I can't think of another program with such a "schizophrenic" list of qualities.

Which coach doesn't want a job in South Florida in a recruiting hotbed that pays $4m a year?

I think this Miami trying to make itself feel as though it is a big program, when, in fact, it no longer is...

Reactions: koleszar
If Dan Mullen really interviewed for Miami, I don't know how he can go back to Mississippi State if he doesn't get the job.

Hi Dan.

Does anyone know for sure whether Rutgers has made an offer to anybody or is simply weighing options right now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT