ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano Status

I will always root for NS.
I actually root for PSU as well when they are not wrestling RU (I Hate Iowa!)
I like watching the best wrestlers.

Speaking of best wrestlers, is Mason Manville wrestling this year? What weight if he is?
I watched the video of him beating Bey and came away impressed.

Who am I kidding, forget the wrestling talk, what is everyone's opinion on the possibility of NS transferring? Haven't heard much about the possible transfer to date.

If he's stating it...it's a fact...He's closer to this than anyone else on either board...
He stated yesterday that Nick would never wrestle for PSU again. He stated it as fact. Today not so much.....forgive us if we think he's working "off the cuff" at times like the rest of us...

Reactions: Nitt Fan
He stated yesterday that Nick would never wrestle for PSU again. He stated it as fact. Today not so much.....forgive us if we think he's working "off the cuff" at times like the rest of us...

This has always been a very fluid situation... And as with all things involving teenagers...Things can change pretty quick...

I can confirm that Cael told us they would not support the waiver. Fact! I also retract my "NS will never go back to PSU" earlier statement. After thinking about it, if NS does not get a waiver soon he will not come to RU. Therefore, he has no where else to go so he wants to wrestle and PSU is his only option. He returns to PSU and I will root for him whenever he wrestles

At least Cael/PSU didn't oppose the waiver. I don't know what the butt hurt is about. Penn State is allowing the B1G to follow its own rules and criteria regarding the waiver without taking a position - which to me seems like a reasonable middle ground. If what has been said by "insiders" is true, Penn State could have shut down the waiver by objecting to its granting. So the argument seems to be that Penn State didn't do everything within its power to facilitate the transfer. In point of fact, they gave a release and did not "veto" the waiver - so they actually did a lot to help. It's hard to ask for more without sounding a bit whiny, imo.

Speaking of best wrestlers, is Mason Manville wrestling this year? What weight if he is?

I am a season ticket holder for both programs and consider Rutgers my third favorite college wrestling program. I'll continue to support Rutgers despite this trainwreck, which has been a bad look for a lot of its fan base.

Manville is shirting in some way this year, as far I know. He deferred admission last year so his clock hasn't started to run (although it will soon, I think) and he has a redshirt (and an Olympic redshirt?) in his pocket.

I watched the video of him beating Bey and came away impressed.

Who am I kidding, forget the wrestling talk, what is everyone's opinion on the possibility of NS transferring? Haven't heard much about the possible transfer to date.
Other info on Manville already posted by matter. However, he is representing the U.S. next week in Paris at the World Championships in Greco.

You said a lot of things that were false, misleading or just plain fabricated. Here are a few, and the list is not exhaustive.

This was very misleading because all of the major conferences with a broad range of sports at the most highly-competitive levels have stricter-than-NCAA intraconference transfer rules - the SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 all have similar rules.

This is entirely fabricated and false. Someone in one of the Suriano threads listed the feedback on Bilas' tweet and it was very underwhelming.

You have made up the "competitive advantage" criterion, which qualifies as "false" because you are stating a criterion that doesn't exist does, in fact, exist. As you have described it, a transfer has to make school 2 better in a sport than team 1 to trigger the conference rule. In the first place, such a criterion is nonsensical on so many levels and incapable of implementation since the effect of the transfer could never be measured until *after* the transfer took place. Secondly, just on a rational level, Suriano being at Rutgers gives them a competitive advantage over Penn State at 125 unless Penn State can find a better wrestler (very hard to do since he is most likely the top wrestler at the weight class). So even if the criterion were real, it *would* be triggered in this instance.
Competitive advantage? Talk about an idiotic criteria. If true it would mean that a wrestler could transfer from PSU to any other B1G school and would receive a waiver regarding the loss of eligibility. OTOH it would also mean that any B1G wrestler who transfer to PSU would not be eligible for a waiver. How does that criteria come into play in the Micic transfer since Michigan obviously has a better program than Northwestern and Micic received a waiver.

Competitive advantage? Talk about an idiotic criteria. If true it would mean that a wrestler could transfer from PSU to any other B1G school and would receive a waiver regarding the loss of eligibility. OTOH it would also mean that any B1G wrestler who transfer to PSU would not be eligible for a waiver. How does that criteria come into play in the Micic transfer since Michigan obviously has a better program than Northwestern and Micic received a waiver.
You are attempting to understand make believe criteria stated as fact by someone who most likely has never had a conversation with anybody on the subject other than a few buddies after a few rounds.

I think we've finally figured out where Spyker disappeared to.
Must admit a chuckle but this is clearly not true.

Spyker doesn't talk to Cael at practice. He watches practice, overhears a couple guys in the hallway outside a nearby weight room, and emails Cael.

Also, Spyker would say NICK IS BEATING ASHNAULT IN THE ROOM !!!!

Reactions: nitlion6
Do you people not realize that Goodale and Cael spoke for hours about this issue as well as both ADs?

And, if true, this is precisely why the idea of supporting or not supporting the waiver by school 1 being a factor in the B1G decision is such a terrible idea. The whole concept of Cael and Scott talking about the transfer reeks of collusion and behind the scenes deals (even if everything is on the up and up) - or at least gives the proverbial "appearance of impropriety". The two coaches should not be communicating on the subject.

Reactions: Hotshoe
All this thread is doing is circling around the same thing that's been said for about 15 pages.

1.) B1G rule says at this point Suriano would have to sit a year and lose that year of eligibility since he got his transfer OK to Rutgers.
2.) PSU isn't encouraging a waiver around the B1G rule.
2.) Suriano is looking for a way around sitting.
3.) If he can't find a way around, he'll either stay at PSU or go elsewhere.

If you don't have anything else new to add, please stop repeating this stuff.

Now that we've got that out of the way, there are a couple of PSU posters that are really pushing the line between: A.) being decent company that's just disagreeing with things, and B.) being a complete dick about things. Please don't fall in the latter category or I will exclude you from the boards. I tried purging some posts from this thread already and have otherwise given people enough leeway.

Most of us are pretty respectful posters but like anything, the loudest most obnoxious standout. Would love for this saga to come to an end.

Well yeah. But look how much we learned about what we don't know about the Big Ten transfer rules.
not really-although we did get to see it repeated many, many times!

And get some travel tips, some BBQ recipes, etc on the other boards. This one stayed more on topic, but was a lot less fun to read.

Reactions: Leonard23
Have fun for the rest of this saga.Listening to all of what is in Carl's mind, collusion, etc is just too much for me. I plan on enjoying the RU wrestling outing next week and the rest of the summer. I will enjoy watching and talking to Nicky at the SKWC practices for the rest of the summer until he probably returns to PSU. I will always admire and love that kid regardless of the color of that singlet and will celebrate his NCAA championship next March in Cleveland for my 40 + consecutive years of attending them if I am still alive. Enjoy the dialogue folks.

Have fun for the rest of this saga.Listening to all of what is in Carl's mind, collusion, etc is just too much for me. I plan on enjoying the RU wrestling outing next week and the rest of the summer. I will enjoy watching and talking to Nicky at the SKWC practices for the rest of the summer until he probably returns to PSU. I will always admire and love that kid regardless of the color of that singlet and will celebrate his NCAA championship next March in Cleveland for my 40 + consecutive years of attending them if I am still alive. Enjoy the dialogue folks.
He is no longer with SKWC. He is currently in Happy Valley. Hopefully negotiations go well for everyone involved.

No Worthyone, he is not in Happy Valley right now but is on College Avenue in anew Brunswick NJ as we speak and that is FACT!

Without verifiable photos, I am trusting no one on either "side". :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But I thought you were done with this subject. Just kidding, you obviously are free to change your mind.

Reactions: Worthyone
Can I apply for a hardship waiver to become a fan of another team, with the hardship case being that I lost tons of productivity following these threads? :sunglasses: And in the end, we are where we started.

Yes, but you might need to sit out the 2017-2018 season ;)

Reactions: Gebmo
Bill is wngarbarini, who likely spent some of today watching the guys wrestle at SKWC, since he helps run the club (behind the scenes stuff).
thanks boss. Good to know whose posts are trustworthy, and who may not quite have the same level of info.

It appears both posters were correct in a way. Nick was in NJ and the parents were in PA.
It's amazing to me how many first time posters this thread has attracted. Hopefully it's not PSU fans coming out of the woodwork to gloat that he ends up back at PSU.

Trustworthy is Bill. Non-trustworthy is me. I get my info mostly from the guys on this board, but have zero inside sources at Rutgers. Haha.

It's amazing to me how many first time posters this thread has attracted. Hopefully it's not PSU fans coming out of the woodwork to gloat that he ends up back at PSU.
Not to reveal who I is. I'm looking at Nicks paperwork on my desk. And that is fact. Mr Bill.

Not to reveal who I is. I'm looking at Nicks paperwork on my desk. And that is fact. Mr Bill.

Bill isn't arguing that. All he has said in his last couple posts is that Nick was wrestling today at our club. If you get into semantics he already acknowledged that Nick may end up back at PSU if he doesn't get the waiver he is looking for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT