ADVERTISEMENT

No. 12 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Prudential Center to Face No. 14 UNC, Hofstra for Inaugural Garden State Grapple / Saturday

The 141 pounder from UNC transferred in from American where he had 88 career wins so he is a tough nut. It could be 5-5 or 6-4 depending on how things fall but UNC is tough.

Reactions: Tango Two
The 141 pounder from UNC transferred in from American where he had 88 career wins so he is a tough nut. It could be 5-5 or 6-4 depending on how things fall but UNC is tough.
141 for UNC, Clark, is huge and very stingy defensively. Will be a good test for Rivera to see how much he has filled out at 141/how he can handle one of the biggest guys at the weight.

Have a feeling we will see Angelo at 165. Hope Turley is feeling more like himself and can go.

it’s not crazy to say we could win 8/9 of the 10 matches but it also could be 5/5c I can’t see us winning less than 5. I think
Shawver W
Alvarez W
Rivera W
MVB L
Kanniard L
Angelo toss up
Turley W if he’s right but probably L here
Poz W
Bulsak W
McDermott W

Have a feeling we will see Angelo at 165. Hope Turley is feeling more like himself and can go.

it’s not crazy to say we could win 8/9 of the 10 matches but it also could be 5/5c I can’t see us winning less than 5. I think
Shawver W
Alvarez W
Rivera W
MVB L
Kanniard L
Angelo toss up
Poz W
Bulsak W
McDermott W
Did I miss something ..is Angelo going 165 now ?

Shawver W
Alvarez W
Rivera W
MVB L
Kanniard L
Angelo toss up
Poz W
Bulsak W
McDermott W
👀 Angelo

Wrestlestat has us winning 8 matches if that counts for anything. They have Clark (165) and Turley both winning in addition to the ones we expect to win. They project our losses to be MVB by decision and Kannaird by major

Angelo was up at 175 and bulked up early in the year and then gassed trying to get to 149. So yes he could be competitive at 165. He weighed 157 when he wrestled in that early dual st 165

Angelo was up at 175 and bulked up early in the year and then gassed trying to get to 149. So yes he could be competitive at 165. He weighed 157 when he wrestled in that early dual st 165
That’s a crazy cut. Almost 15% of his body weight.

Angelo should just keep bulking n wrestle off Clark at 165.. that way he can focus on technique too instead of just cutting weight to make 149…

It’s odd that they would list him as probable if he wasn’t fit to wrestle. He hasn’t been listed in the preview in a long while.

My take. Need three of the four toss-ups.

125 Toss up - Shawver can surprise
133 Toss up - favor Sammy if he doesn't lay an egg
141 R but tough match
149 NC
157 NC bonus
165 NC
174 NC
184 R but close
197 Toss up - favor Bulsak
Hwy R

Assuming Turley wrestles, the only match that’s not, at worst, a toss up for RU is 157. Rutgers can most certainly win the other 9. Obviously they’re not going to win them all, but there shouldn’t be any bouts besides 157 where UNC is a overwhelming favorite.

Coming off his last showing I think Turley is a big question mark. He may be injured but he also looked like he wasn't in shape.

I would think he'll be ready for the B10 matches. If it was a season ending issue I think coach would have used his redshirt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT