ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Welcomes No. 7 Ohio State Sunday

If RU wanna move up in rankings and be out there we should schedule more of the mid-upper tier teams like we did vtech/minn/ohio st.. those were exciting matchups..

I don’t get it when we schedule teams like Duke/Edinboro. Teams we know we will completely crush and likewise on the opposite spectrum, feels like we face PSU every year. A match we know we will get crushed and very small chance of upsets..

Goodale isn’t known to sit out wrestlers. If anything, it might be PSU giving some of their starters a rest after Iowa.. hopefully can come out of this match learning something and not have inj/confidence shook.
As far as schedule..all the B1G teams schedule weak out of conference because B1Gs is a grind and its a way to rack up wins so that you get qualifiers. I dont have a problem with that.

I agree..Goody doesn't duck matches and that's why I was shocked with some of the comments here the other day, basically saying to send a JV team to PSU on Monday. That mindset doesn't resonate with me at all. Those are the matches you want. RU wrestlers have 10 opportunities to face higher ranked guys and get their rank/seed up going into BIgs.

Starocci, Brooks, Kerkliviet really can't afford to miss any more matches if they want to get the magic number of 15 (to get RPI) by end of conference tourney. Generally Cael sends out the A team this time of year, so hopefully everyone from both sides healthy and ready to go.

The match I'm most intrigued by is Davis/Peterson. Davis has been a huge surprise. Peterson has had a tough year IMO but he's talented. A big win for him here would boost his confidence. Shawver/Nagao on paper is close. My eye test tells me Nagao should win comfortably, but Shawver has been the biggest surprise this year for RU..this would be a huge win and would give him 2 seed at B1Gs.

I love PSU but RU is my 2nd team I follow. I'd be disapointed if RU sent a JV team which I highly doubt Goody would do

No one wants to send a JV team. There’s some guys who haven’t looked right in some time, such as Peterson, who might benefit from some time off.

Reactions: pish69
As far as schedule..all the B1G teams schedule weak out of conference because B1Gs is a grind and its a way to rack up wins so that you get qualifiers. I dont have a problem with that.

I agree..Goody doesn't duck matches and that's why I was shocked with some of the comments here the other day, basically saying to send a JV team to PSU on Monday. That mindset doesn't resonate with me at all. Those are the matches you want. RU wrestlers have 10 opportunities to face higher ranked guys and get their rank/seed up going into BIgs.

Starocci, Brooks, Kerkliviet really can't afford to miss any more matches if they want to get the magic number of 15 (to get RPI) by end of conference tourney. Generally Cael sends out the A team this time of year, so hopefully everyone from both sides healthy and ready to go.

The match I'm most intrigued by is Davis/Peterson. Davis has been a huge surprise. Peterson has had a tough year IMO but he's talented. A big win for him here would boost his confidence. Shawver/Nagao on paper is close. My eye test tells me Nagao should win comfortably, but Shawver has been the biggest surprise this year for RU..this would be a huge win and would give him 2 seed at B1Gs.

I love PSU but RU is my 2nd team I follow. I'd be disapointed if RU sent a JV team which I highly doubt Goody would do
Rutgers will not send a JV team. They will only hold out guys injured/banged up. In fact, they err on the wrestling side. IMHO, Butler should not have been out there with no ACL

Butler and Clark are done for the year. Both getting operated on. Butler wanted to try it since this is it for him. He gave it a go and won Mat Town. Then it gave way against OSU. I admire that young man
That’s a shame for both. Hopefully Clark can get healthy and come back 100% next year. Enjoyed watching his development up to this season. Best of luck to butler as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT