ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Detroit for 2022 NCAA Championships / Tournament Thread

Team Scores

Printed on 03/17/2022 09:56 p.m.

Team Scores
Penn State​
27.5​
Arizona State​
22.0​
NC State​
21.5​
Michigan​
21.0​
Iowa​
20.5​
Northern Iowa​
15.0​
Nebraska​
14.5​
Virginia Tech​
14.5​
Cornell​
14.0​
Oregon State​
14.0​
Northwestern​
13.5​
Ohio State​
13.5​
Wisconsin​
12.5​
Missouri​
11.5​
Oklahoma State​
11.0​
Pennsylvania​
11.0​
Minnesota​
10.5​
North Carolina​
9.5​
Princeton​
9.0​
Rutgers​
9.0​
Stanford​
9.0​
Pittsburgh​
8.5​
Purdue​
8.0​
North Dakota State​
7.0​
Illinois​
6.5​
Oklahoma​
6.5​
Cal Poly​
6.0​
Appalachian State​
5.5​
Wyoming​
5.5​
Campbell​
5.0​
Iowa State​
5.0​
Virginia​
5.0​
West Virginia​
5.0​
Lehigh​
4.0​
Air Force​
3.5​
Binghamton​
3.5​
Central Michigan​
3.5​
Michigan State​
3.5​
Northern Illinois​
3.5​
Rider​
3.5​
Bloomsburg​
3.0​
Clarion​
3.0​
Drexel​
3.0​
Maryland​
2.5​
Navy​
2.5​
South Dakota State​
2.5​
Duke​
2.0​
Army West Point​
1.5​
Columbia​
1.5​
Lock Haven​
1.5​
Northern Colorado​
1.5​
Utah Valley​
1.5​
Bucknell​
1.0​
Chattanooga​
1.0​
Cleveland State​
1.0​
Harvard​
1.0​
Indiana​
1.0​
Kent State​
1.0​
The Citadel​
1.0​
CSU Bakersfield​
0.5​
Buffalo​
0.0​
Edinboro​
0.0​
Franklin & Marshall​
0.0​
Gardner-Webb​
0.0​
George Mason​
0.0​
Hofstra​
0.0​
Ohio​
0.0​
Sacred Heart​
0.0​
Siu Edwardsville​
0.0​

Reactions: njsportsphan
Don’t know why everyone is so defensive about this Poz thing. He’s physically not moving the same way as he did at the beginning of the season. If you want to call it an injury, or burnout, whatever but there is something physically wrong. There could be and there probably is a mental component as well but it’s really weird to me how many people have defiantly said there’s nothing wrong. That almost makes me more inclined to believe there is something wrong.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Don’t know why everyone is so defensive about this Poz thing. He’s physically not moving the same way as he did at the beginning of the season. If you want to call it an injury, or burnout, whatever but there is something physically wrong. There could be and there probably is a mental component as well but it’s really weird to me how many people have defiantly said there’s nothing wrong. That almost makes me more inclined to believe there is something wrong.
It's mental... Remember last year, he didn't experience the grind of a B1G season... Really hoping this win can be a springboard for him to make a run...

It's mental... Remember last year, he didn't experience the grind of a B1G season... Really hoping this win can be a springboard for him to make a run...
I noticed a lot of guys that did really well in last year’s shortened year aren’t doing as well this year so it’s not just Poz..

Where can I find updated brackets to see upcoming match ups?

Thank you. Looks like Shawver has a good backside draw/position, he has a reasonable path to and in blood round, the rest (133, 149, 184, 197) have a typical (but doable) very hard path. Like Seb path also to finals. For the most part, we are where expected after day one, one in Championship bracket and and five on backside needing 3 Friday wins to AA. Huge day Friday.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Find myself thinking along similar lines. Entirely possible, and I would say probable he's not 100% physically (as are lot of kids at this point in the season) which could be what is causing some of these mental obstacles/doubts/hiccups various posters have spoken about. End of the day, at 30 thousand feet, only thing that matters is we're all hoping whatever the issue(s) maybe be, he works through them and gets back to peak form. Safe to assume that is one thing we all agree on.

• Love
Thank you. Looks like Shawver has a good backside draw/position, he has a reasonable path to and in blood round, the rest (133, 149, 184, 197) have a typical (but doable) very hard path. Like Seb path also to finals. For the most part, we are where expected after day one, one in Championship bracket and and five on backside needing 3 Friday wins to AA. Huge day Friday.
I think Shawver making blood round is decent chance. He has 25 seed(beat mckee), then Noto(beat Hindelbrand), then if make bloodround will likely be vs 11 seed Kaylor(took out Barnett)… call me crazy but I think Shawver got a swinger’s chance the bracket broke out very well imo

Last edited:
Tough way to lose but I thought backing off the mat for the stall was the correct call. Savy wrestling, knowing that the ref was prone to calling stalling as he hit both for quick returning to the mat stalling calls.
It's the correct call. The problem I have with it is that it isn't called that way consistently, all season long. Refs give the action call way too much during the season, then make the correct call in the post-season.

On a side note, I'm here in England and what a dump this place has turned into. Apparently they're supposed to be a covid surge here but I don't see it. London is starting to look like skid row in California or Philadelphia's Kensington avenue.

On a side note, I'm here in England and what a dump this place has turned into. Apparently they're supposed to be a covid surge here but I don't see it. London is starting to look like skid row in California or Philadelphia's Kensington avenue.
Unfortunately most big cities here and around the world have become dumps do to various reasons but we wont get into that here.

I believe O Neil had a problem cutting to 165 his first season here...But that could have been turley or both

Unfortunately most big cities here and around the world have become dumps do to various reasons but we wont get into that here.
Yeah that's why I mentioned it on a side note. We really don't need to get into it. Just a little FYI in case anybody wants to travel. In 2 days I'm heading to Ireland, and I'm excited about that. I've spoken to a lot of the common folk here in England and they really don't like Joe Biden. They said our government is reminiscent of theirs. Okay let's get back to wrestling. Let's see what our boys can do. I'm real optimistic about Poz I think he's going to place. People will argue with me but I know knee injuries all too well and his left knee is definitely bothering him. I saw a buckle at least two or three times and I can see that he's trying to shift his knee joints when he's walking. Definitely hurt. Yes there is an emotional component but I think the injury has perpetuated it

Reactions: DUForever
Absolutely the correct
Why do you keep insisting he is hurt when guys around the team and others have told you he is not ..with that premise then when anyone wins one year then loses a lot the next then you feel they are hurt ,,a couple explanations have already been given yet you keep saying he is hurt ..if he was hurt he would not be out there ..he looked good to me in his second match ..the facial expressions were normal ...stop with the injury excuse when he loses a match for God’s sake ..he is not injured ...at lest not to the point that that’s why he is losing ..

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Shawver looking great so far. Leads 4-2 after 2 with 1:20 of RT. He will start on defense in the 3rd.

Reactions: Leonard23
Why do you keep insisting he is hurt when guys around the team and others have told you he is not ..with that premise then when anyone wins one year then loses a lot the next then you feel they are hurt ,,a couple explanations have already been given yet you keep saying he is hurt ..if he was hurt he would not be out there ..he looked good to me in his second match ..the facial expressions were normal ...stop with the injury excuse when he loses a match for God’s sake ..he is not injured ...at lest not to the point that that’s why he is losing ..
I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to you because you're always so cordial, but this will be my last response on it. You and others aren't the only ones that know people around the program or in the wrestling community so drop it already and move on. Sheesh.

Reactions: ChasRC69 and SCNJ
It’s either a takedown or not. Make a call. 5 minute break to figure it out is effing ridiculous

If you read correctly I didn’t say he’s hurt. I said there’s something physical going on. Whether or not it’s just he’s exhausted could be a factor, but he physically does not look the same. It’s not a change in strategy as he’s still being somewhat aggressive. He just can’t do what he was doing consistently last year and you can visibly see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT