ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Detroit for 2022 NCAA Championships / Tournament Thread

We are not having a very good tournament. A legendary head coach, two NCAA champs as coaches and decorated athletes at the SKWC and we have really regressed. Maybe we are making too many excuses and these kids have to toughen up. Just can't put my finger on it.
I have noticed this tournament that most guys we wrestled have looked stronger and better conditioned that many of our guys.

That’s Rutgers, Henry. When the going gets tough, we’ll, you know the rest.

Yes, I choked in the first round of the NCAA, but marched back and AA'd. Your just The Van Brills neighbor, who tries to be some know it all. You couldn't walk to the refrigerator without having an air tank next to you. You're a BJ. and that doesn't stand for Bon Jovi
So you choked the other two years ..I got it

2=time Bi10 champ Marinelli and 3 time AA just choked and lost to # 6 Amine lol....

Last edited:
Thats what I'm saying too. We wrestled a bunch of nobodies the first half of the season and some people kept pounding their chest that Rutgers was 12-1. Then we got into the Big Ten schedule and got smacked in the face and only beat
4 time Bi10 champ Marinelli and one time national champ just choked and lost to # 6 Amine lol....
100% agree. He wrestles like a monster all year but then in spotlight he does not perform. That is definition of choking.

Reactions: KidDagger
So you choked the other two years ..I got it
A two time AA who the program wants nothing to do with ...yea you should be so proud ...at least I can go to matches and be welcomed ....you on the other hand they want nothing to do with ...wonder why that is ...

A two time AA who the program wants nothing to do with ...yea you should be so proud ...at least I can go to matches and be welcomed ....you on the other hand they want nothing to do with ...wonder why that is ...
Harley you try and sound like the freedom defender and this huge advocate of RU and the wrestlers but all you actually do is pick fights, call people names, etc. no one can have a different or critical opinion then yours. You literally add zero value. At least some can debate and have actul wrestling conversation. You never make a salient point besides saying someone is Trailer trash, a moron, a loser etc etc. when have you actually said something about real wrestling context.

Why does everyone have to have your opinion? Why can no one be critical? Should we be happy with status of program? Teams like NW are in top 8 and we are not performing well. No one is saying people aren’t trying, giving effort, etc but sometimes you need to take a look inside and see what can be done different.

I think some people have made great suggestions like the schedule etc

You’re a joke ....only ten guys can win the natl championship ..all the rest are chokers according to you ...

Last edited:
Why do you keep insisting he is hurt when guys around the team and others have told you he is not ..with that premise then when anyone wins one year then loses a lot the next then you feel they are hurt ,,a couple explanations have already been given yet you keep saying he is hurt ..if he was hurt he would not be out there ..he looked good to me in his second match ..the facial expressions were normal ...stop with the injury excuse when he loses a match for God’s sake ..he is not injured ...at lest not to the point that that’s why he is losing ..
Wrestlers suddenly dont wrestle injured? Spencer Lee had two torn ACLs! Poz injury midseason had some close to the program saying he might be done for the year at the time. Then he only misses one (?) match? And at that point, fell off the cliff. At this stage of the season, any injury can make a won/loss difference. And dont forget, there were guys around the team who say Poz was hurt. Maybe after this tournament ends, we will get some clarity on this situation.
Shawver, 5-2 with riding time. 1 or 2 more years he'll be an all american, no doubt.
Why not this year????
Rutgers should put a Goodale statue up. Guy revived the program to great heights. He's brought it as high as he can. Rutgers needs to start looking for the next guy to take it to the next level.
There's more for him to go upwards IMO. The roster looks very solid, sans the middle weights. Alvarez and Turley were lost for the season. Theres a nice class coming in next year. And hopefully we get to see Hamilton at HWT.

Harley you try and sound like the freedom defender and this huge advocate of RU and the wrestlers but all you actually do is pick fights, call people names, etc. no one can have a different or critical opinion then yours. You literally add zero value. At least some can debate and have actul wrestling conversation. You never make a salient point besides saying someone is Trailer trash, a moron, a loser etc etc. when have you actually said something about real wrestling context.

Why does everyone have to have your opinion? Why can no one be critical? Should we be happy with status of program? Teams like NW are in top 8 and we are not performing well. No one is saying people aren’t trying, giving effort, etc but sometimes you need to take a look inside and see what can be done different.

I think some people have made great suggestions like the schedule etc
And you need to get a life ...guess what ...Seb lost but it’s still sunny here and I’ll enjoy life tomorrow ...you and that idiot Crackers just need to vent since you have nothing else meaningful in your lives ..you’re pathetic and I’m not only one who called you out for saying Seb choked ...btw ..his dad is there ..why not go ask him why his son choked ..you felt a need to say it here where there are no consequences ..some tough guy you are .

So just a question, should fans be happy we are in 23rd place and have 9.5 pts? Is that what we are aspiring to?

And you need to get a life ...guess what ...Seb lost but it’s still sunny here and I’ll enjoy life tomorrow ...you and that idiot Crackers just need to vent since you have nothing else meaningful in your lives ..you’re pathetic and I’m not only one who called you out for saying Seb choked ...btw ..his dad is there ..why not go ask him why his son choked ..you felt a need to say it here where there are no consequences ..some tough guy you are .
Again no real points just name calling and threats. But I’m the loser. Ok. Like crackers said go take your oxygen tank down to the corner store and get another pack of Pall Mall’s.

Ok, if that makes you feel great. But let's be clear here. You will never, ever in your life, be a RU legend or Hall of Fame inductee or have 2 time AA after your name...never ever. You are basically a pissed off at the world, never was been, who comes on here with his dick between his legs ( or ass in your case), and stirs up shit, because you got nothing going on in your life. Yes, as an RU legend, I should know better and not engage some zero like you. In fact, I've gotten inboxes asking me to back off because you aren't worth it. But there is nothing worse than some big mouth asshole like you, with no background in wrestling, who jock sniffs his neighbor, living vicariously through him. That's one pathetic life. In my 60's, I school you, with a sandwich in one hand, signing autographs with the other. So pipe down M.
You mean with a bottle in a bag in the other hand don’t you

Hey when RU wrestling is all you have in life I guess it’s ok to be so unhappy
It's not all I have in life but 23rd is not something to cheer about. That's a real bad showing thus far. It's ok to call a spade a spade and we're not having a very good tournament. Only those who are into participation trophies would call this anything but that.

I haven’t been following… are we going to have any All Americans

I haven’t been following… are we going to have any All Americans
Yes

Seabass would have to say definite
Bulsak has a chance
Poz has a chance
Shawver still alive

The rest are all done. Now getting to 20th ranked is going to be tough.

Reactions: biazza38
@Tango Two Moderators have been continually called in to do something about the mess going on in this board but you continue to do nothing.

Could you at least offer a statement why you won’t moderate this board? It’s pretty unreadable nowadays.
What would you like to see? Hopefully, not censorship of opinions but if the name callers are what you're objecting to, I' can do without them.

History tells us what the future holds.
What does that mean? If it was true at Rutgers we could have folded up the sports programs, now we are in the BIG and doing great in so many sports. Is this about a particular wrestler?

Tough year for the team, a few injuries, Alvarez grows out of 133, have to imagine next year will be better.

WNG even said this kid was a tough matchup for Seabass...I love how you guys who probably never wrestled at this level except in your dreams feel a kid choked simply because he lost ...some of you really need to get a life
WNG did call it. Hope hes wrong on Suriano $$$

Poz leads 4-2 after 2 but Salazar will start on bottom in the 3rd and had 1:54 of RT

Poz with a big move on a reattack after giving up the escape. What are they reviewing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT