ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22 Rutgers Wrestling In Tulsa for 2023 NCAA Championships

Soldano loses 12-4 but he is going to be good after another year of maturing and getting stronger.
If he learns how to wrestle not on his ass…the good kids don’t fall for that. I don’t think I saw a takedown all year standing up. It’s pin or nothing.

Boone is absolutely gassed and barely even tried to fight off that takedown. He’s down 4-2 after 2.

Boone got a quick takedown in the first and then did nothing for the rest of the match so no surprises that he loses. He had absolutely nothing in the tank and it showed.

Boone needs a big man coach. If that can't happen then at least get a resident athlete at SKWC that he can work out with on a regular basis. $$$$

Couple thoughts
Dean - probably our best wrestler - He ll have to beat Brown (MD) again then either Mckee or D'Augustino - tough path - Future is bright for Dean, first trip to NCAAs and 125 thins out next year losing a lot of firepower. Lee, Glory , Mckee, D'Augustino, Liam Cronin, Barnett, Cardinale , Brandon Courtney all graduate - should be preseason top 10

Turley - my observation is that this past month is the best i have seen him wrestle since he went on his AA run. Seems like he back to his old self. Really impressed how he battled Labs and Lewis this month. I'm optimistic for next year. 5 of the top 8 prior to NCAAs all graduate

Soladano - he is going to be a terror after a red shirt year and then taking over the 174 weight class. He is so powerful but i think he is ideal for 174. He battled Trent for 2 periods, less reliance on his hips will go a long way

Clark may be my favorite guy to root for. Remember Paddy Gallagher was the #1 pound for pound recruit in 2021. At. this point, i would rather have Clark for the next 3 years. He is only gong to get stronger and better.

I understand the retort , "young team" gets thrown around but my opinion is that this group of guys are shooting for an AA projection as upperclassmen. Not as frosh and sophs, enjoy the journey and hopefully they develop and battle over next 3 years.

I can see 3 or 4 future AAs on the current team and maybe a couple R12 guys - thats a good team with a bright future.

Soldano has one of the most interesting wrestling styles I’ve ever seen. Super creative but he’ll definitely need to get better on his feet.

Soladano - he is going to be a terror after a red shirt year and then taking over the 174 weight class. He is so powerful but i think he is ideal for 174. He battled Trent for 2 periods, less reliance on his hips will go a long way
Regarding the Hidlay match, he did hang tough, and I think could have kept the score close, but he went for the win with some of his funk that didn't work. Keeping it close would have still been a loss, so I give him credit for trying to pull it off.

I don't think they're planning on redshirting him next year. If Poz is bulking up to wrestle 197, it makes no sense for Soldano to redshirt. If we're expecting Packer to be a factor, we'll have to figure out how to get Soldan, Poz and Packer in the line-up. Can Soldano really make 174 without being miserable? Then what about Turley?

Reactions: brentx35
Soldano has one of the most interesting wrestling styles I’ve ever seen. Super creative but he’ll definitely need to get better on his feet.
I think I posted about this when Soldano signed with us when people were talking about his style. His freshman year in HS, he was pinning guys with his crazy style and also did not have much offense from his feet.....He did not place as a Frosh. His soph year he got better on his feet, was still pinning guys with his style. His Jr and Sr year he was much better on his feet and hand fighting and was still pinning a ton of guys with his style..
I really think he will tweak-adjust just like in HS. He has freakish strength, unbelievabe hips and loves to compete. I really believe he will keep getting much better.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Re 197 and Poz and Solo - Rocky Elam seems like he is 6'2 or 6'3 , the big 197s are going to present a leverage issue for Poz and Solo - Those dudes are huge , just my experience wrestling 184 and 197 - BUT I am absolutely no Solo or Poz, nowhere even in the ball park . Could be 3-5 inches. I m guessing Janzer had similar issues as he was a 84 wrestling 97. Not the best ex but Dean v Alred - dean is an 84 but natty champ at 97- he s an outlier and animal

Reactions: BillyJanzer184
Peterson beat Brown from MD 6-0. How did he do against Brown during regular season?

Peterson with the 6-0 win over Brown again avenging an earlier season loss so he's 2-1 against Brown now! He looked good attacking and getting to his O on his feet, but most importantly, he won the scrambles this time. Hope his knee is ok.

Peterson with the 6-0 win over Brown again avenging an earlier season loss so he's 2-1 against Brown now! He looked good attacking and getting to his O on his feet, but most importantly, he won the scrambles this time. Hope his knee is ok.
Has Dean ever wrestled McKee…obviously a very tough out bere

Soldano next opponent. Heller 16 seed won midlands was 2 seed. Soldano #1 seed lost in semis 7 0. Heller beat the kid Soldano lost to in semis 7 5 in finals.

Just when you think he’s dead to rights multiple times, he still finds an away to get a fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT