ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22 Rutgers Wrestling In Tulsa for 2023 NCAA Championships

If only Soldano was able to keep the late action with Hidlay more centered I think the result would have been different. Kid is so dangerous and Hidlay played it perfectly staying close to the edge of the Matt.

Peterson advances!!!! He's so good when he's aggressive and constantly attacking on his feet. He got in on a ton of shots and dominated McKee on his feet even though the score doesn't show that. He took 8 or more shots while McKee took 1, maybe 2 and that was late in 3rd. The Minnesota coach crying that Peterson was stalling was mindboggling when he was the only 1 taking all the shots and dictating action the entire match until the last 30.

What is the status of Soldano — just got back to my phone/the site now.

Soldano struggles with Finesilvers length and size. He’s also 7 years removed from high school lol

Reactions: RUpop
At least we got a guy to the blood round

Would obviously be amazing to have an all American

Good news Rutgers wrestling fans: The Scarlet Knights are one win away from an All-American finish. Redshirt freshman Dean Peterson will wrestle against Lock Haven's Anthony Noto for a spot on the podium in tonight's blood round. The 125-pounder is the only Scarlet Knight remaining. Brian Soldano (184) had the arena on its feet during a crazy match, but he just lost to Michigan's Matt Finesilver to end his exciting freshman debut at nationals. Fifth-year senior Joe Heilmann (133) lost his first match this morning to get eliminated.

Is the only way to watch ESPN+. All the past years I have been able to watch on ESPN3 just with a cable subscription

Good news Rutgers wrestling fans: The Scarlet Knights are one win away from an All-American finish. Redshirt freshman Dean Peterson will wrestle against Lock Haven's Anthony Noto for a spot on the podium in tonight's blood round. The 125-pounder is the only Scarlet Knight remaining. Brian Soldano (184) had the arena on its feet during a crazy match, but he just lost to Michigan's Matt Finesilver to end his exciting freshman debut at nationals. Fifth-year senior Joe Heilmann (133) lost his first match this morning to get eliminated.
Yeah great news.. on target to finish like 30th in the country out of about 50 teams.

Is the only way to watch ESPN+. All the past years I have been able to watch on ESPN3 just with a cable subscription
You only need ESPN+ to watch individual mat feeds or the matchcast of all 8 mats. Morning sessions were on ESPNU and evening sessions are on ESPN.

Multiple AAs last 6 yrs. Why not.
We missed on some big recruits. But coming into this tournament I’d be happy with 1 all American. Coming into the year I would have said 2, but we all saw how the Sammy situation played out.

From a recruiting perspective the hope was guys like Glasgow, aragona and Alvarez would be top guys in the county. Coaches missed on them and need to do a better job identifying talent/desire to wrestle in college.

We missed on some big recruits. But coming into this tournament I’d be happy with 1 all American. Coming into the year I would have said 2, but we all saw how the Sammy situation played out.

From a recruiting perspective the hope was guys like Glasgow, aragona and Alvarez would be top guys in the county. Coaches missed on them and need to do a better job identifying talent/desire to wrestle in college.
Coach didn't even get Alverez. Sammy left NCST after the first week of school.
But yeah, this should of been a tournament with JoJo, Vulakh (injury), Hamilton etc

Peterson will be on Mat 2 to start the next session at 8pm

One of the better paths to victory probably includes choosing neutral at our choice so Peterson has to be aggressive on his feet.

Reactions: njsportsphan

We always miss on big recruits. I guess you’re happy with mediocre. I like to see us a national power house.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT