ADVERTISEMENT

No. 3 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Plays No. 12 Ohio State Thursday in Big Ten Semifinals

It almost came to blows one time. Good thing Brian is so professional.

I was shocked Meyers picked Knobloch for the under 20 team. He’s obviously very talented and deserving but there is little love lost between the programs.

Ohio St is a bunch of meatheads like their coach. He’s a whiny meathead. The worst kind.

I’m in Maryland. Got here yesterday to take in a PL quarter game

Can’t wait for tomorrow night. Want our guys focused to avenge our Big Ten semi loss last year. I don’t want any anxiety going into Sunday night

Should be an electric night at the stadium.

Beat OSU!

Can’t wait for this one. It’s hard to beat a team twice but we match up well against them. Gotta think our guys are motivated. The goal was never to just make the semi finals of the B1G

Reactions: TRU2RU
Beat the Buckeyes.
I second that motion.

I love defeating OSU (and PSU) in any and all sports. I haven't done the math but I believe that RU holds an edge over both schools in head-to-head competition this academic year, even counting football. Overall, that would say a lot for how far RU has come in this league since both schools have long traditions of excellence in many sports.

I second that motion.

I love defeating OSU (and PSU) in any and all sports. I haven't done the math but I believe that RU holds an edge over both schools in head-to-head competition this academic year, even counting football. Overall, that would say a lot for how far RU has come in this league since both schools have long traditions of excellence in many sports.
I feel like our biggest B1G rivals all around, not just the money sports, are PSU, Maryland, OSU, and Michigan...and to a lesser extent Northwestern and MSU. Maybe it's because we have started to excel in so many Olympic sports and basketball...and I see us continuing to excel the longer we are in the B1G collecting B1G money.

Need the D to play a full game. Locked down late in last 2 games for Ws but OSU is better than PSU and MICH. LFG!

Check the full schedule of today's games. It's essentially equal to the first weekend of March Madness.

Keep Reid and Myers under control like they did the first game, breakeven on FOs and RU plays Maryland on Saturday.

Check the full schedule of today's games. It's essentially equal to the first weekend of March Madness.

Keep Reid and Myers under control like they did the first game, breakeven on FOs and RU plays Maryland on Saturday.
We also need to shoot well. The first time around vs OSU we were lethal. The games in with we’ve struggled either our shooting accuracy was off, we had poor shot selection, or both.

We will get opportunities because our O matches up well with their D. They are big and slow and are used to being able to push guys around, but our guys on average are too big and strong to push around and still quick enough to beat them off the dodge. We need to finish early and often.

Or Hopkins...

I don't see it scheduled on the B1G app. Do I need to subscribe to see the menu? What time?

I don't see it scheduled on the B1G app. Do I need to subscribe to see the menu? What time?
It's not on the BTN+ app. It's on BTN television. If you can only stream the game, it will be on the Fox Sports App (which is where "live" broadcasts from BTN stream).

Reactions: Jumba72
We also need to shoot well. The first time around vs OSU we were lethal. The games in with we’ve struggled either our shooting accuracy was off, we had poor shot selection, or both.

We will get opportunities because our O matches up well with their D. They are big and slow and are used to being able to push guys around, but our guys on average are too big and strong to push around and still quick enough to beat them off the dodge. We need to finish early and often.

If we can keep Myers in check like we did last game, I like our odds. One thing I have noticed that OSU is doing is they are feeding the crease like crazy even when guys aren't really open. We have to be very diligent in front of the goal.

Slow Meyers down, especially his feeding. I forget the guys name but that kid they have from Canada is a sniper. We have to close out on him very quickly.

We have to run off of saves and score. Make them feel pressure to play faster which they don't like. Grinding for goals when the other team scores quickly is tough. Make them do that. Groundballs and faceoffs again will be key. We get similar production there as last game and we are in good shape.

Reactions: TRU2RU and rbled
If we can keep Myers in check like we did last game, I like our odds. One thing I have noticed that OSU is doing is they are feeding the crease like crazy even when guys aren't really open. We have to be very diligent in front of the goal.

Slow Meyers down, especially his feeding. I forget the guys name but that kid they have from Canada is a sniper. We have to close out on him very quickly.

We have to run off of saves and score. Make them feel pressure to play faster which they don't like. Grinding for goals when the other team scores quickly is tough. Make them do that. Groundballs and faceoffs again will be key. We get similar production there as last game and we are in good shape.

That's Reid. He and Myers have been playing a lot of 2 man games.

That's Reid. He and Myers have been playing a lot of 2 man games.

Reid has been the inside guy. The bomber from the outside is Colby Smith. I was mistaken, he's not Canadian. Kid has a cannon though.

Wouldn't be sad to see Hopkins get absolutely demoralized again.

Few programs deserve more of a comeuppance than that one. Let them wallow in misery for awhile.

Any chance greater than a Snowball in Hades that RU can win this tourney?

Any chance greater than a Snowball in Hades that RU can win this tourney?

I think there's a chance. They're probably not better than the top seed, but they are very good, and nobody wins every game, even the top seed.

Go Rutgers...

Reactions: RUTrack94
Maryland just dodged a bullet there. Their D guy clearly threw a punch would have had him out next game.

Don’t pull a Hopkins … last year crushed JHU then lost in B1G tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT