ADVERTISEMENT

Notes for Pike

winfield102

All American
Gold Member
Jun 15, 2005
Please watch all possessions where Caleb shoots or drives and tries to shoot. It has to stop. Will he stop the blatant hook when he drives to the hole? He's also has to value the ball more. He shouldn't be leading the team in TO's.

Why are we feeding cliff in the post? What's his shooting percentage if it isn't a dunk? It's brutal. Why are guards passing it to him when he doesn't have excellent position. He shouldn't be catching the ball 12-14 feet from the basket.

Please stop letting the guys shoot deep 2's.

The team is offensively challenged. They can't afford to essentially throw away 10-12 possessions a game.

Arrested Development Taking Notes GIF by HULU

Please watch all possessions where Caleb shoots or drives and tries to shoot. It has to stop. Will he stop the blatant hook when he drives to the hole? He's also has to value the ball more. He shouldn't be leading the team in TO's.

Why are we feeding cliff in the post? What's his shooting percentage if it isn't a dunk? It's brutal. Why are guards passing it to him when he doesn't have excellent position. He shouldn't be catching the ball 12-14 feet from the basket.

The team is offensively challenged. They can't afford to essentially throw away 10-12 possessions a game.
If we see it, I’m sure he (they) do, your points are valid.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It feels to me like the force-feeding Cliff at the start of each half is often more effective than when we try to get him the ball later in each half. Maybe he fatigues? But that's not something I have really looked at.

I posted about our teams Bball IQ, this is exactly what I was referring to, to many bad offensive possessions.
Caleb should focus on D, I feel he is pressing to score and it’s impacting his game his D our team D and ultimately our team.

Reactions: winfield102
It feels to me like the force-feeding Cliff at the start of each half is often more effective than when we try to get him the ball later in each half. Maybe he fatigues? But that's not something I have really looked at.
He continually forgets to move his feet, hence the awkward positioning of stretching horizontally to the basket and the inconsistency to secure loose balls and missed passes

Notes for Pike? I don’t know.

But I agree with the points about Caleb and Cliff.

Are any of my points off? We are a bad shooting team and we compound it by taking too many low percentage shots. We do it every game.

Pike clearly hasn't had a talk with Caleb about his offense. It's not his time to try and fill geo and Ron's shoes on offense. He's the 6th option in the top seven players.

Reactions: RU MAN
Are any of my points off? We are a bad shooting team and we compound it by taking too many low percentage shots. We do it every game.

Pike clearly hasn't had a talk with Caleb about his offense. It's not his time to try and fill geo and Ron's shoes on offense. He's the 6th option in the top seven players.
This is a good point. Pike says “equal opportunity offense” and that’s a mistake the better offensive players should take the most shots. Cam and Paul should shoot more Caleb should almost never take 3s

Just about every other point they prob already work on but it’s just not that easy

The offensive problems are known but the solutions are missing and will only be corrected by players like Griffiths and Bailey in future seasons.

There is no talk to be had. Pike and any coach will tell you if you are open shoot it. Problem is Caleb has to know better when he is off, especially as a senior.

Please stop. Posting and we may win more

You have zero clue

Most coaches will define a player's role on offense and defense. Giving Caleb free reign this year has not worked out.

As of now we are a single digit seed in the NCAA tournament and looking good for a double bye in B1G. Did you expect us to go undefeated? Haha

Reactions: TRU2RU
Most coaches will define a player's role on offense and defense. Giving Caleb free rein this year has not worked out.
Winfield, keep on expressing your opinions, that’s what this board is for. Ignore the mean girls who are nothing but snarky jerk offs.

There is no talk to be had. Pike and any coach will tell you if you are open shoot it. Problem is Caleb has to know better when he is off, especially as a senior.
This. Caleb as a senior needs to make better decisions. He knew he was off and kept forcing and chucking 3's anyway

I just emailed him your notes, he said thanks

McConnell was 1-12. That was brutal. Of all people he needs to know when to stop.

Reactions: ChasRC69
Does Pike actually read these boards?
If so, Pike can you get me a couple floor seats for the Regionals when we make it to the sweet 16?
Thanks in advance
No, no. This is a thread about giving to Pike. Not taking from him.

Bad fan. Bad. 😉

Reactions: red sail
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT