ADVERTISEMENT

Official RU/PSU Game Thread!

I like Gio’s toughness but he left a lot of open receivers on the field. He’s the best we have but that’s a pretty sad indictment on the program.

Gio is not a starting qb and never will be. Look at his stats, terrible.

once again the opponent makes adjustments and we make zero

The problem is not Gio, the problem is our packages and scheme. We don't even do timing routes and our receivers apparently don't lay out for catchable balls. Not making any adjustments on offense this game is abhorent

problem is not Gio, he made some throws the receivers didn't do their part. Not his best day but he's not the reason we lose

well..,. maybe if he were allowed to throw more.... maybe not

beat the spread.. barely.. and we know what has to get better
Not likely. Two of the 3 plays were open and he had time. He missed badly, behind where the DB was instead of in front where the DB wasn't and way over the top as the WR had a step or two on the DB. This tells me he has very limited accuracy. Increasing his passing attempts isn't going to solve the unsolvable problem.

Not likely. Two of the 3 plays were open and he had time. He missed badly, behind where the DB was instead of in front where the DB wasn't and way over the top as the WR had a step or two on the DB. This tells me he has very limited accuracy. Increasing his passing attempts isn't going to solve the unsolvable problem.
slow down, on several of those plays you saw gio motioning to the wr so there was definitely a miscommunication of sorts. Gio looks to have purposefully thrown the deep out to Hayek way over on purpose when he didn't come back per his own motioning after the play.

we won't know till we see the game again and get more info

slow down, on several of those plays you saw gio motioning to the wr so there was definitely a miscommunication of sorts. Gio looks to have purposefully thrown the deep out to Hayek way over on purpose when he didn't come back per his own motioning after the play.

we won't know till we see the game again and get more info
It was 4th down.:confused: If he did that, then he's beyond hope.

Reactions: Block R
Gio is a warrior. We know he isnt a starting QB. But he is going out there and givign it his all.

A few balls short or behind. If we had an air game and postponed the defense from being on all game we are right in these games.

With that being said, we kept it closer than i thought and probably most, sans Al.

You know statements like playing not to lose is pure fan BS. You develop a gameplan based on what you have on the roster. If you want to bitch, bitch about a QB who can't lead with his arm or WR's who aren't open.

5-14 for 30 yards is all you need to know.

I didn't say they were playing not to lose and I'm sure they are doing what they can to win. That said and understanding the talent differential between RU and some of the B1G - I'm told the plan is to shorten the game to keep the D off the field and fresh and and also to win. We failed to score enough or get enough first downs in the 2nd half to do both. The plan was working in the first half - kinda. In the 2nd half the D got worn out and the O couldn't force the PeddState D to play honest D by making a couple of completions. The the running game suffered because the D was selling out against the run.

Talent differential - D wears out later in game, In-effective passing game, tough time scoring.
D on the field too much wears out against deeper bigger faster teams.

The coaching staff knows this so plans - I assume - that the best way to win is to shorten the game by focusing on running the ball - sadly the O could not execute the passing game part of the plan.

Some folks think this means trying not to lose - I think it's the smart way to play when you are out manned. We'll get better next year too. Hopefully we can complete some passes one of these years.

I didn't say they were playing not to lose and I'm sure they are doing what they can to win. That said and understanding the talent differential between RU and some of the B1G - I'm told the plan is to shorten the game to keep the D off the field and fresh and and also to win. We failed to score enough or get enough first downs in the 2nd half to do both. The plan was working in the first half - kinda. In the 2nd half the D got worn out and the O couldn't force the PeddState D to play honest D by making a couple of completions. The the running game suffered because the D was selling out against the run.

Talent differential - D wears out later in game, In-effective passing game, tough time scoring.
D on the field too much wears out against deeper bigger faster teams.

The coaching staff knows this so plans - I assume - that the best way to win is to shorten the game by focusing on running the ball - sadly the O could not execute the passing game part of the plan.

Some folks think this means trying not to lose - I think it's the smart way to play when you are out manned. We'll get better next year too. Hopefully we can complete some passes one of these years.

I wasn't referring to your post in my comments.

Haven't scored since the 1st quarter.
Kill has the under.
once again the opponent makes adjustments and we make zero

The problem is not Gio, the problem is our packages and scheme. We don't even do timing routes and our receivers apparently don't lay out for catchable balls. Not making any adjustments on offense this game is abhorent
Hayak thrown to five times. No completions. Receivers' faults?

Your ass hurts it was a bad pass. He was wide open and it HIT HIM IN THE HANDS
You are right.. real rookie error not using his feet (to adjust) and then making the catch THUMBS IN.. pinkies-in basket catch attempt..weak sauce for the frosh. That said, I have seen Janarion just run his route and not adjust at all.. watching the ball fall to the ground.. WE NEED CARROO back.. he made QBs look good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT