ADVERTISEMENT

Ogbole a pleasant surprise

Yes, not great inside as he missed some bunnies but an upgrade for sure

I liked how he switched on defense, grabbed a few boards, and made a smooth-looking free throw.

Also think it matters when a guy that big is in the paint on D. Will be interesting to see how well he defends Edey.

actually quite mobile, ran the court well and yes if he learns the pick n roll iBe interesting.

Imagine what these two ( scrubs) would have meant for the past two months.

This is what some of us have been hoping for…..

Hardly a “savior” but perhaps able to CONTRIBUTE. Looked generally positive in that regard

Reactions: Scangg and RUShea
This is the Big 10, you cannot play a 6'8 center in the Big 10. He gets abused when he is in the game.
I don’t get the hype with him. I seriously don’t know if he can even dunk. A more athletic Austin Johnson and that’s no compliment. If he could hit a 3 that would be great but he’s a guy with no position IMO.

For the Maryland game, Ogbole needs to cover Reese one on one when he is in the game so we can double team Young.

They picked the wrong season to emphasize the moving pick. With his size, it should be plug and play, but it's a skill that needs some finesse.

Bring on Jay Young. He has the physical tools, just needs to develop.
When you’re a Big Ten team, especially hoops teams with small rosters, players who arrive should be capable of contributing at a competitive Big Ten level. Serious development goes on elsewhere. Transfer portal allows players to move up when they’ve demonstrated they are ready to contribute at the Big Ten level.

Wolf sucks and shouldnt be back. We now have better and when Sommerville gets here he will be completely buried on the bench.
Wolf doesn't suck. that's a crappy thing to say. He's not a center and why he was at the 4 to begin the season.
with depth he may not play much going forward but this hasn't exactly been a program that develops big guys.

Last edited:
When you’re a Big Ten team, especially hoops teams with small rosters, players who arrive should be capable of contributing at a competitive Big Ten level. Serious development goes on elsewhere. Transfer portal allows players to move up when they’ve demonstrated they are ready to contribute at the Big Ten level.

You haven't been watching RU basketball over the last 8 years have you?

Like to see Ogbole and Wolf take turns hammering tOSU's Key in the 3/10 rematch at the RAC for his throat shot on Cliff in the first game.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Based on one short snapshot, I think Emmanuel will be able to help. Interestingly, considering some of the comments above, I was presently surprised by the fact that he moved pretty well. My favorite play was actually when he got the ball in the low post and passed it back out to the perimeter 😀

We became a middle of the pack team. We advanced from irrelevancy. But we are not competing for championships.
How many in this conference are actually competing for Championships in MBB… even in football… there are perhaps 6-8 solid choices going forward. We can be one of those.
Based on one short snapshot, I think Emmanuel will be able to help. Interestingly, considering some of the comments above, I was presently surprised by the fact that he moved pretty well. My favorite play was actually when he got the ball in the low post and passed it back out to the perimeter 😀
Yes in what I saw of him he moved quite well… this guy isn’t Omoruyi athletic but he is a huge man.He has not been playing for long so let us hope he can be a Myles Johnson type.

You do realize he is still recovering from ACL surgery…. Big 6’10”265-270 lbs… he’ll be fine if he puts the work in. I believe he should have 2 years left? Going up against Cliff has to help.
Acl doesn’t effect foot speed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT