ADVERTISEMENT

Ominous Tweets (B Knight?)

And you know this how? I’m not saying we’d definitely lose Ace if Knight left, but barring insider info, I don’t know how you could be so confident he’d stick around if his lead recruiter / connection to Rutgers left the program
He’s gonna follow him to Kent state? If ace leaves it’s because he got a huge NIL deal he couldn’t refuse. Lead recruiters are highly overrated. It’s always been about the head coach.

Hearing this morning negotiations all day with Knight. Kevin Ollie new name in the picture, McConnell second choice. Want Ollie to work with the big men.
Lol oh ok...love to see Brandon getting recognition and $..big part of recent success...hope he stays in Jersey....I'll just stop paying attention until we know who's actually on the team and who's coaching them... enjoy your summer

Reactions: William J. Leggett
so if he choses Auburn all of a sudden, that would mean he liked Auburn better all along, but just chose RU because of Young and that was the deciding factor.

would be pretty shitty decision making, imo
go where you really want to be
Knight was recruiting him, not Winants Hall.

Reactions: Plum Street
I dunno.. Winant's Hall is a pretty sexy building...

s-l1600.jpg

This is a pivotal moment for Rutgers basketball. The potential to be in play for a national title is within reach. The other option is to remain as a team that is living on the NCAA bubble. If Knight is the reason Rutgers gets the top recruiting class in the country then pay the man.
It's really just a matter of keeping him through the 2024-2025 season and having the next lead recruiter on deck to take over. I know it doesn't seem like it but it's actually a positive to have successful assistants move on at a consistent rate.

Lol oh ok...love to see Brandon getting recognition and $..big part of recent success...hope he stays in Jersey....I'll just stop paying attention until we know who's actually on the team and who's coaching them... enjoy your summer
It’s Brandin. Brandon Knight is a former one and done Kentucky player and journeyman NBA player who is now playing overseas. No relation.

Understood, but I find it weird that a recruit bases his college decision on one assistant
And then would change to Auburn, lets say, because that assistant is not here

To me, it seems the priorities are out of whack, maybe he should have picked them if other things are better for him there

Brandin Knight raise and Kevin Ollie becomes an assistant here would be massive moves in the offseason, if true. The irony that Pike hired Karl Hobbs from Kevin Ollie's staff in 2016 and now maybe replace Hobbs on our staff. Can we get UConn on the schedule in the Gavitt Games? The story and game promotes itself.

I can't see Brandin Knight going anywhere until after 2024-25 season, both Ace and Dylan are projected top 10 picks in the 2025 NBA mock draft, and what happens in the next two seasons, 23-24 and 24-25, could put him on top of the list of any job he wants that year.

Last edited:
Understood, but I find it weird that a recruit bases his college decision on one assistant
And then would change to Auburn, lets say, because that assistant is not here

To me, it seems the priorities are out of whack, maybe he should have picked them if other things are better for him there
It’s not weird. That’s how this stuff works.
I know you get this

It’s not weird. That’s how this stuff works.
I know you get this
I would think the choosing of a college should have many factors that go into a decision, at least for a four year student who wants a degree
I guess it is way different for a one year rental who is never going to finish

I would think the choosing of a college should have many factors that go into a decision, at least for a four year student who wants a degree
I guess it is way different for a one year rental who is never going to finish
No one that is playing high level basketball is choosing a “college”. You think these kids want to see Scott hall!?
Cmon . Stop trolling man. This is semi pro hoops we are talking about

Reactions: MiloTalon13
No one that is playing high level basketball is choosing a “college”. You think these kids want to see Scott hall!?
Cmon . Stop trolling man. This is semi pro hoops we are talking about
Not trolling
Still adjusting to the new norm

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Wonder if hiring a coach focusing on bigs was part of the deal for Cliff to come back.

Whoever replaces Hobbs will have to get to work and try to get Ndongo back on board - assuming there’s still some window of opportunity to seal the deal.

This was always the norm.
the norm was not so much the money offers, now it is out in the open....sure, we suspect, or know that maybe Duke in bb
Alabama in fb, would get money to recruits....but it had to be hidden, and could not be off the walls as to gain attention

and you just know that with RU's luck, if we have two dimes to a recruit it would somehow find its way onto the front page of the star ledger

it is worse than before....we may have lost recruits late years ago, but it was usually a better program coming in late... now it is all money, money, money, out in the open

If "Knight" stays. Ace comes and has a one and done type of season.
Won't Knight's stock just elevate?
If RU can add another elite player to 2024 class.....
knight can almost write his ticket for a HC job at a good school.

If "Knight" stays. Ace comes and has a one and done type of season.
Won't Knight's stock just elevate?
If RU can add another elite player to 2024 class.....
knight can almost write his ticket for a HC job at a good school.
Well, UConn just won it all and Hurley is pushing 2 of his assistants for HC jobs. I don't know if they will get em this year. Kimani Young and Tom Moore.

the norm was not so much the money offers, now it is out in the open....sure, we suspect, or know that maybe Duke in bb
Alabama in fb, would get money to recruits....but it had to be hidden, and could not be off the walls as to gain attention

and you just know that with RU's luck, if we have two dimes to a recruit it would somehow find its way onto the front page of the star ledger

it is worse than before....we may have lost recruits late years ago, but it was usually a better program coming in late... now it is all money, money, money, out in the open
It was always a shady system.
Now it’s a different type of shady

If Brandon is smart he should take his time with his next job. Just like Shrewsbury. Instead of leaving a big 10 school and ending up like a baker dunleavey resigning from quinipiacc or all the other big time assistants that take low level jobs and never make it to the next one, get rutgers to the next level and take a big time job

i think ollie coming to rutgers is Lala land type stuff. not sure how motivated he would be to get after it and he hasnt coached in 5 years. Would he want to come back and be an assistant after being an NCAA champion and wrongfully fired. If he does this he would be the first since Jim Harrick to do it. Him and Jim Harrick would be the only two in 60+ years ....

Also does pikiell want a former NCAA champion on his staff?

Reactions: RUsojo
i think ollie coming to rutgers is Lala land type stuff. not sure how motivated he would be to get after it and he hasnt coached in 5 years. Would he want to come back and be an assistant after being an NCAA champion and wrongfully fired. If he does this he would be the first since Jim Harrick to do it. Him and Jim Harrick would be the only two in 60+ years ....

Also does pikiell want a former NCAA champion on his staff?

He was canned and then sued his former employer. The team regressed under his leadership each season. He is not currently turning down head coaching jobs in college so it looks like he may have to become an assistant if he wants back in the game.

He has been in the game — coaching and developing elite players who decided not to go to college. A couple of his kids are about to be in the NBA. And he just left that job and is currently interviewing

He has been in the game — coaching and developing elite players who decided not to go to college. A couple of his kids are about to be in the NBA. And he just left that job and is currently interviewing

I’m referring to Coaching at the P6 level. Coaching AAU is probably not how he’s sees his career finishing.

Reactions: Scangg
Ollie was not good his last two seasons at Uconn 16-17 and 14-18.
Dan Hurley: "I took that job and it was a disaster, man. I mean, like talent, the way these guys were moving on campus, academics, behavior. It was so far away from like, anything you could win with"
Pass on Ollie
To be fair this is what every incoming coach says. they all want to tell you how bad it was so they can set expectations. if they lose they have an excuse and if they win they are heros for the turn around

To be fair this is what every incoming coach says. they all want to tell you how bad it was so they can set expectations. if they lose they have an excuse and if they win they are heros for the turn around
Did Cooley say that about Georgetown? Pitino about St John's? Willard about Maryland? Holloway about SHU?

Reactions: Scangg
Isn't that quote from this March? I.e. he didn't say it when he took over, he's saying it now?

Did Cooley say that about Georgetown? Pitino about St John's? Willard about Maryland? Holloway about SHU?
Patrick Ewing's record speaks for the state of the program... sh*tty. Pitino pushed all but one player out of the program. Willard lived off of transfers this year. Holloway turned over the roster. They may not say it out loud, but their actions tell the same story as Hurley, "WTF..."

Isn't that quote from this March? I.e. he didn't say it when he took over, he's saying it now?
The quote is from March because that was the easiest to find. He's been saying stuff like that since he started at Uconn. I've even read stuff about players from the KO era staying away because Hurley was so negative about him.

Reactions: fluoxetine
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT