ADVERTISEMENT

Only 2.5

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Rutgers is only a 2.5 dog which is essentially a push. I would have thought 5. Bodes well in my opinion.

Reactions: LeapinLou
Agree when I think a spread is surprising, invariably Vegas is right and I'm wrong. Would love to steal this game but given Mulcahy's tenuous status, it will be tough.

We are bad away from home. Hopefully Paul is back to settle nerves.

The team can absolutely take this one in style with our depth. Just need to assert ourselves low first to get open early.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
We are bad away from home. Hopefully Paul is back to settle nerves.

The team can absolutely take this one in style with our depth. Just need to assert ourselves low first to get open early.
Is that off of 1 game?

How we have played over the past 10 years has zero to do with this specific team. We may end up being bad away from home, but it is too early to say what the 2022-23 team is.

Is that off of 1 game?

How we have played over the past 10 years has zero to do with this specific team. We may end up being bad away from home, but it is too early to say what the 2022-23 team is.
I broadly agree with you but to the extent our home/away difference is because of (a) the RAC and/or (b) the coach the bolded may not be true.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Since Pike took over,
17-51 0.250, road record in 6 years
1 win every 4 games

12-54 0.182, the 6 years prior(Rice 9-23 and Jordan 3-31)
2 wins(1win) every 11 games(5.5 games)

Since Pike took over,
17-51 0.250, road record in 6 years
1 win every 4 games

12-54 0.182, the 6 years prior(Rice 9-23 and Jordan 3-31)
2 wins(1win) every 11 games(5.5 games)
Rice and Jordan shouldn’t even be in ANY conversation.

Corey Sander and DeShawn Freeman aren’t on the team any more.

We were 4-6 in B1G road games last year. We beat OSU, wisc and IU all on the road.

I don’t have ANY evidence to suggest that the ‘22-‘23 team should expect to play any poorly on the road than the average team of their ability.

Reactions: gregkoko
I broadly agree with you but to the extent our home/away difference is because of (a) the RAC and/or (b) the coach the bolded may not be true.
That is a good arguement.

However given the past 3 years (1 that was all no crowd) is our home/road differential any different than “what it should be”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT