ADVERTISEMENT

OSU and Iowa parents demanding answers and change of BIG decision to not play Fall FB

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
answers and change of BIG decision to not play Fall FB.
One parent stated "We are different from Rutgers and Maryland".

Reactions: beaced
Of course they are different? They’re in Ohio and Iowa! What TF is that supposed to mean. If schools like State Penn, UM and OSU had had the balls to try what nebby wanted to do, then maybe warren would have thought differently. You CANNOT kick those schools out...

Reactions: shields and fsg2
Katrina Miller sounds like a pompous and stupid fool.

Certainly Coach Day wanted to play along with most of the Coaches in the B1G. That's what they're paid to do and love. Certainly AD Smith based on his BTN interview, wanted to delay the start of the season to late September in order to gather more data. However, how does she know what the OSU President decided and voted? Clearly the OSU medical experts agreed with 11 other schools medical experts when gauged about playing and its risks. Possibly the OSU President took the advice of the Medical Experts and Science.

Second, why single out Rutgers and Maryland other than her stupid ignorance? Rutgers and Maryland didn't drive this decision. The decision was made by a majority of the schools presidents. Why single out these 2 schools.

If she's angry and bitter, why not have her son pack up and leave OSU so he can play elsewhere? No biggie. Go play somewhere else and take your comments with you.

Last edited:

Imagine the complaints from parents and fans when the other P5 conferences start getting into their season playing games every week........... going to be interesting

Imagine the complaints from parents and fans when the other P5 conferences start getting into their season playing games every week........... going to be interesting
As I said all along...

If the others do end up playing this looks bad for the B1G.

But if the others don’t even start it makes the B1G look good.

We’ll see...

They just
Of course they are different? They’re in Ohio and Iowa! What TF is that supposed to mean. If schools like State Penn, UM and OSU had had the balls to try what nebby wanted to do, then maybe warren would have thought differently. You CANNOT kick those schools out...
All those schools had to do was vote to play. No reason for drama. They all voted to postpone the season. End of discussion. All these people, instead of acting like idiots and mouthing off to Heather Dinich, should be in communication with Kristina Johnson, OSU's new president.

As I said all along...

If the others do end up playing this looks bad for the B1G.

But if the others don’t even start it makes the B1G look good.

We’ll see...

Too simple.

If the others end up playing and kids start getting sick, teams start dropping out and/or season gets canceled later, they look terrible and B1G is the smart one.

Only way B1G looks bad is If all seasons play out fairly normally and smoothly.

based on what we have experienced globally how is it possible anyone can play without widespread COVID occurring?

I believe that this is the chalk pick where we are now with no CFB for anyone this Fall.

B1G could have waited longer to make the decision but it seems logical at this point to cancel the season.

Look at MLB. Most teams have played around 20 games this season. The St Louis Cardinals have played only 6 games due to Covid. And they have far better health security than CFB teams.

Reactions: czxqa
I don't think the B1G will look "bad' just overly cautious. There has been discussion about the effect on recruiting. It might possibly work to their advantage at least with mothers who want to send their boys to a conference that cares about the health and safety. Who knows?

Reactions: IL Lusciato
why is the so called "science" different for different conferences--this is the exact bs that goes on with this virus--be real, maybe half of the response to the virus is political or at the whims of those in power--so much is inconsistent even within the same state or city

why is the so called "science" different for different conferences--this is the exact bs that goes on with this virus--be real, maybe half of the response to the virus is political or at the whims of those in power--so much is inconsistent even within the same state or city
It’s pretty obvious. The more liberal the conference the more likely to cancel the season. Sacrificing for the greater good, now they only have to wait until Nov 3rd to see if it was worth it.

It’s pretty obvious. The more liberal the conference the more likely to cancel the season. Sacrificing for the greater good, now they only have to wait until Nov 3rd to see if it was worth it.

More liberal conferences? Arent the university presidents in all conferences like minded on this issue?

If the AD’s were making the decision then we would likely have Fall CFB. But university presidents are more risk averse, and generally will follow the lead of their peers who have already cancelled the Fall FB season.

I expect other conferences to follow the B1G and PAC-12 soon. But who knows?

This thing has been here since early march.. would be 6 months to the start of the season... we really do not KNOW ENOUGH about this virus.

There is reason to be overly cautious and there is reason to avoid being overly cautious.

Everyone cannot be pleased by any decision. People on both sides should stop pretending that they have the right answer NOW. They are all still GUESSING.

Maybe a year or two from now we can look back and point to people who guessed correctly.

More liberal conferences? Arent the university presidents in all conferences like minded on this issue?

If the AD’s were making the decision then we would likely have Fall CFB. But university presidents are more risk averse, and generally will follow the lead of their peers who have already cancelled the Fall FB season.

I expect other conferences to follow the B1G and PAC-12 soon. But who knows?
I doesn’t appear that they are like minded. I guess I could be wrong, but I would imagine the college presidents in the PAC12 and B1G are quite a bit more liberal that those in the ACC, SEC and BIG 12. I’m hoping for the best with the other conferences.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
All of this reminds me of our Country in general. We find out in January or so, don't do a damn thing until March. Very similar to NCAAF in that they have known for months and still trying to play even though we have seen entire team quarantine as the MLB outbreaks. Country- NY/NJ/CT go into heavy isolation, shutdown much like The B1G has but like our Country, while the North East shutdown, the rest of the country figured they could go on like there was nothing wrong...much like ACC/SEC in college football. So, let's say they play- do those teams follow suit of what happened in the Country where NY/NJ/CT are now the most COVID free while the states that ignored it for so long are in serious trouble?

F-it...forget football for now. Figure out what to do either in the spring or for the students missing the year. Why take the chance? We just don't seem to ever learn.

I’ve spoken to some HS people and they said entire football teams are looking to learn virtual so that they won’t be exposed(in school) to potential breakouts.

I’ve spoken to some HS people and they said entire football teams are looking to learn virtual so that they won’t be exposed(in school) to potential breakouts.

Interesting because I was told yesterday that if you go to Bergen Catholic and select the virtual learning option you won't be allowed to participate in sports. Can't confirm if that's 100% accurate though.

I don't get the criticism of Commissioner Warren. First off he is facing a very difficult situation in his first year without the benefit of a few years on the job to cement relationships with Presidents and ADs and establish himself nationally. What was he supposed to do when the schools voted 12 to 2 to not play. Overrule them? So he couldn't keep a couple coaches in line. Come on

Interesting because I was told yesterday that if you go to Bergen Catholic and select the virtual learning option you won't be allowed to participate in sports. Can't confirm if that's 100% accurate though.
These are public school coaches. I could see parochial schools having that rule. They want kids in the building.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
If the others start playing, it will look much worse for them when the inevitable outbreaks force them to stop.
I agree, like I said before, by week 4 you'll have the 2nd string Oline blocking for the 3rd string RB. Colleges are opening and the parties are starting. No way in hell do some of these players not contract it and spread it amongst teammates. It'll turn into a survival of the fittest contest.

Reactions: Knightmoves
All of this reminds me of our Country in general. We find out in January or so, don't do a damn thing until March. Very similar to NCAAF in that they have known for months and still trying to play even though we have seen entire team quarantine as the MLB outbreaks. Country- NY/NJ/CT go into heavy isolation, shutdown much like The B1G has but like our Country, while the North East shutdown, the rest of the country figured they could go on like there was nothing wrong...much like ACC/SEC in college football. So, let's say they play- do those teams follow suit of what happened in the Country where NY/NJ/CT are now the most COVID free while the states that ignored it for so long are in serious trouble?

F-it...forget football for now. Figure out what to do either in the spring or for the students missing the year. Why take the chance? We just don't seem to ever learn.
Just so you know, other states did lock down like NJ and NY from March until June, very few people left their houses for months, then they slowly started to reopen. Florida for example had almost no cases until June, then the NYers started showing up and Florida finally got the virus. If you compare Florida to NJ and NY, you are 6 times more likely to die in NJ / NY if you get tested positive.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Just so you know, other states did lock down like NJ and NY from March until June, very few people left their houses for months, then they slowly started to reopen. Florida for example had almost no cases until June, then the NYers started showing up and Florida finally got the virus. If you compare Florida to NJ and NY, you are 6 times more likely to die in NJ / NY if you get tested positive.
where did you hear that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg2020
i think it's smarter council.

Reactions: fsg2

This didn't magically get true since the last time you said it. It's still nonsense. Most of the rest of the country shut down hard.
Half the board has explained to you.

Reactions: RU2131

This didn't magically get true since the last time you said it. It's still nonsense. Most of the rest of the country shut down hard.
Half the board has explained to you.

not true at all. Part of the reason my sons came back here from Florida.
Early April, my Daughter In Law was working at Publix Pharmacy at the register. She has immunization issues and wanted to wear a mask and gloves. They actually forbade employees from wearing them as they would panic customers.
I actually reached out to their VP of HR and CEO who responded and shortly after, installed plexiglass and allowed masks.
that is far from a hard shutdown.
my buddy in NC was still going to his chiropractor and massage in April.
a co worker in Denver was bragging in May that he had not worn a mask in public yet and had been shopping every week.
Co workers in Arizona had masks but still had indoor dining and the masks were not mandatory

yep, sounds just like NY/NJ

Georgia- we all know how serious they took it.

not true at all. Part of the reason my sons came back here from Florida.
Early April, my Daughter In Law was working at Publix Pharmacy at the register. She has immunization issues and wanted to wear a mask and gloves. They actually forbade employees from wearing them as they would panic customers.
I actually reached out to their VP of HR and CEO who responded and shortly after, installed plexiglass and allowed masks.
that is far from a hard shutdown.
my buddy in NC was still going to his chiropractor and massage in April.
a co worker in Denver was bragging in May that he had not worn a mask in public yet and had been shopping every week.
Co workers in Arizona had masks but still had indoor dining and the masks were not mandatory

yep, sounds just like NY/NJ

Georgia- we all know how serious they took it.

Yes, we've heard those anecdotes and they don't equate to those places doing nothing, let alone the entire country. I'm in the same region as your co-workers and life changed pretty drastically overnight on March 12/13. We most definitely did not "go on like there was nothing wrong." It's both false and insulting to keep repeating that.

Reactions: CJ1987 and RU2131
I don't get the criticism of Commissioner Warren. First off he is facing a very difficult situation in his first year without the benefit of a few years on the job to cement relationships with Presidents and ADs and establish himself nationally. What was he supposed to do when the schools voted 12 to 2 to not play. Overrule them? So he couldn't keep a couple coaches in line. Come on

The guy’s been an unmitigated disaster. Nebraska talking about joining the B12, OSU, PSU and Michigan not happy. Stakeholders like idk, players weren’t included. This bum wants to use the Big 10 as a steppingstone to replace Goodell when he retires.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
I agree, like I said before, by week 4 you'll have the 2nd string Oline blocking for the 3rd string RB. Colleges are opening and the parties are starting. No way in hell do some of these players not contract it and spread it amongst teammates. It'll turn into a survival of the fittest contest.
Or none of them get sick like 99.9 of the population.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT