ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-23 NHL thread….Devils & Rangers & Islanders

It’s a bit of a shock to the Devils playing against a modern forecheck and breakout system.
Gallant 1990 Redwings system put you guys to sleep

Reactions: jmc11201
We will know more after Game 3, but this could be Carolina’s year. Brind’Amour’s kid won the Frozen Four this year and now the dad is on a run. Carolina looks good. Panthers just keep rolling. Hoping the Oilers can get on a roll. Would love to see them in the finals.

Thank God!
Two 100 point seasons and some of the best players in the world and he still needed his goalie to be the best player on his team every night.
1990 Redwings antiquated out dated system and worst tactical coach in the game.
He's the NHL equivalent of a Schiano offense the past few years. Run, run, pass (incomplete), punt.

Thank God!
Two 100 point seasons and some of the best players in the world and he still needed his goalie to be the best player on his team every night.
1990 Redwings antiquated out dated system and worst tactical coach in the game.
A lot of smoke that they will be trying to get Quenneville reinstated and hired, which is disgusting.

Don’t want an old guy either
The old guy part would be annoying.

It’s the “old guy who didn’t act when one of his coaches sexually assaulted a player because they were in the middle of a Cup run, then was part of covering up what the coach did so that he was able to move on and get jobs as a high school coach and victimize more people” that is disgusting.

Fortunately, some reports came out late last night that the Rangers may have come to their senses and dropped him from consideration.

Reactions: robcac26 and zappaa
The old guy part would be annoying.

It’s the “old guy who didn’t act when one of his coaches sexually assaulted a player because they were in the middle of a Cup run, then was part of covering up what the coach did so that he was able to move on and get jobs as a high school coach and victimize more people” that is disgusting.

Fortunately, some reports came out late last night that the Rangers may have come to their senses and dropped him from consideration.
That plus he’s old

Saw an article (Colhockeynow) that linked Patrick Roy as a candidate.

No idea who the writer is, so really don't know if it's a thing, but it's good for fodder. LOL.

It's been a weird playoffs. So many blow out wins. Panther games seem to be the only ones consistently close. Hoping to see the games get tighter the rest of the way. When there is only 1 game that day and a blowout, it becomes nap time.

Conner Bedard is going out West (Chicago).

Thank ****ing god.
I wanted Bedard to end up in the West, but it really sucks that Chicago got him after we found out how they sold their soul during their previous Cup runs.

Another failure by the league in how they handled that whole mess.

Two more blow outs last night. Panthers-Leafs tonight so hopefully that is a close game. Leafs with their season on the line. I expect the Oilers to hold serve tonight.

When you have a choice between big and fast verses small and fast, always go with the size. Vanacek proved he is a nice regular season goalie only.

You can't win in the playoffs when your best players are passengers, watching the game and your goaltender is letting in high school level shots. Not to mention Lindy not pulling Vanacek at 3-1, instead of 5-1.

Too small, too finesse! Now we will be 0-3.

When you have a choice between big and fast verses small and fast, always go with the size. Vanacek proved he is a nice regular season goalie only.

You can't win in the playoffs when your best players are passengers, watching the game and your goaltender is letting in high school level shots. Not to mention Lindy not pulling Vanacek at 3-1, instead of 5-1.

True. I got concerned for Jack Hughes last night. He took a few pretty hard hits. Not sure how he can stay healthy unless he bulks up.

The thing is, teams don’t always have a choice because the big AND fast guys are in short supply.

Definitely makes one wonder WTF Calgary was thinking in trading away Tkachuk though.

Vitek wasnt even that good in regular season. He was bottom 5 in goals saved above expected amongst all starters.

Devils have scored 2 goals or less in 7 of 11 playoffs games. Theyre an interesting team in how theyre structured. Very small finesse team, got past the rangers because the rangers didnt have someone behind the bench with a brain but theyre getting wrecked by a carolina team without 3 of its best players because theyre simply just playing a good structure.

Devils have to fix goalie and they need nico to not be such a soft pvssy and jack needs to live in the weight room

Reactions: TM94goRU
The thing is, teams don’t always have a choice because the big AND fast guys are in short supply.

Definitely makes one wonder WTF Calgary was thinking in trading away Tkachuk though.
He told them he wasnt resigning long term. So they believed that getting assets was the best route.

Apparently rangers had a deal on the table for him for panarin but panarin wouldnt waive his nmc

Vitek wasnt even that good in regular season. He was bottom 5 in goals saved above expected amongst all starters.

Devils have scored 2 goals or less in 7 of 11 playoffs games. Theyre an interesting team in how theyre structured. Very small finesse team, got past the rangers because the rangers didnt have someone behind the bench with a brain but theyre getting wrecked by a carolina team without 3 of its best players because theyre simply just playing a good structure.

Devils have to fix goalie and they need nico to not be such a soft pvssy and jack needs to live in the weight room
Two players out

Max only played a few games in October

He told them he wasnt resigning long term. So they believed that getting assets was the best route.

Apparently rangers had a deal on the table for him for panarin but panarin wouldnt waive his nmc
Instead of trading Matthew, Calgary would have been smarter to do whatever it took to acquire Brady (who is rumored to be on the block off and on) to keep him happy and get him to sign another deal.

I can’t imagine the Rangers could have believed there are any circumstances that would get Panarin to agree to go to Calgary. Even most Canadians don’t like being there.

True. However you have to stay with it. This includes the delay with power forwards finding their game.

The hidden reason the Devils sucked for so long. Lou went totally small skill and whiffed with the Jacob Josefson's of the world ( M. Teneby ) I find it funny, I said the Devils needed to get bigger and stronger for the playoffs, on pages 16 and 17 of this thread, while calling them a good regular season team. The same guys that negatively quoted me are now implying the same thing.
Oh and a no show in Game 1, as well as nothing resembling their A or B game this series after taking care of big brother. Gee something else I pointed out first. The Devils are suffering from younger brother syndrome. Beat big brother, get too happy and full of yourself.

Calgary has been mismanaged. They even talked about trading Weegar's, before over evaluating their players and doing nothing, because no one would pay their prices.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

True, but when Keith Kincaid seemed alright for awhile, Vanacek took advantage of the low bar.

Look size and strength matter A lot still in the playoffs. Just look at how the small or finesse players like Johnny Gaudreau or Max Pacioretty ( with Montreal) struggle in the playoffs.

Hope springs eternal, and I was hoping Timo and Lazar would be enough. Well sadly for me, my first instincts were correct.

Instead of trading Matthew, Calgary would have been smarter to do whatever it took to acquire Brady (who is rumored to be on the block off and on) to keep him happy and get him to sign another deal.

I can’t imagine the Rangers could have believed there are any circumstances that would get Panarin to agree to go to Calgary. Even most Canadians don’t like being there.
Id trade the world for brady. I dont see him leaving ottowa before his deal is up though. They have a pretty good future but yeah, ottowa sucks as a place to live.

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT