Reactions: Scarlet1984
3 comments:

- Jets not yet ready for prime time.

- Zach needs to up his game and we need playmakers to help him

- John Franklin Myers: idiotic penalty probably cost us the game
It did cost the game. There was no way NE could have recovered from that one

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
It was a major mistake, but other plays were as big of a factor in the outcome. NE's opening TD drive of the second half. It was a clear pick play/offensive PI by the TE on the 4th and 1 play at the Jets' 3-yard line. The TE start blocking Sauce downfield before the ball was thrown. Another was the personal foul by the Jets when QB Jones was running for the down. He never gave himself up. Jones tried to change directions to pick up more yards. Last, Devin's INT wasn't an INT as his left leg/foot was on the sideline stripe when he caught the ball.

It was a major mistake, but other plays were as big of a factor in the outcome. NE's opening TD drive of the second half. It was a clear pick play/offensive PI by the TE on the 4th and 1 play at the Jets' 3-yard line. The TE start blocking Sauce downfield before the ball was thrown. Another was the personal foul by the Jets when QB Jones was running for the down. He never gave himself up. Jones tried to change directions to pick up more yards. Last, Devin's INT wasn't an INT as his left leg/foot was on the sideline stripe when he caught the ball.
I missed the first drive of 2nd half. If that was what happened then it 100% goes hand in hand.
I was going to mention the QB run as well. It’s funny, real time, I knew a flag was coming. On replay- 100%, what is the defender to do- QB was trying for that extra yard to get the first down.

I thought it was a bad call. JFM put 2 hands on his back with a slight push. Five years ago that would not have been called. It did change the whole trajectory of the game. Even with that opening 2nd half TD drive, the Jets would have been up a TD in a defensive game. Once they fell behind Zach started pressing to make plays , they should have been more stubborn with the run game/ short quick throws in the 2nd half.

I thought it was a bad call. JFM put 2 hands on his back with a slight push. Five years ago that would not have been called. It did change the whole trajectory of the game. Even with that opening 2nd half TD drive, the Jets would have been up a TD in a defensive game. Once they fell behind Zach started pressing to make plays , they should have been more stubborn with the run game/ short quick throws in the 2nd half.
The penalty was called because they felt he "launched" at the QB, not because it was late. It was very iffy...

does anyone know if Marv Levy is being honored at Jets/Bulls game today at MetLife. Like if there going to have him on the field or maybe something at halftime?

The SkyCam broke, one of the wires snapped. The game was delayed about 10 minutes while they reeled in the wires. Never saw that happen before.

The Jets go as far as Wilson, and that doesn't look far. If the Jets even had a game manager at QB, they would be sitting alone in first place. Also, Saleh put too much trust in an inexperienced OC. That's a bad combination of a young QB and an inexperienced OC. They are wasting another great defensive performance.

The Jets go as far as Wilson, and that doesn't look far. If the Jets even had a game manager at QB, they would be sitting alone in first place. Also, Saleh put too much trust in an inexperienced OC. That's a bad combination of a young QB and an inexperienced OC. They are wasting another great defensive performance.
The OC is the brother of Saleh's BFF, so there's that.

If there's a tougher way to lose a game,I haven't seen it since the Giants playoff lose in OT when the Rams receiver Flipper Anderson caught a bomb and kept running up the tunnel and into the locker room, lol.

Last edited:
Jets had 6 first downs and 103 yards total offense yesterday. They were never going to get into the end zone on offense.

The play that cost them in the 1st half was the strip of the pass reception to the Pats receiver by Sauce Gardner that ended up on the NE 1 yard line. It was ruled an incomplete pass and was a terrible call.

So does Saleh sit the kid?

Game not in market where I live so I could only listen/watch highlights. 77 yards passing for an NFL qb is horrible especially with the weapons at his disposal. Can’t imagine the play calling is really that bad.

Personally I think Wilson starts but the leash will be short.

I thought going into the game the Jets needed to find a way to run the ball for 130+ yds and thought it would be tough. Wilson played poorly as he always does against NE, their defense really gives him problems. Then he really hurt himself after the game answering press questions. If Saleh thinks the team has turned on the QB he is going to and should bench him. It’s a shame, the kid has a lot of physical talent but is not seeing the field and not making the right reads, The Jets defense is near championship level already and there is a lot of youth out there.

I’m not ready to give up on Wilson. I also think Wilson is a gunslinger type of qb and the jets offense should be catered to him that way.
Without Hall at RB, Jets need to open up passing game.
I also think the Jets receiving corps are vastly overrated making it more difficult for Wilson. He has no alpha or above average receiver to rely on.
I’d start Wilson against Bears but if he doesn’t produce by 2nd quarter then it’s time for Mike White who I have always liked.

I’m not ready to give up on Wilson. I also think Wilson is a gunslinger type of qb and the jets offense should be catered to him that way.
Without Hall at RB, Jets need to open up passing game.
I also think the Jets receiving corps are vastly overrated making it more difficult for Wilson. He has no alpha or above average receiver to rely on.
I’d start Wilson against Bears but if he doesn’t produce by 2nd quarter then it’s time for Mike White who I have always liked.
I don’t think they should give up on Wilson, he has only started 20 games. At this point I’m up in the air on what they should do, as I said they have to understand where the team and the team leaders are with him. I can see leaving him in and just letting him go and play. If he becomes a turnover machine and they are losing coming down the stretch, they will know they need to move on. If his play improves, there is hope going forward.

Zack Wilson needs to sit, or, better yet, the Jets find another QB. Wilson threw his teammates under the bus. First, he said the receivers were running the wrong routes. For one game, that might be possible, but for several games, no, as Wilson's play has sucked for that long. I find it hard to believe because coaches would have corrected the problem with the receivers. Second, Wilson went on to say he did not let the defense down. He indicated that others were more responsible for the failure to win.

98.7 ESPN played a sound bite from a few years ago where Keyshawn Johnson talked about Wilson. Key said Wilson was best at off-schedule plays and not consistent with routine passing plays. Key said Justin Fields was a better QB and didn't understand why Fields wasn't selected. Key also said Wilson was seen as the team's leader, according to the media, yet his teammates never voted him team captain. That's a telling sign of how others view Wilson. I think Wilson needs to grow up and take responsibility for some of the recent events hurting the Jets.

Wilson looks like a high school kid
Imagine Jets defense if they took Micah Parsons instead

I don’t think they should give up on Wilson, he has only started 20 games. At this point I’m up in the air on what they should do, as I said they have to understand where the team and the team leaders are with him. I can see leaving him in and just letting him go and play. If he becomes a turnover machine and they are losing coming down the stretch, they will know they need to move on. If his play improves, there is hope going forward.
I, too, think it's too early to give up, but if you have a chance to make noise in the playoffs, you have to strike while the iron is hot. You may never have a defense playing at this level again, and the opponents playing at a level for you take advantage of the opportunity.

Several former Jets players said Wilson could continue as the top QB, but why move White to the backup position over Flacco? The Jets did say they want to see what they have in White. Against New England would have been a good opportunity with Wilson struggling all game. White could have come in during the 3rd quarter to jump-start the offense and change how NE was attacking the Jets. Wilson could return to the top position later that game or the next game with less pressure on him. This was stated by two different former Jets.

I know everyone matures at a different pace, but I think Wilson was only a one year starter in college where as guys like Fields, and Lawrence were multiple year starters who had to play through rough spots. As a result, you can see the game slowing down for them already.

I was counting on Wilson taking a major step forward this year as I think he has moxie. That arrogance would be counted wrong if they were winning. He needs to just go sling it - and I think the difference with him and Fields is the Bears coaches decided to take off the reigns entirely so he could be an athlete and make plays. Don’t think the Jets have that confidence in Zach.

Wow. He's not just benched, he's inactive. Looks like he is being sent a message.
Saleh indicated that Wilson needs a “Reset“ and expects him to be back sometime this season. That sounds like we won’t see him anytime soon.

Zack Wilson seems to be the second coming of Matt Harvey. Wilson loves the NY scene more than his job.

ADVERTISEMENT