Favorite Jets Uniform?

• 1) White Helmet Super Bowl III Style

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • 2) Green Helmet 80's Sack Exchange Look

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 3) Something Else

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
This Smith signing gets even better. Only $6.5 million is salary, and the rest is bonus incentives he can only hit by staying healthy. Rumor is that even the Jets were surprised he took the deal as it was structured, because he could have made more guaranteed money on the open market if he wanted to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Still need to draft an OL. Maybe in the second round instead of the first, but getting to OL right is the entire season.
They don’t have a 2nd rd pick. They have signed a RT, LT, and G in free agency. Not locked into an OL, but Smith is a 1 year deal so might not be terrible to get an OL at 10. Usually those high 1st round OL picks start out of the gate and sometimes take time to adjust.

They have an opportunity to go Brock Bowers or Rome Odunze if they want. I’m good either way

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Still need to draft an OL. Maybe in the second round instead of the first, but getting the OL fixed is the entire season.
The difference now is they do not have to draft someone to start LT game 1.

It puts in play even trading back and going after a Mims, Fautanu or even the top IOL Powers-Johnson from Oregon.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Gonna be a fun offseason for the Jets:

Apparently, the Jets offensive line is so bad that Aaron Rodgers would rather stand behind a Kennedy. 👀 😇

Last edited:
After seeing how little the Bears got for Justin Fields, what would the Jets accept for Zach Wilson?

Jets think that having Aaron Rodger’s as QB the fans are happy and they will fill the stadium with a barely playoff chance.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
No way they should do that. Someone will come looking thinking they can fix him.

Who? I haven't read anything about anyone wanting Wilson. But the point remains - the Jets desperately need a longer-term solution than Rodgers can provide. Justin Fields would be an enormous improvement over anything they have right now.

As for Rodgers, his career is basically over. I can't see a 40 YO coming off achilles surgery making a positive impact. I mean he didn't want to get hit when still with the Packers. It's time to move on. If he can provide a few serviceable games, great. That's the upside.

Last edited:
They don’t have a 2nd rd pick. They have signed a RT, LT, and G in free agency. Not locked into an OL, but Smith is a 1 year deal so might not be terrible to get an OL at 10. Usually those high 1st round OL picks start out of the gate and sometimes take time to adjust.

They have an opportunity to go Brock Bowers or Rome Odunze if they want. I’m good either way
You can find a goodbye
Looks like the #2 receiver spot's been filled.

You can thank a smart NNJ guy with his Taylor Ham, egg and cheese

Reactions: colbert17
I just can’t understand the growing sentiment that the Jets should skip OL in the first round (in a strong OT draft class) because they are “all in” for this year.

How are they all in for this year when there is an overwhelming probability that they will miss a significant number of games from their OL starters due to injury?

Give me the Joe Namath era uniforms. Classics !

Parcells brought them back for a bit.
The design was similar but the color was different. The Namath era uniforms were a bright kelly green. The later uniforms were much darker.

The Jets new uniforms are a throw back to the Sack Exchange era. Personally I don't like em at all, not then or now. I think the Joe Namath/Curtis Martin style uni's are iconic and look fantastic, but the org keeps going back to some version of the all green helmet. What do folks think, what"s your favorite?

I like the new unis better than current, but the classic uniform with Kelly green and white helmets are my favorite by far.

Actually, I think they did pretty good. I believe the Bears got a 6th rounder from Pittsburgh for Justin Fields - who is more highly regarded in the NFL. It’s a good move for Wilson, he is close to home and will be coached by one of the best QB coaches in the NFL. Maybe he will develop into a good QB one day.

My hope is that they are able to trade down several spots and recoup a 2nd rd draft pick. They would still be in a position to probably draft one of the top OTs. That probably won’t happen and many think they will take either the TE Bowers or one of the OTs with the #10 pick.

My hope is that they are able to trade down several spots and recoup a 2nd rd draft pick. They would still be in a position to probably draft one of the top OTs. That probably won’t happen and many think they will take either the TE Bowers or one of the OTs with the #10 pick.
Way too much talk of the Jets going WR at 10 or even trading up a little, considering there will be real good WRs available all night on Friday.

Trading down is IMO only possible if one of the top four QB's is available at 10, which is highly unlikely.

Unless one of the top three WR's is still available, I think it's a lock that they will take Bowers. Long term, they'd probably be better off with an elite OT. But I doubt that anyone in the Jet organization is thinking long term. Least of all their President of Football Operations, who is also their QB, who is also their Chief Medical Officer.

(Just kidding about the Chief Medical Officer part.)

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
Way too much talk of the Jets going WR at 10 or even trading up a little, considering there will be real good WRs available all night on Friday.
Yeah, based on the info out there I don’t think one of those 3 top WRs will be available and i don’t think they have draft picks to move up. I don’t think that would be a good move.

Yeah, based on the info out there I don’t think one of those 3 top WRs will be available and i don’t think they have draft picks to move up. I don’t think that would be a good move.
I agree that trading up would be unwise, but it could happen. This organization is solely focused on right now.

I agree that trading up would be unwise, but it could happen. This organization is solely focused on right now.
I get the idea of acquiring more weapons, I just don’t get the obsession with getting one of the top three WRs.

This isn’t a situation like Arizona or the Giants where they desperately need a WR1. The Jets already have Wilson and there are lot of guys available in rounds 2-4 of this draft who can be very good WR2s or WR3s.

Reactions: RAS61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT