ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Sometimes your pitcher has an off night and so your offense needs to cover them. Pick up the slack. Win like a 6-5 game.
Well they're not. Give up a few runs and you're toast. The case maybe even if you give up a couple.

Lindor and Vientos were carrying the offense for the most part. They have cooled down some. We need others to step up.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
When they had a four game win streak. They made it five. Then six. Then seven. Then eight. Then nine.

I think they've dealt with prosperity pretty well recently.
Yes, but I think he was joking.

The very practical reason for this is that they've stopped hitting. The Mets--and frankly the Padres and D-Backs too--have been very hot or cold this year.

So listening to WFAN today, Howie Rose was a guest. He told the story of Piazza HR in the bottom of the 8th that first game back after 9/11. He talked about a sense of fear that this was the first gathering of a large crowd anywhere in the country since the attack. MSG executives talked to both Howie and Fran Healy who were doing the game and were told to play this very low key as there'll be plenty of very sensitive fans that lost loved ones in the towers. They said make sure you don't use common baseball language describing action such as the HR was a Bomb or they have exploded on this pitcher and stuff like that. Howie said when Piazza hit the HR he knew it was a bomb but low keyed it saying"it has a chance". Healy who hated MSG executives winked at Howie his good friend as to let him know to stay of of it and this clip cuts off before you hear Healy describe that the stadium has "exploded" after Mike hit a "bomb" of a HR. A game I don't think any baseball fan will ever forget.

Yes. I hate to say this, but I dislike when he is at the plate, and I feel like just marking down another K, as opposed to Lindor, who you kind of think is going to do something great.
Yesterday runner on 3rd , two out. Alonso up. I muttered “no chance”. He K’d

• Sad
Reactions: Knight Shift
It's like right now the script is written before the game even starts. Not watching the game because of work but following online periodically. And what I can see is that not only are they not scoring anything but thru 5 innings they don't even have a single hit. I'm pretty confident that even with the off game from Peterson yesterday, that game after game you are going to get a quality effort from the pitcher. But I simply do not trust this offense as a collective in that same way.

Today's opposing pitcher Bowden Francis has been LIGHTS OUT since August started. In the seven starts before today, he'd given up 8 runs (seven earned) over 40.1 IP for an ERA of 1.79, Over that span, he gave up 16 hits and only four walks with 45 Ks. Tough matchup for sure.

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Another rough day to be LindorkPhil
Obsessed Stalker - you are so f’d up in your head that after a potentially season saving amazing win - I’m the first thing you think of and have to post for all 10 people to read? Lol

Oh lord !

Whatever problems you have - get a life / see a shrink / buy yourself a blowup doll !

Yes, but I think he was joking.

The very practical reason for this is that they've stopped hitting. The Mets--and frankly the Padres and D-Backs too--have been very hot or cold this year.
Exactly! It was a joke ! Should have included the 😂 moji.

Wish I could have watched game on tv and hear Gary Cohen as that was an amazing win as Casey Stengel would say !

Or listen to Joe Beningo / Evan Roberts / Howie Rose somehow going nuts on the radio!

Hopefully the Braves get despondent tonight and consider us a team of destiny this year and lose to a motivated Nats team tonight who were embarrassed 12-0 last night 🤞

Getting no hit could have sent us into a tailspin going into Philadelphia. But to come off the mat and win a game like that might now be the opposite. A nice boost.
Joe Beningo was just talking about this during his Monday Jets spot with Evan and Tiki.

Mets looking awful at the plate through 5 innings, then coming alive late in games to earn W's.

Noted that, like today, the pitching, both the bullpen, but especially the starting pitching have been very good.

Just name Lindor captain already.
Let's start with MVP. He plays every game in the premier position in baseball. A full time DH has NEVER won the MVP and with good reason. It's hard to be the most valuable player when you don't even need to bring a glove to the stadium, just saying.Now if he was pitching every 5 days and putting up #1 starter numbers then it's clearly a different story.

Let's start with MVP. He plays every game in the premier position in baseball. A full time DH has NEVER won the MVP and with good reason. It's hard to be the most valuable player when you don't even need to bring a glove to the stadium, just saying.Now if he was pitching every 5 days and putting up #1 starter numbers then it's clearly a different story.
I was his biggest critic earlier in the season but I’ll gladly eat crow 🐦‍⬛. If the season ended today, he deserves the MVP for the reasons you mention. In Lindor’s case, his glove is as exceptional as his bat and he plays the most critical position on the field. However, I also think they need to make the post season or there will be an excuse not to give it to him.

Yet what he talked about just 2 days ago, played out today.
And my original point stands. Guy said he couldn't stand Stearns like 2 weeks into the season because he didn't pay Alonso a super big deal. Season was over a month into the season according to him. I could go on and on and on and on about how wrong and obnoxious he is bro.

The team has been getting off the mat all year.

Lindor vs Ohtani - O is the better hitter. O is the better pitcher. O is not the most valuable player.
Offensive player of the year- Ohtani for sure. But, he is playing 1/2 a game.
Lindor- has an entire team on his back. Defense, offense, clutch, leadership

Ohtani is going to win it in a landslide but that sux.

As for just being a Met's fan- you all know that I was behind the guy from day 1. @FrankZ I know you are waiting to see him in the playoffs. That is fair enough. But, dude is earning every bit of his paycheck

And thar was with Fried pitching. So he won't throw against the Dodgers this weekend. Sale will however. I'm hoping we can at least split the 4 in Philly.
Believe it’s 3 games in Philly this weekend. Following weekend at citifield - we have 4 game series vs Philly

Reactions: FrankZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT