ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Mets are signing Jackie Bradley Jr. per reports

Minor League contract

Oh man this sucks. No clue on severity yet but generally we know where this leads.

Better score here
Just terrible base running

Second time in 3 games base loaded NO OUT only run coming on a HBP 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

Last edited:
FU and my base running I’ll just go deep !!

Squirrel Come At Me Bro GIF

Just end the inning after Mets load the bases

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Lindor needs to get Bader over there. Awful. Then Bader picked off. Can’t wait for this bullpen mess bottom 9

Okay. Now all we need is for Jake Diekman to punch way above his weight and get thru Soto and Judge after probably walking Grisham to lead off. What could go wrong?

Waaaay too many horrible at bats with horrible half swings the last several games

Lindor tried to hit the ball to queens and lost his grip on the bat twice

No love for Mendoza and his decision to pitch to Judge?

If it doesn't work, I guaran-damn-tee there would be at least three posts calling for Mendoza's scalp. You know who you are.🙂
I'll give him his props for sure. He had the guts of a burglar. And hopefully this gives Diekman a nice boost of confidence.

Holy Moly! Still can’t believe how we won in bottom of 9th with diekman pitching and pitching to Judge no less !

If Stearns can get an outfielder and a solid arm for the bullpen- I ll take my chances for the wild card !

Need Nimmo and Alvarez and JD to get going !

Reactions: gmay8
FU and my base running I’ll just go deep !!

Squirrel Come At Me Bro GIF
Blevins (who IMO is soooo much better than Zeile) opined that McNeil seems to have finally unlearned the "beat the shift" habits that served him so well in 2022. He is no longer trying to guide the ball. Just trust his bat-to-ball skills, hit it hard wherever it's pitched, and let the results take care of themselves.

Over the last month he has the highest hard-hit rate on the team.

Reactions: LeapinLou
Blevins (who IMO is soooo much better than Zeile) opined that McNeil seems to have finally unlearned the "beat the shift" habits that served him so well in 2022. He is no longer trying to guide the ball. Just trust his bat-to-ball skills, hit it hard wherever it's pitched, and let the results take care of themselves.

Over the last month he has the highest hard-hit rate on the team.
In his post-game interview, McNeil pretty much affirmed the above.

Another post-game note which I failed to mention: Mendoza was asked if they were still committed to the six man rotation, given Scott's injury. He said yes and said that someone would have to step up. I guess probably Megill, possibly Lucchesi. I doubt they move Butto out of his current role.

Six man rotation sucks. Having an "ace" who needs to be in a six man rotation is not sustainable long term. Maybe next year Senga will adapt. But for now, looks like we are where we are.

Reactions: Knight Shift
How was a team with just 2 hitters and a middle of the road closer be the 1st MLB team to 50 wins this season? I would take 7 of 9 everyday Mets players over Yankee players as most, even some Yankees fans would. Mets need way less than the Yankees do at the deadline.

Reactions: RUfromNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT