ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

If you mean from the HR Derby, I agree with '78. Irrelevant.
Pete is losing money as he is on pace for his worst year ever. Pretty simple and yet- may be good for us to save $5 mil a year on his contract. I still want him here for his career and can't believe so many fans do not

Pete is losing money as he is on pace for his worst year ever. Pretty simple and yet- may be good for us to save $5 mil a year on his contract. I still want him here for his career and can't believe so many fans do not
Let's see how the rest of the season goes before deciding that he's lost money on a new contract. But, if he does, the HR derby will have had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: rubaseball78
Let's see how the rest of the season goes before deciding that he's lost money on a new contract. But, if he does, the HR derby will have had nothing to do with it.
you realize I said the HR derby has nothing to do with it. It is his sub year. Yes, he can go on a run but even with a Judge paced run, he can maybe get up to his normal. If he has a 40+ 110+ year- no money lost and he becomes highest paid 1B...Under 40 and under 110- he gets good money but will not be the highest paid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT