ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Sucks when padres and d - backs rarely lose.

Means we have to beat out Braves.

How long does scoreless streak extend tonight ?

Reactions: shields
Can we get a run before we leave Seattle?
6165e4e2d8d45de25a2f272b_6165e2dd63068b481257b95d_Image%25201.png

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
What a wild ending for padres and marlins !!!!!!

7-6 2 outs in top of 9th

Ball hits top of fence , marlins player bats it over with glove . Eventually ruled ground rule double

Waiting on video

Ball hits glove or body and goes over fence it’s a HR

Wall then a body part it’s like player threw ball out of play

Someone say drought

Prior to 2023, I guaran-damn-tee you that after the Lindor misplay to make the score 2-0, Torrens goes to the mound to settle Severino down. But nowadays, the catcher has to pick his spots. Part of the price we are paying for faster games.

Is it just me, or is ESPN treating this game like it's the Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals?

I was happy to see the Mets turn around their offense. I would have never thought it would be such a quick turnaround after watching the first month of the season. This team still doesn't seem like a true contender. Boras has screwed over another client in Alonso. That guy is headed to the Bellinger and Conforto type 1-2 year contracts from here on out. McNeill needs to be traded in the offseason along with Marte.

Baseball on ESPN is unwatchable. Mets fans have been spoiled with Gary, Keith, and Ron
If I remember correctly, you are a Phillies-hater -- so you may be surprised to know that Philly fans also find ESPN unwatchable. We much prefer Tom McCarthy and John Kruk, even though I would be the first to agree that they are far from great. ESPN's baseball announcing is just terrible.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, you are a Phillies-hater -- so you may be surprised to feel that Philly fans also find ESPN unwatchable. We much prefer Tom McCarthy and John Kruk, even though I would be the first to agree that they are far from great. ESPN's baseball announcing is just terrible.
The interaction among Cone, and the other two guys (don't know or care to know their names) on ESPN is awkward. And that one guy sounds like Bert of Ernie and Bert on Sesame Street. I'd rather listen to Beth Mowins for 10 hours. Thankfully, they had the statcast on ESPN2, which was much better and kind of interesting.

I was happy to see the Mets turn around their offense. I would have never thought it would be such a quick turnaround after watching the first month of the season. This team still doesn't seem like a true contender. Boras has screwed over another client in Alonso. That guy is headed to the Bellinger and Conforto type 1-2 year contracts from here on out. McNeill needs to be traded in the offseason along with Marte.
Nimmo can go too. I understand that would be a makeover of the entire OF, but we've seen his ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT