ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

finding dory GIF

Reactions: Knight Shift
Pathetic by McNeil. Worst part for me was pulling the bat back on the most buntable pitch of the at-bat. With that said I'm not sure about the strategy because if he gets it down they walk Lindor and then you have a hitter who is having a solid year but is still young and inexperienced in Vientos. As well as a double play candidate.

Pathetic by McNeil. Worst part for me was pulling the bat back on the most buntable pitch of the at-bat. With that said I'm not sure about the strategy because if he gets it down they walk Lindor and then you have a hitter who is having a solid year but is still young and inexperienced in Vientos. As well as a double play candidate.
The bunt, if successful, takes the bat out of the hands of your TWO hottest hitters since the break.

I blame McNeil. You’re a major leaguer and ex batting champ. Advance the damn runner somehow !
With just a runner on second, that is a fair request of a lefty batter. But with first and second, that is MUCH easier said than done. Unless you want to advance the runner at the cost of two outs, which I assume you do not.

The surest way to advance the runner in that situation is by a successful sac bunt, but that takes the bat out of Lindor's hands. Bad idea IMO, especially since no one knows how to bunt anymore.

The next surest way is to get a base hit. But when you get only one swing to try to do that, instead of three, it really cuts down on your chances.

We’ve seen this from McNeil before - man just can’t bunt. Calling for it to begin with was bad enough, but to keep it on after the first effort was ridiculous.

Last edited:
We’ve seen this from McNeil before - man just can’t bunt. Calling for it to begin with was bad enough, but to keep it on after the first effort was ridiculous.
The ironic thing is that he is quite good at the running drag bunt for a hit. He just can't square around and sacrifice, which is supposedly easier.

Reactions: FrankZ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT