ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

The bigger question is who gets dropped from the rotation when Cole comes back.
Well it doesn't look like it's gonna be Rodon. Another excellent start.
And Holmes was perfect in the ninth. Damn good first quarter of the season.

Yankees back in 1st place. Best record in the American League. Judge is totally out of his funk. Stanton is hitting better but damn he must have a back or leg issue. Dude can't run!
Baltimore isn't going anywhere. Should be a fun summer

Reactions: irishflu92
And the Twins, who were something like 17-3 over their last twenty games, scored a total of one run in the three-game series.
Kudos to Yankee pitching.
And Judge is as hot as could be right now.
Good times.

@RULoyal - Thank you for the visual. It feels like that ball was in the air for 5 minutes.
Nobody sitting up where he hit that one ever thought there was a chance a ball would come their way. Besides the homer he had three doubles and a walk in five at bats in that game.
Today he only had two doubles and a walk in four at bats...with the fourth at bat he made an out...the outfielder caught the fly with his back against the wall.
Bring on the White Sox.

Last edited:
Nobody sitting up where he hit that one ever thought there was a chance a ball would come there way. Besides the homer he had three doubles and a walk in five at bats in that game.
Today he only had two doubles and a walk in four at bats...with the fourth at bat he made an out...the outfielder caught the fly with his back against the wall.
Bring on the White Sox.
What a difference a year makes! Right?

Reactions: Kbee3
Who were the fans calling Judges contract I disaster not too long ago.
Wonder if some part of his start was something still lingering from spring season

Reactions: RUDave_01
It's still gonna be Stanton-esque at the end of it, it's a question of how long can we push that off?

Stanton's contract has likely been Stanton-esque since it was put in place and he is only 2 years older than Judge.

It's still gonna be Stanton-esque at the end of it, it's a question of how long can we push that off?
Yeah, this contract won't end well. But Judge set the non-roid single season HR record in his walk year, so sometimes the player wins. The Yanks had to pay him.

The fact that it is not Stanton-esque from the beginning means it is not the same disaster.

Yeah, this contract won't end well. But Judge set the non-roid single season HR record in his walk year, so sometimes the player wins. The Yanks had to pay him.
It will actually never be a failure. What Judge brings to the organization has probably already paid the entirety of the contract. And 5 years from now when he is “only” 35 HR 100RBI- it will look live an average salary.
Think about the complete loss of losing him to go elsewhere would have been.
I have always been a big Judge fan and even in posts prior to his historic year, I always said I wanted to see a full healthy Judge year.
Guy goes beyond just the Yankees- he and OS really are the 2 guys the world watch with awe.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Yeah. I think Judge might be out of his slump.
Really good pitching again.
That Judge homer into the upper deck was something to behold.
Aaron Judge is batting .432 with 19 hits, 5 home runs, 11 RBIs and 13 runs scored in 13 games since May 2, 2024.

1 for 1 tonight with a HR and a BB. I'd say he's seeing the ball pretty well lately.

Reactions: WhiteBus and Kbee3
Gleyber doing Gleyber things...strike three looking with a runner on 3rd and one out.

Yeah!!!!
Are you just here to post anytime something to do with the Yankees doesn’t go well? I mean, while your specific comments aren’t wrong in the context of whatever is happening now, it’s always so negative. It’s a long season — so far this one is going pretty well. Things happen in every game that are frustrating and good things happen too. Being balanced is ok.

Are you just here to post anytime something to do with the Yankees doesn’t go well? I mean, while your specific comments aren’t wrong in the context of whatever is happening now, it’s always so negative. It’s a long season — so far this one is going pretty well. Things happen in every game that are frustrating and good things happen too. Being balanced is ok.
Can’t be balanced with Torres. Time to dump him for a bag of balls.

Reactions: MitchLL
He's a Mets fan....meaning he's jealous of the Yankees. He's probably the most reasonable of the bunch, but the feelings are still there for the Bronx Bombers. So, it's expected.

He's a Mets fan....meaning he's jealous of the Yankees. He's probably the most reasonable of the bunch, but the feelings are still there for the Bronx Bombers. So, it's expected.
Wow- you have a weird thing about the Mets- the Michell dude posts almost 100% Yankees and not sure he ever posted on the Mets thread.,,you should look before posting..,

Reactions: MitchLL
Wow- you have a weird thing about the Mets- the Michell dude posts almost 100% Yankees and not sure he ever posted on the Mets thread.,,you should look before posting..,
Says another Mets fan on the Yankees thread...

I was talking about you.
I've seen it since 1962 from Mets fans towards the Yankees. Everyone but Mets fans can see it.
But it's OK. We understand why it exists.

I was talking about you.
I've seen it since 1962 from Mets fans towards the Yankees. Everyone but Mets fans can see it.
I guess hard to tell as you responded to someone busting on this michell poster. I haven’t posted anything negative on the Yankees..,

Getting back to the Yankees... Wow, Luis Gil with 14 Ks today! I was a bit nervous he was going to implode in the 1st inning, but he really found his groove after that. Another great start by this rotation.

I guess hard to tell as you responded to someone busting on this michell poster. I haven’t posted anything negative on the Yankees..,
That's probably why I said you were the most reasonable of the bunch. I'm not gonna go back and check out all of your posts in this thread to find things that some of the overly-sensitive Yankees fans might consider negative. I really don't have a problem with some Mets fans stopping by to give their perspective on the Bronx Bombers. Even the dopier ones. Although the way things are going right now I don't figure they'd have much to say.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Getting back to the Yankees... Wow, Luis Gil with 14 Ks today! I was a bit nervous he was going to implode in the 1st inning, but he really found his groove after that. Another great start by this rotation.
I think the invisible MVP of the Yankees is pitching coach Matt Blake. Since his arrival in 2019, the Yankees keep bringing up "no-names" from the minors to create a relief corp that is top notch for MLB.

And maybe I didn't follow the scouting reports closely enough, but Luis Gil is turning into a pitching phenom. Clarke Schmidt overachieving too. And until he got hurt, Nestor Cortes went from journeyman to star in the Yankees rotation.

Again, there's Matt Blake all along the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUDave_01 and Kbee3
I think the invisible MVP of the Yankees is pitching coach Matt Blake. Since his arrival in 2019, the Yankees keep bringing up "no-names" from the minors to create a relief corp that is top notch for MLB.
The pitching has been great but you also have guys like Stanton finally having a contract like year too…

The pitching has been great but you also have guys like Stanton finally having a contract like year too…
He isn't having a contract like year. He is now back to being average. He was so low the last 3 years a .250+ BA looks like a big improvement. He isn't close to be earning the $32 million he is being paid for being average. Typical Mets fan garbage.

I was talking about you.
He does this crap all the time. He makes like he is giving a positive spin on a bad Yankees situation when in fact he just loves reminding Yankees fans of bad news! He did it again today to Yankees fans of Stanton's bad contract and calling it contract year season. Guy is a complete clown 🤡

Last edited:
He does this crap all the time. He makes like he is giving a positive spin on a bad Yankees situation when in fact he just loves reminding Yankees fans of bad news! He did it again today to Yankees fans of Stanton's bad contract and calling it contract year season. Guy is a complete clown 🤡
I know. That's why I said he's the most reasonable of that bunch. It's a pretty low bar.
I don't mind him posting here though.

I know. That's why I said he's the most reasonable of that bunch. It's a pretty low bar.
I don't mind him posting here though.
He can post here all he wants but his excuse is he just likes baseball and wants to talk Yankees fans about baseball which is total bullshit. He tries to skillfully hide his hatred of the Yankees but he doesn't have that skill. Just a Mets fan doing Mets fans jealousy crap.

I'm reluctant to talk about the team in any sense since things are going so well. It's amazing what a Soto and healthy players can do to a team year to year.

He isn't having a contract like year. He is now back to being average. He was so low the last 3 years a .250+ BA looks like a big improvement. He isn't close to be earning the $32 million he is being paid for being average. Typical Mets fan garbage.
Actually- looking at it- you are right- while Stanton is in the +35 HR he is only about 90 RBI- apologize for trying to be positive. You are a serious nutcase.
You say I’m a Met fan trying to throw garbage but it looks like you sling the garbage much more than I do.
If I was a Yankee fan- would you actually be able to have a conversation? If I posted the same things? You are just a weird dude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT