ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

Wasn't Cortes consider the ace while Cole was sidelined? Amazing stats from the starting rotation.

Did someone throw up on all the Padres uniforms last night lol Jeez they were ugly. Haven't seen one decent City Connect uniforms so far this year
I was staring at those Padres uniforms and trying to figure out where I had seen those color combos before.

They're jockey uniform colors!

Reactions: WhiteBus
Don't say anything positive about Stanton...it upsets someone
Stanton doing well doesn't upset me. What upsets me is the stupid Mets fan who says he just wants talk baseball but can't help himself and talks some shit. I guess it better then you having to watch that crappy team of yours! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
I almost feel sorry for Mets fans...almost.
I called a friend who is as big a Mets fan as there is the other day and I asked him what he thought of his team this year. He gave me the old "We're only a few games out of a playoff spot. Once you're in anything can happen".
I called him back this morning and all he said was "Baseball season is over. I'm focusing on the upcoming football season and my Jets".

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
I called a friend who is as big a Mets fan as there is the other day and I asked him what he thought of his team this year. He gave me the old "We're only a few games out of a playoff spot. Once you're in anything can happen".
I called him back this morning and all he said was "Baseball season is over. I'm focusing on the upcoming football season and my Jets".
The Mets are lost right now. Steve Cohen is the opposite of Wilpon with spending, but still an awful owner that makes awful decisions.

I feel sorry for a few Mets fans. My best friend is a Mets fan. We went to so many Yankees Mets games together, baseball trips all across the country. But the Mets turds on here are not folks I feel bad for. At least 2008 is consistent. He hates the Yankees and he hates Yankees fans. The problem with him he is simply too stupid to talk/discuss/argue about baseball. Yes pretends to be a baseball fan but he must be getting old as he has exposed himself time and time again as a Mets clown this year way too many times.

Diaz really sucked a big one today. Brutal to watch.

I almost felt bad for that pitcher after the Stanton home run. His body language was pretty rough.

Diaz really sucked a big one today. Brutal to watch.

I almost felt bad for that pitcher after the Stanton home run. His body language was pretty rough.
That's a bad team. They have given up even before the Soto deal.

You don't wanna play the Yankees right now. Top-notch starting pitching, mostly dependable bullpen, and Judge and Soto are on their game.
Fun team to watch.

That's a bad team. They have given up even before the Soto deal.
????
So they gave up on this season back in December? Last season they finished two games out of the WC. Since the Soto trade, they've traded for a top of the rotation pitcher and a two time batting champ. Doesn't look like a team that has given up to me.
Padres are not a great team, not in the same class as LA, NYY, ATL or the Phils, but they are 9-9 this season against those teams. Their problem is they need to start beating the bad teams regularly. They should be in WC contention throughout the season

????
So they gave up on this season back in December? Last season they finished two games out of the WC. Since the Soto trade, they've traded for a top of the rotation pitcher and a two time batting champ. Doesn't look like a team that has given up to me.
Padres are not a great team, not in the same class as LA, NYY, ATL or the Phils, but they are 9-9 this season against those teams. Their problem is they need to start beating the bad teams regularly. They should be in WC contention throughout the season
If I recall the 2023 Padres season was a tremendous disappointment, correct? And they continued down the same path for 2024 minus Sosa. Lots of talent on that team, doesn't seem to be as good as expectations.

If I recall the 2023 Padres season was a tremendous disappointment, correct? And they continued down the same path for 2024 minus Sosa.
Definitely was a disappointment and now they don't have Sosa. But who's giving up on a season? If you're giving up on a season you don't make the two trades they made in the past two months. Despite their crappy play against some bad teams (swept in Colorado) they're a game out for a WC spot and showed they can compete with the better teams in the sport as I noted.
Would it be a total shock to you if they made the playoffs?

Definitely was a disappointment and now they don't have Sosa. But who's giving up on a season? If you're giving up on a season you don't make the two trades they made in the past two months. Despite their crappy play against some bad teams (swept in Colorado) they're a game out for a WC spot and showed they can compete with the better teams in the sport as I noted.
Would it be a total shock to you if they made the playoffs?
No but you have to agree with me there is something wrong with this club even when they do make the playoffs. But they don't seem to care. It's beyond the players too.

No but you have to agree with me there is something wrong with this club even when they do make the playoffs. But they don't seem to care. It's beyond the players too.
I would agree with you about last year. There were problems in the clubhouse. But I think thats gone away this year. Read into that any way you want. Their biggest problems right now are that they can't win at home (11-18) and Machado and Tatis aren't hitting.
And there wasn't anything wrong with them just two years ago when they beat the Mets and the Dodgers.

Last edited:
And is there any doubt that Holmes is a setup reliever and not a closer???

This is starting to resemble the 2022 season where he had a decent first half and imploded after the ASG.

Luckiest mofo I've seen to escape so many games.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
I would agree with you about last year. There were problems in the clubhouse. But I think thats gone away this year. Read into that any way you want. Their biggest problems right now are that they can't win at home (11-18) and Machado and Tatis aren't hitting.
And there wasn't anything wrong with them just two years ago when they beat the Mets and the Dodgers.
Get the wild card.

Reactions: colbert17
And is there any doubt that Holmes is a setup reliever and not a closer???

This is starting to resemble the 2022 season where he had a decent first half and imploded after the ASG.

Luckiest mofo I've seen to escape so many games.

Yankees currently winning at a clip of .667. That would be 108 games over a season. Holmes has some flaws as no one single player is ever perfect. Perhaps they will pursue a closer type at the deadline to bolster. That being said, to focus only on the negative does not seem like much fun in a season that looks to be very fun so far.

Reactions: MitchLL
Ridiculous call cost the Yanks a first inning double play and their manager in the first inning last night. Boone had every reason to get ejected after that one:

Ridiculous call cost the Yanks a first inning double play and their manager in the first inning last night. Boone had every reason to get ejected after that one:
That was a ridiculous call, especially with Soto trying to avoid the fielder while retreating to second base. The umpires have to use some sort of discretion to take that into account.

That was a ridiculous call, especially with Soto trying to avoid the fielder while retreating to second base. The umpires have to use some sort of discretion to take that into account.
Just another stupid call. Soto has the right to get back to the bag.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Just another stupid call. Soto has the right to get back to the bag.
An infield fly rule should have been called, a out call would been fine instead of the crap that followed. I believe what actually was called
was home field advantage.
Can someone please shut up Boone? Right away he says, that is a double play. Then afterword changed his mind. He is about the
worst I've heard and I have been following
the Yanks since the forties. I have to record the
games so I can fast forward his
rants. I've been a Yankee fan for 9 decades and he is only the
3rd Yankee that I could not stand.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
The Jets' season might be over early, too.

Come on. It's only been 38 years since the Mets won a World Series.
The Jets haven't won a Super Bowl in 55 years.
It's gotta be tough being a Mets/Jets fan.
Let's be honest, folks that are Mets, Jets, and RU fans have very low self-esteem. :)

Gotta balance the torture with some joy and happiness.

Yankees currently winning at a clip of .667. That would be 108 games over a season. Holmes has some flaws as no one single player is ever perfect. Perhaps they will pursue a closer type at the deadline to bolster. That being said, to focus only on the negative does not seem like much fun in a season that looks to be very fun so far.
You are correct, but I've been wragging on Holmes for three years because he just lucks out too many to be dependable come the post season.

Gotta be able to strike out guys as a closer.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I would say that the majority of the time Boone gets tosses he is right. I fully support him going apeshit as needed.

Reactions: MitchLL
Come on. It's only been 38 years since the Mets won a World Series.
The Jets haven't won a Super Bowl in 55 years.
It's gotta be tough being a Mets/Jets fan.
Funny thing is Mets fans biggest, ill fated, comeback is "when was the last time the Yankees won a World Series?"
The answer is 22 years after their last! 😂

Schmidt placed on the 15-day IL retroactive to May 27th with a strained lat. Also Google had the actual rule on that play last night and it turns out it is a double play. Boone read the rule in the clubhouse and already admitted he was wrong. But back to Schmidt these guys just can't seem to hold up!

I'm hoping Cashman looks closely at the Mets roster to see who can potentially help at the trade deadline.

There's going to be a MASSIVE turnover on that team.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Jordan Montgomery gave up eight runs to that powerhouse from Queens last night.
I still don't know why the Yanks didn't resign him. Just think what the rotation would be like if he had been added.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT