ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 8 years ago, the infamous Spring Nor'easter of 2007

RUaMoose

Heisman Winner
Oct 31, 2004
Lebanon, TN
I remember this storm well. Bound Brook and Rt 18 in NB flooded as did the usual suspects along the Passaic. I recall the Melanie Mcguire trial in NB was going on at the time and had to be postponed for a day or two due to the flooding.

Spring Nor'easter of 2007

The Bound Brook flooding was pretty major. I spent 72 hours straight working an EMS task force.

Originally posted by RU4Real:
The Bound Brook flooding was pretty major. I spent 72 hours straight working an EMS task force.
Why was Bound Brook so severely damaged by this Nor'easter 8 years after the "flood of the Century" caused by Hurricane Floyd? Weren't significant engineering solutions put in place after Floyd? ....did they just run out of time to get those in?

Originally posted by HeyHuey:

Originally posted by RU4Real:
Why was Bound Brook so severely damaged by this Nor'easter 8 years after the "flood of the Century" caused by Hurricane Floyd? Weren't significant engineering solutions put in place after Floyd? ....did they just run out of time to get those in?
Nobody could come up with an adequate solution for moving the town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT