ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Annual Tiger Woods Comeback Thread

Also last week I played a 525 par five and found my tee shot sitting on the 250yd. Marker.

275 to the center of the green biatch. Lol.

(that's all I've got) lol
And than what happened and was that marker in the same hole you were playing? Not that it matters. You are like Seve. Can play from the parking lot or the bar.

Also last week I played a 525 par five and found my tee shot sitting on the 250yd. Marker.

275 to the center of the green biatch. Lol.

(that's all I've got) lol
BTW where are you playing these days? Im not that far from you.

And than what happened and was that marker in the same hole you were playing? Not that it matters. You are like Seve. Can play from the parking lot or the bar.

Mis hit hybrid. 8I, putt put, par!

So I meet up with @RUScrew85 tonight to play golf. What a hack but a hell of a beer drinker!![cheers]
My first time playing at Mercer Oaks East. Nice layout, great sitelines but like most public courses crappy slow greens. Screw nails his first drive so far that we never found it in the schmutz to right of the next fairway. But he crushed the heck out of it.
Also as we are on 18 there was 3 huge black turkeys in the rough . He commented on their great tans. [winking]
Anyway got to give him props wearing a block R golf shirt.
Reasonable out of county rates. Great bar. Nice place.

So I meet up with @RUScrew85 tonight to play golf. What a hack but a hell of a beer drinker!![cheers]
My first time playing at Mercer Oaks East. Nice layout, great sitelines but like most public courses crappy slow greens. Screw nails his first drive so far that we never found it in the schmutz to right of the next fairway. But he crushed the heck out of it.
Also as we are on 18 there was 3 huge black turkeys in the rough . He commented on their great tans. [winking]
Anyway got to give him props wearing a block R golf shirt.
Reasonable out of county rates. Great bar. Nice place.

Old guy you know as Whitebus shows glimpses of his talent from his youth and hits many well shaped shots.

Yeah he was in my head on the first Tee shot but that was quickly fixed and I crushed the course.

We both shot something like 34s. No one can remember exactly.

LOL First Annual Awesome Guy Rutgers Fan Open ends up in a tie at 34 each.

Whitebus owns two clubs with wooden heads.

That is all.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Old guy you know as Whitebus shows glimpses of his talent from his youth and hits many well shaped shots.

Yeah he was in my head on the first Tee shot but that was quickly fixed and I crushed the course.

We both shot something like 34s. No one can remember exactly.

LOL First Annual Awesome Guy Rutgers Fan Open ends up in a tie at 34 each.

Whitebus owns two clubs with wooden heads.

That is all.
Fun time thanks for the invite. Yes my fairway woods are actually made of wood. 1956 McGregor MTs. 2 wood, 4 wood. My talent let's me play old school clubs Including my wood shaft Billy Casper wedge[banana]

Fun time thanks for the invite. Yes my fairway woods are actually made of wood. 1956 McGregor MTs. 2 wood, 4 wood. My talent let's me play old school clubs Including my wood shaft Billy Casper wedge[banana]

Sounded so nice hearing you hit the wood woods. Lets do it again soon.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Gee thanks captain obvious

"A 100% healthy Tiger now won't be able to compete consistently on tour any more. It's the next generations tour now."

^^^ This is the comment I had responded to, pay attention.

There it is again though, the contradiction. Out of one side of your mouth youre saying that Tiger sucks now because of his physical state, which is a very fair assessment. But Then out of the other side you say That even if he was 100% healthy he would still get wrecked because there's too much... TALENT? Have you lost it? You honestly believe that DJ and Spieth have close to the talent that prime Tiger had? DJ at his absolute best is essentially geriatric poor man's Tiger Woods wrapped in a 33 year old's skin. Prime Tiger would eat them alive, no beverage. A past prime Tiger could atleast get their attention on occasion and win once in a while, barring injury.
IN my mind, Tiger Juiced. So I'm not rooting for him...enjoy watching him miss the cut

IN my mind, Tiger Juiced. So I'm not rooting for him...enjoy watching him miss the cut
There's no statistical evidence that suggests his legth of shots got longer beyond what everyone else got from the 460cc drivers.
Hank Haney always has the best take obn Tiger. Heeard him say the other day...

"He just doesn't get it. He's one of the best putters who ever lived. He putted great earlier in the year. They ask him after Memorial what he's going to do to fix the putting and he says, "More reps." Why isn't anyone asking him why he didn't put the reps in to begin with? It was always hard to get him to practice putting. He likes to sit on teh range and flight shots but guess wht, that doesn't win golf tournaments."

Sure enough, before his 1st round at the US Open, camera went to hm tucked into teh corner of the driving range flighting shots. Went back and hour later and there he was, still flighting shots. I belive Hank. He just doesn't get it, doesn't put the time in doing the thing that makes the difference.

There's no statistical evidence that suggests his legth of shots got longer beyond what everyone else got from the 460cc drivers.
Hank Haney always has the best take obn Tiger. Heeard him say the other day...

"He just doesn't get it. He's one of the best putters who ever lived. He putted great earlier in the year. They ask him after Memorial what he's going to do to fix the putting and he says, "More reps." Why isn't anyone asking him why he didn't put the reps in to begin with? It was always hard to get him to practice putting. He likes to sit on teh range and flight shots but guess wht, that doesn't win golf tournaments."

Sure enough, before his 1st round at the US Open, camera went to hm tucked into teh corner of the driving range flighting shots. Went back and hour later and there he was, still flighting shots. I belive Hank. He just doesn't get it, doesn't put the time in doing the thing that makes the difference.

Well I'm sure Hank knows what he's talking about but $750M in the bank offer a different perspective. LOL.

Sad news for golfing fans x2. Hubert Green and Peter Thompson both passed away today. Green a US Open champion and PGA Champion. World renown Australian Peter Thompson 5x Open Champion . Both great golfers and great men. True golf ambassadors. Both golf HOF members. Bless them both.

Tiger on his putting: “They’re going to start falling eventually, and today they did.”

·
25m
Tiger’s line for Friday: 10/14 fairways, 13/ 18 GIR, 27 putts.

·
27m
BOOM! Tiger converts par putt at last for a 5-under 65.Q

At age, consistency goes. That's what were are seeing. He will have some good days along the way. Except at the US Open. His putting overall has been far below par. Ranked 89 in strokes gained at last check.

T11. Only 4 off the pace. He’s back. LOL

I played Manhattan Woods today. Played so poorly, I considered giving it up. Funny thing was that I was killing it on the range. Frustrating game.

There’s nothing quite like feeling of crushing every shot on the range followed by a terrible ball striking round on the course. No logical reason AFAIK that it happens. But it happens, more often than we expect.

Reactions: Section124

I played Manhattan Woods today. Played so poorly, I considered giving it up. Funny thing was that I was killing it on the range. Frustrating game.
How was the course? Been wanting to play there for years now.

There’s nothing quite like feeling of crushing every shot on the range followed by a terrible ball striking round on the course. No logical reason AFAIK that it happens. But it happens, more often than we expect.
That’s why I usually never go to the range. Practice putting and maybe some chipping before a round. Always play better for some reason.

Have two pints instead of the range. thank me later.
Speaking of Mercer Oaks East, played there last Monday. Both courses are nice and a great clubhouse. Shot an 80. My brother lives in Hightstown and that is his regular course. I usually play there 2-3 times a year with him. I live here in Bergen County and we need to step up our clubhouses here. Good thing the courses are good though.

When I said it would be good if he won some very low level tournament, this is what I was talking about. Give his fan boi's something to get excited about. This field is horrible. He won't get this one though. Maybe next time.

When I said it would be good if he won some very low level tournament, this is what I was talking about. Give his fan boi's something to get excited about. This field is horrible. He won't get this one though. Maybe next time.

This is the worst field I’ve seen at a televised PGA Tour event in quite some time. Even if Tiger should win tomorrow ( low prob) it won’t mean much against this field of extreme no names.

What raises an eyebrow with me is that Tiger could not convince any of the top tour players ( other than Ricky Fowler) to play in his tourney that he is hosting. That may tell us plenty about Tigers current reputation among the top tour players.

Tiger doesn’t look close to winning anything at this point. The next Euro Tour event is not willing to pay Tiger an appearance fee so he is not going. But they are paying appearance fees to others instead. So when does he play the next Tour event before the British Open? Or maybe he doesn’t play before the Open?

Unless Tiger gets hot later this season he looks more like a side show than a guy who is competing to win a tour event.

Speaking of Mercer Oaks East, played there last Monday. Both courses are nice and a great clubhouse. Shot an 80. My brother lives in Hightstown and that is his regular course. I usually play there 2-3 times a year with him. I live here in Bergen County and we need to step up our clubhouses here. Good thing the courses are good though.
Both are real nice. They do a lot of business catering at the clubhouse. Shot an 82 today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT