ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone familiar with these professors?

tom1944

All American
Feb 22, 2008

Wondering if any of the RU grads had either of these professors?

No need to discuss the are they right or wrong I just wondered what their personality was like?

Reactions: Knight Shift

No need to discuss the are they right or wrong I just wondered what their personality was like?
Fasten your seatbelt. This will get towed.

I follow Prof. Ebright on X. He is strong in his language and retorts, but not unprofessional.

Frankly, both sides are behaving very badly, and not a good luck for people with PhDs an university professors to be railing each other on social media like two professional wrestlers talking smack.

A better way would be for there to be a debate in an auditorium or small arena and to use the proceeds to go towards fostering biosafety. It's quite appalling the way these Ivy educated people are behaving.

Excellent scientists. Neither has specific experience in virology beyond any any other molecular biologist. Neither has experience beyond any other lab scientist with safety protocols, etc. Both are super cocky

Excellent scientists. Neither has specific experience in virology beyond any any other molecular biologist. Neither has experience beyond any other lab scientist with safety protocols, etc. Both are super cocky
What difference would it make if they had specific experience in virology? They both have experience in bacterial pathogens.

Sheehan, B., Klarsfeld, A., Ebright, R. and Cossart, P. (1996) A single substitution in the putative helix-turn-helix motif of the pleiotropic activator PrfA attenuates Listeria monocytogenes virulence. Mol. Microbiol. 20, 785-797.

Sullivan, S., Horn, P., Olson, V., Koop, A., Niu, W., Ebright, R., and Triezenberg, S. (1998) Mutational analysis of the transcriptional activation region of the VP16 protein of herpes simplex virus. Nucl. Acids Res. 26, 4487-4496.

Ubiquitous promoter-localization of essential virulence regulators in Francisella tularensis.
Ramsey KM, Osborne ML, Vvedenskaya IO, Su C, Nickels BE, Dove SL.

Effects of Increasing the Affinity of CarD for RNA Polymerase on Mycobacterium tuberculosis Growth, rRNA Transcription, and Virulence.
Garner AL, Rammohan J, Huynh JP, Onder LM, Chen J, Bae B, Jensen D, Weiss LA, Manzano AR, Darst SA, Campbell EA, Nickels BE, Galburt EA, Stallings CL.

Implementing governmental oversight of enhanced potential pandemic pathogen research.
Ebright RH, MacIntyre R, Dudley JP, Butler CD, Goffinet A, Hammond E, Harris ED, Kakeya H, Lambrinidou Y, Leitenberg M, Newman SA, Nickels BE, Rahalkar MC, Ridley MW, Salzberg SL, Seshadri H, Theißen G, VanDongen AM, Washburne A.

I was actually wondering more about their personalities

If you were a student of theirs beyond the knowledge they had on the subject what were they like on a personal level.

At least to the extent you interacted with them?

I have to laugh how that article automatically assumes the zootonic transfer of the virus from animals to humans.

From personal experience in China, their technical skills are not well developed. Their biosafety practices are weak, even with the best facilities and equipment available. They just don’t know how to use it or maintain it. They’re not well supervised. A lab leak is highly plausible.

More interested to find out Michael Hiltzik is.
This may all that is needed on Hiltzik. Biased much? Sounds like a real jerk.

Mocking unvaccinated COVID deaths​

Hiltzik was criticized for a January 10, 2022 column, where he encouraged public humiliation of unvaccinated people who died from COVID-19. He said, "mockery is not necessarily the wrong reaction to those who publicly mocked anti-COVID measures and encourage others to follow suit, before they perished of the disease the dangers of which they belittled".[13][14]

I have to laugh how that article automatically assumes the zootonic transfer of the virus from animals to humans.

From personal experience in China, their technical skills are not well developed. Their biosafety practices are weak, even with the best facilities and equipment available. They just don’t know how to use it or maintain it. They’re not well supervised. A lab leak is highly plausible.
That's because he's a biased POS. See above. What a horrible thing to do as a writer for a major newspaper.

Like the sloppy warehouse lab" in Reedley, CA.

House investigation found:

"The illegal biolab was run by a PRC citizen who is a wanted fugitive from Canada with a $330 million Canadian dollar judgment against him for stealing American intellectual property.

This PRC citizen was a top official at a PRC-state-controlled company and had links to military-civil fusion entities.

The illegal biolab received millions of dollars in unexplained payments from PRC banks while running the illegal biolab.

The illegal biolab contained thousands of samples of labeled, unlabeled, and encoded potential pathogens, including HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, and Covid.

The illegal biolab also contained a freezer labeled “Ebola,” which contained unlabeled, sealed silver bags consistent with how the lab stored high risk biological materials.

The biolab contained nearly a thousand transgenic mice, genetically engineered to mimic the human immune system. Lab workers said that the mice were designed “to catch and carry the COVID-19 virus.”

After local officials who discovered the lab sought help from the CDC and others, the CDC refused to test any of the samples. "

When lab was found, CDC did its best to ignore issue and refused to answer calls

I actually know professor Ebright to an extent (interviewed to be a research assistant). All I can say is he’s a bit strange but a good researcher nonetheless. However, his domain of expertise isn’t in anything beyond the structural and mechanistic rationale for viruses, so his opinion is to be taken equally with any other chemical biologists opinion with respect to this issue.

I actually know professor Ebright to an extent (interviewed to be a research assistant). All I can say is he’s a bit strange but a good researcher nonetheless. However, his domain of expertise isn’t in anything beyond the structural and mechanistic rationale for viruses, so his opinion is to be taken equally with any other chemical biologists opinion with respect to this issue.
Gilles, this really isn’t a virology issue - it’s all about biosafety. The same facilities, equipment and procedures apply to all bioprocess systems. Knowing how these researchers operate, and their lack of regard for biosafety makes the lab leak claim plausible, certainly more plausible than a virus jumping species. That is highly rare In nature.

Like the sloppy warehouse lab" in Reedley, CA.

House investigation found:

"The illegal biolab was run by a PRC citizen who is a wanted fugitive from Canada with a $330 million Canadian dollar judgment against him for stealing American intellectual property.

This PRC citizen was a top official at a PRC-state-controlled company and had links to military-civil fusion entities.

The illegal biolab received millions of dollars in unexplained payments from PRC banks while running the illegal biolab.

The illegal biolab contained thousands of samples of labeled, unlabeled, and encoded potential pathogens, including HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, and Covid.

The illegal biolab also contained a freezer labeled “Ebola,” which contained unlabeled, sealed silver bags consistent with how the lab stored high risk biological materials.

The biolab contained nearly a thousand transgenic mice, genetically engineered to mimic the human immune system. Lab workers said that the mice were designed “to catch and carry the COVID-19 virus.”

After local officials who discovered the lab sought help from the CDC and others, the CDC refused to test any of the samples. "

When lab was found, CDC did its best to ignore issue and refused to answer calls
Great post Ashoken!

Some years ago, in the past century I had the occasion to audit a name drug manufacturer in Detroit that was in hot water with the FDA. The company was owned by Sun Pharmaceuticals, one of the worst players in the biopharm industry. They were manufacturing and releasing product without FDA approval. Turns out they were bringing in workers from India on tourist visas and replacing them every 3 months.

Great post Ashoken!

Some years ago, in the past century I had the occasion to audit a name drug manufacturer in Detroit that was in hot water with the FDA. The company was owned by Sun Pharmaceuticals, one of the worst players in the biopharm industry. They were manufacturing and releasing product without FDA approval. Turns out they were bringing in workers from India on tourist visas and replacing them every 3 months.

The recent eye-drop recalls were due to contaminated products made in places where workers didn't even have shoes, masks, gowns, sterilization etc. It was like pre "The Jungle" days.

FDA warns consumers not to purchase or use certain eye drops from several major brands due to risk of eye infection​

Reactions: Mike from MD
Gilles, this really isn’t a virology issue - it’s all about biosafety. The same facilities, equipment and procedures apply to all bioprocess systems. Knowing how these researchers operate, and their lack of regard for biosafety makes the lab leak claim plausible, certainly more plausible than a virus jumping species. That is highly rare In nature.
I agree that there are huge concerns with laboratory biosafety with regard to bacterial/viral pathogens and potential escapes out of these labs. However, considering that the vast majority of human pathogens throughout history are viruses that are likely to have initially infected humans via zoonotic transfer, it's odd that you would say that the lab leak theory for SARS-2 is more plausible than jumping species, especially when there's no credible evidence that the Wuhan Lab was in possession of SARS-2 and that it then escaped from that lab, somehow. I will say that Enright and Nickels have both said some heinous things that don't reflect well on RU.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10458268/

I agree that there are huge concerns with laboratory biosafety with regard to bacterial/viral pathogens and potential escapes out of these labs. However, considering that the vast majority of human pathogens throughout history are viruses that are likely to have initially infected humans via zoonotic transfer, it's odd that you would say that the lab leak theory for SARS-2 is more plausible than jumping species, especially when there's no credible evidence that the Wuhan Lab was in possession of SARS-2 and that it then escaped from that lab, somehow. I will say that Enright and Nickels have both said some heinous things that don't reflect well on RU.

Sorry man, the NIH dropped the ball here. They are required to perform periodic audits of the facilities where they contract research. It’s already been acknowledged that the Wuhan lab was doing gain of function work on the NIH dime. Fauci tried to BS everyone about that.

My only question has always been, "Then why stone wall if you have nothing to hide." If you as a country knew for certain it wasn't a lab leak, you invite the world to investigate. China took the exact opposite approach.

My only question has always been, "Then why stone wall if you have nothing to hide." If you as a country knew for certain it wasn't a lab leak, you invite the world to investigate. China took the exact opposite approach.
Agree completely - not having a thorough independent investigation into COVID's origins will always be a black eye for China. Never said China wasn't a bad actor, since Day One in this fiasco, especially with regard to downplaying what they obviously knew to be an airborne virus. Their behavior was generally unconscionable throughout, but that still doesn't provide any credible evidence of a lab leak - which is always a possible source (can't say it couldn't have happened that way, but Occam's Razor would argue for this virus jumping zoonotically, just like every other virus in history).

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/will-world-ever-solve-mystery-covid-19s-origin

Great post Ashoken!

I was also involved in doing evaluations of active ingredient and drug product contract manufacturing facilities throughout the 2000s for our far-flung outsourced manufacturing activities (including in the US, Europe and Asia) and we found conditions that led to discontinuing partnerships with some of these companies and developing a strategy where we never "sole sourced" key molecules to an outside partner, as the supply interruption risk was too great, since even the best audits can't uncover everything. And there have been numerous examples of Indian/Chinese manufacturers, in particular, who were eventually found to be falsifying data, covering up violations, etc., leading to shutdowns of operations, impacting quality and supplies.

In addition, with WuXi Pharma (one of the biggest contract R&D/mfg outfits in the world) in the news lately as behaving in unacceptable ways (sometimes predatory), it somewhat validates my worst concerns from 20+ years ago, when our senior management brought them in as a strategic partner (like many Pharma companies did back then) and we were asked to help "teach" them how to do API process development and manufacturing. I hated the thought that we were being asked to train our eventual replacements in some ways. I understood the cost argument (they were much cheaper), but many of us knew they'd eventually take over much of the supply chain and even parts of R&E and start charging much more, which they did.

This may all that is needed on Hiltzik. Biased much? Sounds like a real jerk.

Mocking unvaccinated COVID deaths​

Hiltzik was criticized for a January 10, 2022 column, where he encouraged public humiliation of unvaccinated people who died from COVID-19. He said, "mockery is not necessarily the wrong reaction to those who publicly mocked anti-COVID measures and encourage others to follow suit, before they perished of the disease the dangers of which they belittled".[13][14]

Agree this is terrible, but I find these comments pale in comparison to those of Ebright and Nickels as per the article, excepted in italics below. It's perfectly find to criticize those one disagrees with, even strenuously, but the kinds of accusations, below, are uncalled for. Both should lead to discipline, IMO, and I there are possibly grounds for defamation suits against Ebright, at least.

In a Dec. 2 tweet, Richard H. Ebright, a professor of chemistry and chemical biology at Rutgers University, stated that Anthony Fauci, the respected virologist and retired official of the National Institutes of Health, "is likely a murderer and provably a felon."

In another tweet a few weeks earlier, he had compared Fauci to the Cambodian dictator Pol Pot, who was responsible for the genocidal massacre of as many as 2 million people in the 1970s.

Referring to an event at Case Western Reserve University honoring Fauci, Ebright wrote: "You may have missed the chance to hobnob with Pol Pot, but, Case Western will give you the chance to hobnob with Fauci, whose policy violations ... likely killed 20 million."

In a tweet Aug. 25, 2022, Ebright's colleague Bryce Nickels, a professor in the Rutgers department of genetics, called the "coordination" among virology researchers including Angela Rasmussen of the University of Saskatchewan and Michael Worobey of the University of Arizona an example of "pure, unfiltered evil."

He illustrated the tweet with a GIF from the 1976 movie "Marathon Man" showing Dustin Hoffman being tortured by a character played by Lawrence Olivier and plainly inspired by Nazi doctor Josef Mengele.

Agree this is terrible, but I find these comments pale in comparison to those of Ebright and Nickels as per the article, excepted in italics below. It's perfectly find to criticize those one disagrees with, even strenuously, but the kinds of accusations, below, are uncalled for. Both should lead to discipline, IMO, and I there are possibly grounds for defamation suits against Ebright, at least.

In a Dec. 2 tweet, Richard H. Ebright, a professor of chemistry and chemical biology at Rutgers University, stated that Anthony Fauci, the respected virologist and retired official of the National Institutes of Health, "is likely a murderer and provably a felon."

In another tweet a few weeks earlier, he had compared Fauci to the Cambodian dictator Pol Pot, who was responsible for the genocidal massacre of as many as 2 million people in the 1970s.

Referring to an event at Case Western Reserve University honoring Fauci, Ebright wrote: "You may have missed the chance to hobnob with Pol Pot, but, Case Western will give you the chance to hobnob with Fauci, whose policy violations ... likely killed 20 million."

In a tweet Aug. 25, 2022, Ebright's colleague Bryce Nickels, a professor in the Rutgers department of genetics, called the "coordination" among virology researchers including Angela Rasmussen of the University of Saskatchewan and Michael Worobey of the University of Arizona an example of "pure, unfiltered evil."

He illustrated the tweet with a GIF from the 1976 movie "Marathon Man" showing Dustin Hoffman being tortured by a character played by Lawrence Olivier and plainly inspired by Nazi doctor Josef Mengele.
It’s refreshing to see researchers calling a spade a spade.

What is more probable? A virus jumping from animal to human or the human failing to follow basic biosafety lab practices? The answer should be obvious to you being a former EHS officer.

The government curtailed bioweapons research at Ft. Dietrich because of the Anthrax attacks some 20 years ago. That work was transferred to Wuhan.

And we don’t need to get the answers from China. We can simply ask for audit records from the NIH who should have done so as a sponsor of the research being conducted there.

Last edited:

It's sad that you think that public humiliation and mockery of people who died from a virus pales in comparison to those that are speaking out to continue to expose people that irresponsibly flaunted the law and funded the lab where the virus very likely originated and continue to try to hide their irresponsibility and bully them into silence. Meanwhile, Lord Fauci and his minions got rich off a vaccine that had questionable value for young and healthy people, many who are suffering from a variety of side effects of adverse events that the government and big pharma deep sixed while they counted their filthy lucre. Got it.

There have been worse or equally bad things said by current employees of Rutgers.

If they can still collect a paycheck...

Yup, and the faculty union supports her. 🤷‍♂️

It's sad that you think that public humiliation and mockery of people who died from a virus pales in comparison to those that are speaking out to continue to expose people that irresponsibly flaunted the law and funded the lab where the virus very likely originated and continue to try to hide their irresponsibility and bully them into silence. Meanwhile, Lord Fauci and his minions got rich off a vaccine that had questionable value for young and healthy people, many who are suffering from a variety of side effects of adverse events that the government and big pharma deep sixed while they counted their filthy lucre. Got it.

No, what's sad is you buying into the ridiculous anti-vaxx conspiracy theories and the completely unproven lab leak theory. You probably also bought into the Great Barrington delusion.

Also, you don't call someone a "murderer" without having airtight evidence against that person and all Enbright has is rumor and innuendo on Fauci and others. And I wouldn't even call the Barrington proponents "murderers" as I'd like to believe they at least thought they were correct about the risks from SARS-2 in Fall 2020. Advocating protecting the most vulnerable was fine, in theory, but there was no way to really do that well in the midst of the pandemic. Plus they thought we were near herd immunity, when we were only at about 10-15% infection rates, based on antibody studies at the time, and advocating for not following proven public health mitigations prior to vaccines being widely available likely led to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

The antivaxxers on the other hand have been close to fulfilling the role of at least negligent manslaughter by somehow convincing gullible people (including hundreds of thousands of vulnerable ones who died) that the vaccines weren't safe. We had 600K deaths in May-21 when vaccines became readily available (at about ~20% of the population having been infected) and without vaccines, one would've expected another 2.4MM deaths once ~100% of the population became infected (by simple ratios and we achieved nearly that after the incredibly contagious omicron waves), but thankfully, the vaccines were responsible for keeping that number down to the current 1.2MM deaths - and that number would've been far lower had we achieved 95+% vaccination rates, like other countries did, which ended up with far lower deaths per capita than we did. Also, every study to date has shown that the side effects from the vaccines were rare and much less than the risks form actual infection, even in young people. This will all be shut down shortly, I'm sure, but there is a place we can debate such things with appropriate moderation...

No, what's sad is you buying into the ridiculous anti-vaxx conspiracy theories and the completely unproven lab leak theory. You probably also bought into the Great Barrington delusion.

Also, you don't call someone a "murderer" without having airtight evidence against that person and all Enbright has is rumor and innuendo on Fauci and others. And I wouldn't even call the Barrington proponents "murderers" as I'd like to believe they at least thought they were correct about the risks from SARS-2 in Fall 2020. Advocating protecting the most vulnerable was fine, in theory, but there was no way to really do that well in the midst of the pandemic. Plus they thought we were near herd immunity, when we were only at about 10-15% infection rates, based on antibody studies at the time, and advocating for not following proven public health mitigations prior to vaccines being widely available likely led to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

The antivaxxers on the other hand have been close to fulfilling the role of at least negligent manslaughter by somehow convincing gullible people (including hundreds of thousands of vulnerable ones who died) that the vaccines weren't safe. We had 600K deaths in May-21 when vaccines became readily available (at about ~20% of the population having been infected) and without vaccines, one would've expected another 2.4MM deaths once ~100% of the population became infected (by simple ratios and we achieved nearly that after the incredibly contagious omicron waves), but thankfully, the vaccines were responsible for keeping that number down to the current 1.2MM deaths - and that number would've been far lower had we achieved 95+% vaccination rates, like other countries did, which ended up with far lower deaths per capita than we did. Also, every study to date has shown that the side effects from the vaccines were rare and much less than the risks form actual infection, even in young people. This will all be shut down shortly, I'm sure, but there is a place we can debate such things with appropriate moderation...
Holy shit what a deflection. Funny you don’t respond to me. Stand down.

"Professor Crunk" (that's her nickname) shows what CRT really is. Neo-Marxist in origin, it holds that white people are born bad and cant be fixed. They have to be have constantly militated against.

That' why news today shows more CRT (now cryptically called "social emotional learning) death wish.

UN secretary-general youth climate adviser calls for Whites to be stripped of power in 'revolutionary fights'
'Racial harmony is a fallacy,' said United Nations climate adviser Ayisha Siddiqa

The "fallacy" part is CRT - there is no getting along peacefully

Violently blaming a group of people for all your problems is how genocides happen - and dont think these lunatics allowed to infect colleges wouldn't like one.

There are already millions of nuts in US, and now they want 100s of 1000s of Haitians and Palestinians to be brought to US. They are primed to hate Jews, white people, Christians etc. This is all a well kwon strategy and has zero to do with humanitarian aims.

700,000 Palestinians Coming To U.S. "We're Gonna Make Them Citizens"​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...-s-we-re-gonna-make-them-citizens/ar-BB1jIqm4

Holy shit what a deflection. Funny you don’t respond to me. Stand down.
I was going to respond to you, but your initial response to me only had one sentence, which you edited after I had then decided to respond to KS, since he and I had already had an exchange - not sure why that matters so much to you. Will take a look at what you updated...

It’s refreshing to see researchers calling a spade a spade.

What is more probable? A virus jumping from animal to human or the human failing to follow basic biosafety lab practices? The answer should be obvious to you being a former EHS officer.

The government curtailed bioweapons research at Ft. Dietrich because of the Anthrax attacks some 20 years ago. That work was transferred to Wuhan.

And we don’t need to get the answers from China. We can simply ask for audit records from the NIH who should have done so as a sponsor of the research being conducted there.
I don't think it's refreshing to see researchers calling each other pretty terrible names without proof. I'd rather they simply argue their points.

With regard to probability, the probability that the WIV possessed the actual SARS-2 virus is extremely low and there's zero evidence that they did. Could they have secretly had it? Sure, but why would they hide it if they had been very likely all along to publish their work, like they had been doing for years on their CV gathering efforts in various caves and such? So, I'd say it's far less likely that they possessed it and it somehow leaked than it is that it naturally jumped like every other virus that has become a human pandemic in the past. I will grant you that if they did possess it, then it's probably just as likely it leaked or infected someone there and started a human transmission chain as happened with a leak there in 2004. However, the data still point to the wet market, over 10 miles away (and a 40 minute drive), as the starting point of the pandemic and many virologists find it unlikely that an infected lab worker started the ball rolling that far away, rather than in the facility they worked in.

That’s some round about thinking. If wet labs are the likely source then we would have seen many other examples of cross species transmission of diseases over the course of history. GLP failures are vastly more common. I watched these people in action. It’s scary.

Why hasn’t the NIH produced audit reports on the research they were sponsoring at Wuhan? That is key evidence and is required by regulation.

The only professors name I remember was Roy DeBoer who taught Landscape Architecture/ environmental design analysis class at Cook. Such an interesting class and a lot of his stuff I use to this day around the yard. I think everyone who went to Cook likely took this class. Other than that I barely went to any classes so hard to know the teachers

That’s some round about thinking. If wet labs are the likely source then we would have seen many other examples of cross species transmission of diseases over the course of history. GLP failures are vastly more common. I watched these people in action. It’s scary.

Why hasn’t the NIH produced audit reports on the research they were sponsoring at Wuhan? That is key evidence and is required by regulation.

Two countries, plus foreign and domestic agencies have been hiding things from the git.
They get busted lying often
Fauci denied NIH funding Wuhan and then admitted it did.
FBI and Dept of Energy supported leak

Fauci's NHI was also involved - in Montana - with infecting Bats with a Wuhan virus in 2018.

There has long been a discussion about a CV-19 like illness that began circulating after a global military event in Wuhan. Studies have supported that earlier outbreak - in October 2019. If someone wanted to spread a virus an event like that would have been attractive.

Personally I believe the lab leak (Israeli bio-weapon expert said as much after first weeks of Wuhan outbreak) and I don't think it was an accident. Some social leaders in China have said the virus was used to suppress Hong Kong protests raging out of control. CCP didn't want another Tienanmen.

Its also overlooked that Xi and CCP declared a "people's war" on US on 2019.
Experts say Xi never forgot how Reagan tipped the USSR into a break-up.
He feared the same thing being done to China and Trump spooked him
China practices mercantilism on US.
US fights back - "oops" a virus show-up after CCP war declaration.
Then a vaccine is rushed-out and now studies say there's a need for inhaled powder modality because intramuscular vaccines do not work for mucosal infections.

Then it turns out the synthetic spike proteins are a poison that the body cant turn off - and they travel the whole body and don't stay in the injection site as first declared. Add how therapeutics declared "safe" for decades were suddenly made monstrous. The denial of therapeutics effectively used around the world is another scandal. Mandates could only be used legally if no therapeutics existed so "poof" they vanished. "Warp Speed" protocol had only elderly getting jabbed and others getting therapeutics

"We have established the role of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, especially the S1 subunit, as pathogenic. It is also now apparent that widely biodistributed spike proteins, produced by mRNA and adenovectorDNA gene codes, induce a wide variety of diseases."

Almost 10% of the human genome is viral in origin and there are an estimated 380 trillion viruses in any human, plus, as per the 2nd link, "Of the thousands of pathogens known to infect humans, >70% are zoonotic and viral in nature. Diseases that are transmitted from vertebrate animals such as reptiles, mammals and birds to humans are defined as zoonoses." So you're way, way underestimating the historical record of viral zoonosis, which is why I keep saying it's far more likely that SARS-2 entered humans zoonotically, like so many others. Also, GLP failures with regard to how they could theoretically lead to a lab leak of a virus, while important, has only been an issue for a few dozen years. Again, think about Occam's Razor here.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20230519-the-viruses-that-helped-to-make-you-human

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...housands of pathogens,defined as zoonoses [2].

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT