ADVERTISEMENT

OT: This summer is set to be Cicada Mania!

Also coming is the Brood XXX which is known to have a ravenous sexual appetite. They come every 125 years and the last time they were here the male versions attacked many female animals in their degraded lust. Keep your pets indoors as these cicadas are also know as giant predator cicadas (Cicadarium Lustus Gigantus) and can be as large as 8 to 12 inches. Cats and small dogs are no match for these critters.

From Orkin.com:

Cicadas do not prey on other insects, are very unlikely to bite someone, do not suck blood, do not transmit any known diseases to people or animals and do not possess the type of mouthparts that enable them to consume the plants in your vegetable or flower gardens.
Once above ground, adults may feed on plant juices which can cause minimal damage to trees.

What brood did we have a few years ago? That was the most I've ever seen. Couldn't walk around Princeton with stepping on a few.

It’s going to be an interesting year to watch, from what some people are saying there will be much upheaval , disasters & everything else, some are even talking about solar flares or EMP attacks , one never knows but it’s always good to be prepared for an eventual emergency or disaster or whatever else may come our way ,,,,,
  • You should avoid eating cicadas if you have a seafood allergy, the FDA warns.

For the first time, will be happy not to be at my previous house. We were loaded with Cicada Killers even in normal years.
One year- over 700 hills or hives or whatever you call them. An exterminator came out 6 times before getting rid of them.

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
What eats cicadas:

For the first time, will be happy not to be at my previous house. We were loaded with Cicada Killers even in normal years.
One year- over 700 hills or hives or whatever you call them. An exterminator came out 6 times before getting rid of them.
Had these for years. Exterminators are useless because they only kill the bugs and not the eggs, so they come back year after year. After much research and trial and error, I mark the burrows during the day, then use a powder duster to apply a mixture of boric acid and Delta Dust after 9 pm when the bugs have returned from their daily hunting. Kills the bugs and the eggs. Went from having hoards flying around all July a few years back to last year only seeing about 5 for about of week last year and then none.

Reactions: JRZEER
my neighborhood is gonna be ground zero for those doggon Cicada Wasps!!!

What brood did we have a few years ago? That was the most I've ever seen. Couldn't walk around Princeton with stepping on a few.
We had brood X., 17 year cycle in 2021. It was crazy here in Northern Delaware.

Also coming is the Brood XXX which is known to have a ravenous sexual appetite. They come every 125 years and the last time they were here the male versions attacked many female animals in their degraded lust. Keep your pets indoors as these cicadas are also know as giant predator cicadas (Cicadarium Lustus Gigantus) and can be as large as 8 to 12 inches. Cats and small dogs are no match for these critters.
GTFO.

The 2013 cycle was pretty bad
Was working in Warren at the time and they were loud, and a few flew into me while walking outside
Good times

Neither of these broods will be in New Jersey. Ground zero for this phenomenon will be Illinois and Missouri.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT