ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone familiar with these professors?

What difference would it make if they had specific experience in virology? They both have experience in bacterial pathogens.

Sheehan, B., Klarsfeld, A., Ebright, R. and Cossart, P. (1996) A single substitution in the putative helix-turn-helix motif of the pleiotropic activator PrfA attenuates Listeria monocytogenes virulence. Mol. Microbiol. 20, 785-797.

Sullivan, S., Horn, P., Olson, V., Koop, A., Niu, W., Ebright, R., and Triezenberg, S. (1998) Mutational analysis of the transcriptional activation region of the VP16 protein of herpes simplex virus. Nucl. Acids Res. 26, 4487-4496.

Ubiquitous promoter-localization of essential virulence regulators in Francisella tularensis.
Ramsey KM, Osborne ML, Vvedenskaya IO, Su C, Nickels BE, Dove SL.

Effects of Increasing the Affinity of CarD for RNA Polymerase on Mycobacterium tuberculosis Growth, rRNA Transcription, and Virulence.
Garner AL, Rammohan J, Huynh JP, Onder LM, Chen J, Bae B, Jensen D, Weiss LA, Manzano AR, Darst SA, Campbell EA, Nickels BE, Galburt EA, Stallings CL.

Implementing governmental oversight of enhanced potential pandemic pathogen research.
Ebright RH, MacIntyre R, Dudley JP, Butler CD, Goffinet A, Hammond E, Harris ED, Kakeya H, Lambrinidou Y, Leitenberg M, Newman SA, Nickels BE, Rahalkar MC, Ridley MW, Salzberg SL, Seshadri H, Theißen G, VanDongen AM, Washburne A.

Do you really not know the difference between bacteria and viruses? Other than both being very small they have very little in common

Reactions: RU848789
Do you really not know the difference between bacteria and viruses? Other than both being very small they have very little in common
Yeah I do. What's your point? You are going to challenge the credentials of a Professor if Chemical biology on his opinion that what Fauci and his unions funded was reckless and dangerous? And they tried to cover their tracks, obfuscated, and silenced their critics.

Seriously, that question was serious?

Last edited:
Yeah I do. What's your point? You are going to challenge the credentials of a Professor if Chemical biology on his opinion that what Fauci and his unions funded was reckless and dangerous? And they tried to cover their tracks, obfuscated, and silenced their critics.

Seriously, that question was serious?

Yes I definitely challenge their credentials to speak as experts on this topic.

And I actually know a lot more than Richard or Bryce do about this. Even they would have to admit that was true.

If this was a discussion on transcriptional control of prokaryotic gene expression, I would listen to Bryce and Doug. On the need for vaccines, the development of vaccines, the effectiveness of vaccines and the safety of vaccines, YOUR opinion carries as much weight as theirs. And opinions are all they are putting out there - no data, no facts, no hypothesis, etc. Without any of that, they are not speaking as scientists and they should not be represented as scientists.

Madame Curie had Nobel Prizes in chemistry and physics.
Steve Jobs, Wozniak, Zuckerberg, Gates - all dropped out of college.
Wright Bros were bike mechanics, Henry Ford finished 8th grade, Tom Edison was self-taught.

Its kinda hive mentality to think a Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology with a Harvard PhD in microbiology and chemical genetics (and a 15 yr investigator for Howard Hughes Medical Institute) can't be insightful about a virus. Its not like he's cooking eggs in a diner lol

Reactions: Cadyam1
Yes I definitely challenge their credentials to speak as experts on this topic.

And I actually know a lot more than Richard or Bryce do about this. Even they would have to admit that was true.

If this was a discussion on transcriptional control of prokaryotic gene expression, I would listen to Bryce and Doug. On the need for vaccines, the development of vaccines, the effectiveness of vaccines and the safety of vaccines, YOUR opinion carries as much weight as theirs. And opinions are all they are putting out there - no data, no facts, no hypothesis, etc. Without any of that, they are not speaking as scientists and they should not be represented as scientists.
Respectfully, I think you are looking at the "topic" far too narrowly. I work in a field where we retain experts on a wide range of technical issues.

The issue here is lab safety and the suspension on funding of research on dangerous pathogens. So no, MY opinion does not carry as much weight as theirs.

You seem to want to make this about something more complicated when it is not. As I said before, the side of this that sidestepped restrictions and may very well be partially responsible for the pandemic seem to want to sidestep this simple issue and sweep under that carpet their own e-mails and documents that indicated that wanted to cover up their misdeeds and silence any fair debate on the topic. This is unfortunate considering the enormous harm the virus inflicted on the world. It seems kind of odd that any scientist would not be more curious on the source of the virus. But it is pretty evident why those that complained about those asking questions complained. The facts are more than likely uncomfortable truths.

Reactions: rumarine
Lol this thread. Some still can’t/wont admit that the so called “experts” got it wrong during the pandemic. Complete fools

I have to laugh how that article automatically assumes the zootonic transfer of the virus from animals to humans.

From personal experience in China, their technical skills are not well developed. Their biosafety practices are weak, even with the best facilities and equipment available. They just don’t know how to use it or maintain it. They’re not well supervised. A lab leak is highly plausible.
Zootonic ? Wtf is zootonic ?

Zootonic ? Wtf is zootonic ?

What this guy drinks:

GettyImages-1195887867.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Postman_1
Ebright is a bright guy and a Howard Hughes investigator as I recall, but he is also a prick and thinks he is always right no matter the subject. I had his wife as a TA twice for organic chem discussion back in the late 80s and did lab work down the hall from his lab in Waksman at the time. Ebright also hates college sports and rails incessantly about Rutgers spending on athletics. The attached article is very similar to his rants about college athletics in that he digs in, thinks he knows more than anyone else and then throws a hissy fit when anyone disagrees,
These RU profs seem like complete a-holes regardless of what side of the debate they are on.

And yes, Fauci f'ed up so many times that he quickly lost all credibility. Lots of folks think COVID became a binary issue (pro/con, science/conspiracy, deadly/fake, vax/no-vax). Take a step back. It's much more complex.

These RU profs seem like complete a-holes regardless of what side of the debate they are on.

And yes, Fauci f'ed up so many times that he quickly lost all credibility. Lots of folks think COVID became a binary issue (pro/con, science/conspiracy, deadly/fake, vax/no-vax). Take a step back. It's much more complex.
Yes, Ebright in particular is an a-hole no matter how you cut it and no matter what side of the argument you may come down on.

Reactions: T2Kplus20

T was he your mentor at RU?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT