ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball, Basketball or Football Card Collectors?

NJFAN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
If anyone on the board is a Baseball, Basketball or Football Card Collector or holds such cards, I would like to get your direction.

I have several quality cards, sets, etc., but I am looking to get rid of them. However, I am not completely sure how the process works these days or who is a legitimate source to evaluate and then sell the collection.

Does anyone have any experience with this and if so, what are your recommendations?

You can check completed sales on eBay to get an idea of what they sell for. This is a great way for determining value IMO.

If anyone on the board is a Baseball, Basketball or Football Card Collector or holds such cards, I would like to get your direction.

I have several quality cards, sets, etc., but I am looking to get rid of them. However, I am not completely sure how the process works these days or who is a legitimate source to evaluate and then sell the collection.

Does anyone have any experience with this and if so, what are your recommendations?
Basically if you cards aren't rated (link above to PSA is your best bet), they are hard to value. If you have any card shops nearby you might try going to a few with what you think is most valuable and see if you get a consensus on next steps. Can possibly accomplish the same at some local card shows:

How about if you just want to get rid of a bunch of cards from the 70s and 80s? I don't know if any are of value, but I have a few shoeboxes full.

How about if you just want to get rid of a bunch of cards from the 70s and 80s? I don't know if any are of value, but I have a few shoeboxes full.
I'd imagine to get any value, you would need to get them rated.

Perhaps go thru the boxes and pick a couple you think are valuable and get them looked at. From there you can decide if it's worth doing the whole lot.

Reactions: Scarlet4Shore
Check eBay to see going rate
You will see rated vs unrated sale prices.

Could be $10 vs $100’s if card is in great shape

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT