ADVERTISEMENT

OT, Best easy home cooking recipes, Trying to make Cap'n Crunch Chicken

Exit117

Sophomore
Oct 19, 2003
Had these years ago at the TD Club Meetings, and I know Cedar Grove Catering made them. I'd love to hear from you cooks out there with some of your ideas and proven recipes.

CGC still makes them as of 2 years ago. I don't have the recipe, but would also like to know it!

I make a "healthy" version of these for my kids all the time. I don't fry them because the sugar in the cereal carmelizes and sticks to the pan, so unless you are deep frying it's better to bake. I don't do the flour, milk, egg wash before breading. I cheat by painting the cutlets with light mayonnaise and then breading in a 1/2 crushed cereal, 1/2 Italian bread crumb mixture and bake on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. I spray the cutlets also to get a crispy outside.

I prefer frosted flakes...but that's just me....basically u take ur chicken breast and dip kt in an egg wash...then coat in flour....dip again in an egg wash....then coat with ur favorite cereal (its a lot easier when broken up in a plastic bag first)....my preferred method is deep fry as it only takes a few minutes... but u can bake it also (375° for about 25-30min...or til internal temp is 165°)....actually made these as part of chicken & waffle breakfast at my Michigan tailgate!! Huge hit!!!

By the way, an alternative to this recipe is to replace the Cap'n Crunch with Frosted Flakes or Potato Chips. Potato Chip Chicken is a favorite around here, although I find it too salty.

Originally posted by CranfordKnight:
By the way, an alternative to this recipe is to replace the Cap'n Crunch with Frosted Flakes or Potato Chips. Potato Chip Chicken is a favorite around here, although I find it too salty.
One of the guys at work makes this and calls it "Sammy Sosa Chicken" because it's always a home run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT