ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best on-line international flight web site

wcfan10

Sophomore
Feb 22, 2010
I'm looking to go to Europe this year and I was wondering where can you get the best fares ?
thanks for your input.

Try google flights. If you want a good fare try WOW Air. They fly through Iceland and you can lay over there if you want.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Flights typically are going to be the same whether you look on the airline website, Expedia, or orbitz. The third party sites do make it easier to see which airline has the best rate though.

Just a few tips and tricks.
1) be flexible on your destination and dates
2) look at the small airports like Gatwick in London vs Heathrow too.
3) keep an eye on low fare alerts and deals on travel sites like skyscnner.
4) when your mind is made up, use a VPN to change your country location. Sometimes the country where you are traveling to or the airlines home country will provide a better rate . You’ll pay in the local currency but can be worth it.

Reactions: redking
ITA Matrix is what some hack travelers use, booking can be difficult thought. Just booked a JFK-CDG round trip for $435 in July!

I'm going to Paris this fall and I found 2 tickets a month ago for Economy Premium for a little over $500 each flying out of Newark on United. I just keep checking the united website till I found this deal.

I'm going to Paris this fall and I found 2 tickets a month ago for Economy Premium for a little over $500 each flying out of Newark on United. I just keep checking the united website till I found this deal.

I agree. I am taking my two young children (6 and 10) to London and Paris in April for Springbreak. We fly into London and return via Paris. The round trip airfare on Economy Plus was less than 1000 for the 3 of us.

Travelocity is excellent for booking everything. You can get great deals by booking flight, transportation and hotel together. I have used Travelocity on many occasions and they have been on point every time. You can get Travelocity online coupon codes at Retailmenot to use at check out. I have found coupon codes of between
$50-150 off total price at checkout. Good luck.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Agree with this. Flying out of JFK is about one third less on average from my experience.

United’s lock on the Newark Gates has the cost of flying through there prohibitive.
JFK is a better option.

For me going from HCMC it costs about $200 less round trip to go through JFK than Newark. I've had round trip airfare for less than $800.

I flew from EWR to Phuket via Hong Kong on Cathay for under $800. Most recent trip to Bangkok was just over, stop in Manila. Phlippines Airways going to have daily service from JFK starting this month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT