ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big Heatwave/EDIT: Debbie passes well to west but band of showers and squall line and tornado watch to get thru

75 (according to our thermometer) and sunny here in Atlantic City. Should be good for walking in to see Frankie Valli at Hard Rock...

It Was windy and chilly at Monmouth Beach today.

The water also freezing - but still a good beach day nonetheless

Just some chicken rain here in my parts
It was in and out quick but a couple of good thunderclaps and a downpour. Notable only because we haven’t had any storms here in a while. Last Friday blew through relatively dry.

Excuse me. "I think of them first".

No worries, just my DJ persona coming to the fore. It's amazing how much trivia and tidbits I soaked up while running my DJ sideline at RU and after for 24 years. Talk about useless knowledge!
5V6RYAJ.gif

Reactions: 29PAS
In a heavy thunderstorm right now, temperature went from 95° to 79° over the course of 20 minutes.

Got 0.06” of rain earlier. It seemed to cool off a bit since then. Just ate at Papas home now out back enjoying a Padron and some Cape May’s. Very comfortable out

Got a half inch of rain in about 25 minutes from the storm, knocked the temperature all the way down to 77°.

6 day heatwave will be 7 after tomorrow. Monday may see a break with highs only in the mid 80s before a shot at 90 on Tuesday and then low to mid 90s on Wednesday

here are my highs

Monday: 90
Tuesday: 95
Wednesday: 93
Thursday: 95
Friday: 98
Saturday: 100

Was a hot one at the Turtleback Zoo in West Orange today (niece's first birthday party), but at least the pavilion kept the sun off of us, making it bearable with a light breeze - they also had a misting station right near us, which the kids (and adults) loved. Showers missed us to the south in the afternoon, although they cooled off Metuchen nicely, which was down to 83F when we got back around 5 pm, so I squeezed in a round of disc golf before sunset. Got nearly 1/4" in t-storms this evening.

Still stayed cool at the immediate coast, although it was a "thinner" area of coolness from the southerly winds. For example, the high in Seaside was 83F, while the high in Toms River, about 7 miles inland, was 99F.

Reactions: newell138
Hard to believe it’s chilly anywhere in the state today.

It is very hot 🥵

-vic
It was actually a little chilly on the beach and all around town. On the mainland yesterday it was high 90s, cross the bridge and it was low 80s and cooler in the beach. Cold water and a sea breeze have definitely kept us cool during the whole heatwave

Was already scorching when we left Northern Howell at 10:30 yesterday morning, upon arrival in Monmouth Beach at 11 it was pleasant, and leaving Monmouth Beach at 2:30 it was windy and chilly

6 day heatwave will be 7 after tomorrow. Monday may see a break with highs only in the mid 80s before a shot at 90 on Tuesday and then low to mid 90s on Wednesday

here are my highs

Monday: 90
Tuesday: 95
Wednesday: 93
Thursday: 95
Friday: 98
Saturday: 100
Ouch. Working outside must have sucked big time.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It was actually a little chilly on the beach and all around town. On the mainland yesterday it was high 90s, cross the bridge and it was low 80s and cooler in the beach. Cold water and a sea breeze have definitely kept us cool during the whole heatwave
This right there.

The ocean is still pretty cold, was in the lates 50s earlier this week, so that sea breeze does its job.

True story about the island - I was in South Seaside Park yesterday - Toms River was 99 degrees and on the beach it was COLD...probably low 70's with constant wind....and so cold that we needed to leave. It was like nature's air conditioning with a south wind blowing cold water/wind over the beach. It was unbelievable in the literal.

it helped by the end of the week we were stopping before 2..first couple of days getting acclimated are sometimes the worst
We did the no lunch(no one wants to eat in this) and stopped before 2 this week. By the end of Thursday, we looked like a gang that got the sh*t beat out of them in a street fight. I called off the brutality for Friday as I knew I would get little to no productivity and just be wasting money. Everyone was relieved.

Reactions: bac2therac
Decent storm rolling through No. Plfd. right now.
Came in around 4pm here AH/Highlands. Big winds first then crazy rain/big winds. One of the most intense storms I've seen. We were without power till 8 am this morning.

We did the no lunch(no one wants to eat in this) and stopped before 2 this week. By the end of Thursday, we looked like a gang that got the sh*t beat out of them in a street fight. I called off the brutality for Friday as I knew I would get little to no productivity and just be wasting money. Everyone was relieved.
The cumulative effect takes its toll..i still hit the gym every evening and did a killer leg workout Thursday but Friday workout was a different story...drained and ive been laying low trying to restore energy levels for the week ahead

Reactions: Knight Shift
The cumulative effect takes its toll..i still hit the gym every evening and did a killer leg workout Thursday but Friday workout was a different story...drained and ive been laying low trying to restore energy levels for the week ahead

We (me, da wife and younger son Corey) were at my company picnic on Thursday, just too damn hot in the sun to do anything. We ended up coming back around 3:30, crashed for a couple of hours, and were still too wiped to make the gym that night. The heat just drains you.

No worries, just my DJ persona coming to the fore. It's amazing how much trivia and tidbits I soaked up while running my DJ sideline at RU and after for 24 years. Talk about useless knowledge!
5V6RYAJ.gif
I have a bit of that floating around also. Too much!

Pouring concrete and doing masonry in this heat will rip the soul right out of you. A 94 lb. bag of Portland in this starts to feel like 300 lbs. These are the types of grueling weeks the boss has to step in more to keep things going and get spirits up. This weekend, I want nothing to do with the outside world.

it helped by the end of the week we were stopping before 2..first couple of days getting acclimated are sometimes the worst
In Arizona, many of the construction workers, landscapers, etc start at 6 a.m. an finish by around 1 p.m. Never looked into it, but assume the local ordinances allow it--makes perfect sense- gives the people working outside some relief.

Reactions: bac2therac
Came in around 4pm here AH/Highlands. Big winds first then crazy rain/big winds. One of the most intense storms I've seen. We were without power till 8 am this morning.
Looked pretty bad in several spots. We got a little drizzle down in Manasquan area.

74185801007-ah-power-outage-2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT