ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Caitlin Clark is the NIL champ

She'd likely have to do more than date Kelce. No matter who she dated she is not going to equal Swift's level of fame since she is a world wide phenom. Clark is only known to college sports fans, and that has likely peaked. She will be less famous once she goes to the WNBA

I have to disagree with the "only known to college sports fans". I would say that she's known to sports fans, but also giving the amount of publicity that she's received over the past year she's known to a heck of a lot of other people who are becoming college sports fans.

The game last night between Iowa - LSU had 12.3 million people watching. The most watched college basketball game ever. Not just WBB game, ANY basketball game.
I can guarantee you they are not all college sports fans.

Reactions: ManasquanMike
I have to disagree with the "only known to college sports fans". I would say that she's known to sports fans, but also giving the amount of publicity that she's received over the past year she's known to a heck of a lot of other people who are becoming college sports fans.

The game last night between Iowa - LSU had 12.3 million people watching. The most watched college basketball game ever. Not just WBB game, ANY basketball game.
I can guarantee you they are not all college sports fans.

Most watched game on “ESPN” but yes she is very widely known and my prediction stands that this will be the peak of her notoriety

Reactions: bac2therac
She's the most 'must watch' athlete in the world right now.

1. She is an excellent player. Great vision, basketball IQ, and range.

2. She is playing a different game right now then everyone else. Her range creates spacing issues, which she exploits. While obviously not as athletic as the men, she plays the game as well as anyone.

3. She shows up in the big moments.

4. Right now, she is the equivalent of Tiger Woods or early Steph Curry or Randall Cunningham. You have to see what she'll do next and how others will catch up to her and change how they play to adapt.

2. She is playing a different game right now then everyone else. Her range creates spacing issues, which she exploits. While obviously not as athletic as the men, she plays the game as well as anyone.

4. Right now, she is the equivalent of Tiger Woods or early Steph Curry or Randall Cunningham. You have to see what she'll do next and how others will catch up to her and change how they play to adapt.

NBA players agree with you...

Of course; but it's funny that his daughter is so sports-oriented that she thinks of Taylor Swift only in terms of being a spectator at Travis Kelce's games.
I've said all along that the whole Kelce-Swift crap on TV is on the networks and she's just trying to watch a football game. Not a Swift fan at all, but I wish they would just leave her alone as I'm tired of watching all of it

I've said all along that the whole Kelce-Swift crap on TV is on the networks and she's just trying to watch a football game. Not a Swift fan at all, but I wish they would just leave her alone as I'm tired of watching all of it
Every Cowboy game Jerry Jones seems to be shown as often as Dak throws a pass.

Reactions: rrdd2021

i was kind of surprised to see she doesn't have much of a bag when chased off the line and gets into lane. looks to pass immediately, (almost too soon). has no runner that i've seen. never seen her try a half rondo/full rondo, etc

ESPN has really played up the "drama" with these women's NCAA games. Caitlin Clark is amazing and I watched the game, and the game afterwards. Paige Bueckers and the girl from USC are also really damn good.

I think ESPN has slyly pushed a race narrative here. The majority white Iowa with white Caitlin Clark vs. the majority black LSU and black Angel Reese. See their special media posts and the comments. It quickly turns into a race war. People are so tribal by nature that it makes them super intrigued by these types of things.

i was kind of surprised to see she doesn't have much of a bag when chased off the line and gets into lane. looks to pass immediately, (almost too soon). has no runner that i've seen. never seen her try a half rondo/full rondo, etc
That's something the announcers have said she will need to work on at the next level.

Reactions: bac2therac
LOL. Zero logic from Wilson. I guess he doesn’t realize the WNBA loses money every year

Is minor league baseball a money maker because this is less than late round baseball draft picks get.

She needs a makeover

jK3A5cT.jpeg

Can someone please explain the logic here? Athletes and actors are paid based upon the return on investment so equal pay doesn't apply whether they think its fair or not. Its the same reason Scarlett Johansson is paid more to do a film than most male actors. Using this same logic, all players should just be paid the same salary regardless of skill level.

Can someone please explain the logic here? Athletes and actors are paid based upon the return on investment so equal pay doesn't apply whether they think its fair or not. Its the same reason Scarlett Johansson is paid more to do a film than most male actors. Using this same logic, all players should just be paid the same salary regardless of skill level.

for one why is this old fool tweeting about this issue with all the major fires out there...guess what...wnba does not bring in money full stop...too bad

Reactions: newell138

Its just hive-speak.
Say something that sounds justice-ish and the hive buzzes and coos
The less serious the issue the better
Military families need food stamps but WNBA is sufferin!

"Cracker of the Day" from Antonio Brown.
This girl is going to get lots of abuse

Antonio Brown is a racist POS. Unfortunately he doesn’t get called out for it in the media. She gets a lot of hate for simply being white. That’s a shame as she has done more for women’s basketball than just about anyone in recent memory.
She’s a great player hopefully she continues to add popularity to the game.

Bye bye Title 9...now gender indentity based with requirements for proper pronoun use
If you're referring to the Biden Administration's new rules interpreting Title IX, then note:

"While the regulations released on Friday contained considerably stronger protections for L.G.B.T.Q. students, the administration steered clear of the lightning-rod issue of whether transgender students should be able to play on school sports teams corresponding to their gender identity." https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/19/...e_code=1.mE0.hcre.oBObTOSppj5A&smid=url-share

Reactions: MADHAT1
Nice to see some women getting their due. Just watched the women's Jordan Brand Classic. Joyce Edwards will be the next Clark. Unfortunately she will be going to South Carolina. McMiller going to RU and will be the team's star player in the next year or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT