ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cam Spencer UCONN practice video? Re: The Sleepers…

Rutgers hype train building already!

Some pretty good analysis here as well. Agree with the one guy take on Paul and Cam. Paul not as good of a fit with the roster and moving him off ball since he isn't a willing shooter. Cam would have thrived with better guard play and shooters around him
The guy on the left was good in this and the guy in the right was a typical whiny wannabe like many posters on this board. He liked RU which is cool but typical put down artist and probably couldn’t play on a U14 AAU at 30 years old.

My gut tells me Cam may have fit better than Paul this year but who cares. I loved Cam last year but he seems to have wanted the ball at all times. He delivered most games too. Paul was more of a distributor team first guy who would do whatever Pike wanted him to do. So I can’t definitively say Paul would not have fit with the current team and I cannot say Cam would have fit better though on paper that seems to be the right thought process.

Stop with the Gavin vs Cam nonsense. We would have had both. Both would have played a ton.

It's Cam vs Williams that's the real discussion
Seems like they are looking for a way to play Gavin at 2 guard...I don't mind that at all..he's pretty fluid with his ball handling, havent seen him under pressure though, idk if his handle is sufficient enough to leave Fernandes out there with only Gavin..

Last edited:
The one guy on the video called Paul a good stats, bad team player. Paul can't carry a team without a true star (Geo or Ron) at his side. The same guy said Cam is a good player, but Cam isn't a top 3 player on a good team. Bottom line, Paul and Cam, as top 3 players, could only get Rutgers to the NIT with a first-round loss.

I think Cam would have a better overall season this year because he would be surrounded by better players who would take the focus on him. Still not sure what Paul's role would be on this team with the ball not in his hands. It might be what we saw in Paul's first year, which wasn't great.
Which, given Paul never actually put up good stats nor played on a bad RU team, doesn't add up.

I don't even think he could put up good stats on a bad team. Maybe at a lower level, but not on a bad power 5 team.

Paul's a good all around glue guy who is lacking in the individual offense department. I think that's a much better description.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I say it as gavin is replacing him in the starting lineup

Pre cam leaving it was 50-50 gavin would be starting people said. Now its a 100% lock since paul and cam are gone

Pre cam leaving people were thinking

Noah
Cam
Paul
Mag
Cliff
If Gavin is as good as we hope, he would have gotten significant minutes no matter if Cam stayed or not.

After watching the Portugal game twice now, Paul would still have the ball in his hands a lot. Pike allows Hyatt and Palmquist to bring the ball up whenever they want - a recipe for disaster in Big 10 play. Paul is also a better defender and rebounder than both of them. Too bad he wouldn't accept a reduced and different roll. And Paul has already shown he can carry a team. I seem to remember a certain four game stretch when he saved the season.
1) I didn't even know Palm's was back so that's good news to me.

2)I doubt we see that in the B1G. But I like seeing it in these situations. Especially for Palm's, a guy I see as having a lot of potential, but has had problems finding his game at RU. I think just having the ball in his hands helps him find a comfort level.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Stop. Cam is very good player

that being said, f*** him.
Maybe. He's kind of an asshole though. I was behind bench for Madison, WI game, and he screamed F*CK so loud when he got subbed out everyone could hear it, including all the kids. He's a hot head. Good luck to him in Connecticut. I like our current guys.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Cam is making the most of his college eligibility.
The transfer rule in place make fer mercenary players liiking to showcase themselves .
Spencer started out at Loyola of Maryland, after 3 years there moved up to Rutgers and proved to be a good pick-up
Seeing an oppertunity that he thought would help him showcase his talents even more, on to UConn and a better chance of being on a NCAA Championship team then he felt Rutgers could provide.
Can helped RU MBB be a winner and that deserves our thanks, but Spencer is a mercenary giving his talents to the highest bidder or help his future in the game after his college career is over , maybe just having a better chance to be part of a National Championship program was the reason he went to UConn.

I don't wish Cam ill or success this season just hope he he stays injury free because he was a good one year rental after he left Loyola of Maryland for Rutgers

Agreed. Hes a set shooter and good 3 point shooter.

- cant create his own shot
- weak handle
- gets his shit punched every time he drives to the cup

He is what he is. Hes a good guy to have off the bench on a team with aspirations to make a deep run. If hes a go to guy for your team thats not a good thing
No one told the realtor he’s gonna be starting for the the defending champs and preseason top ten team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT