ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chick Flicks you liked

And here are a few I haven't seen listed yet, surprisingly

Summer of 42 (my favorite as a kid - Jennifer O'Neill - sigh)
Serendipity (probably my favorite "pure" chick flick)
Crazy Stupid Love
P.S. I Love You
27 Dresses
Letters to Juliet
Pitch Perfect
Sorry, need to 👎 on that one. Katherine Heigl is so unlikeable on and off screen it just doesn’t do it for me.

One more to add for me. The only reason I watch chick flicks with the wife is to watch the chicks in the movie. I am also a big “fan” of Amy Adams.
I loved her in Trouble with the Curve.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM94goRU
The remake of “Sabrina” with Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear and Julia Ormond.

“That Thing You Do” - You can tell Tom Hanks had fun with this one. Steve Zahn is hilarious. The Tom Everett Scott and Liv Tyler storyline was nice. And we get to see a VERY pretty Charlize Theron too.
Like the original Sabrina too... and yeah.. that thing you do.. I think its more of a throwback to similar 60s movies.. Hold On! (The Herman Hermits movie).. the Beatles movies.. chick flicks.. sorta

How about "Enchanted" with Amy Adams?

"Easy A" and "La La Land" with Emma Stone

"Clueless" and "Legally Blonde"

"Bring It On".. yeah.. the Cheerleader flick.. and "Stick It".. the Gymnastics flick

Does "Hard Candy" count as a chick flick?

Just about any movie with a good story, good dialog, good acting, good production values... whatever the topic I'll like it as long as it makes you feel something other than disdain for some characters.. if there is someone to root for.. count me in.

Three that I've always enjoyed and haven't seen mentioned:
The Proposal
Sweat Home Alabama
and not sure if it quite fits, Summer Catch

The Devil Wears Prada,

I cringed walking in, however, I really didn't mind watching Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt all dolled up for an hour and a half. My future wife asked, "how'd you like it", I responded, "the casting was awesome".
Same here but I also have a huge crush on Meryl Streep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT