ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Copa America 2024 Thread

Ref got that wrong, IMO. Adam’s lucky to not have rolled his ankle.
But nothing has been as bad as "playing on" after pulling out the yellow card, which is not supposed to happen as Machnik explained. If U had scored, I really wonder what would have happened, i.e., could VAR review that? And no yellows yet on U?

But nothing has been as bad as "playing on" after pulling out the yellow card, which is not supposed to happen as Machnik explained. If U had scored, I really wonder what would have happened, i.e., could VAR review that? And no yellows yet on U?
Worst officiating I can recall in an international game. Laughably bad.

The ref is something else. The pitch itself is the other dog doo doo situation tonight.

I'm not sure why we are so intent on playing out from the back. Passes back to turner have been lazy and he's not good with the ball. Whole reason why arsenal gave up on him.

Other than that, we've been aggressive and have snuffed out the counter. Fede Valverde has been pretty invisible and Nunez has been mostly contained. Good half from us in spite of the officiating. Just need to find the back of the net.

I disagree (with the commentators) that the US has played a really good first half. Tough, physical, high-energy, yes. Good tactically and technically, not so much.

US is being abused in the midfield right now. GB appears to have the mids playing fairly high and they keep getting caught chasing the ball from behind. I know we need to score, but these tactics seem more likely to give away a goal.

I would swap McKennie and Reyna around so Reyna is a bit more forward and McKennie is a bit more defensive.

US not nearly as crisp this half, as the game has gotten ragged with fouls and shitty reffing. Need to make some subs, IMO.

US has little quality on the bench. Reyna looks exhausted from running on D too much.

No reason this VAR takes this long and they got it wrong LMAO.

Team USA stinks! Always have. Always will. Just not a soccer country. Time to forget it as a sport. It’s embarrassing

Uruguay has a population of 3MM people

Whoever is in charge of US soccer is as bad as the ref.

Game is out of control and US soccer is the same as it ever was.

Looking bleak with Panama up 2-1 - we need 2 goals now. And how was that not a yellow on the guy who fouled Pulisic?

I don't think the offside on the goal was nearly as clearcut as the announcers stated. It looked to me like it was probably offside, but not necessarily conclusive. I had no problem with the ruling that the call on the field stands.

Reactions: CERU00 and mildone
I don't think the offside on the goal was nearly as clearcut as the announcers stated. It looked to me like it was probably offside, but not necessarily conclusive. I had no problem with the ruling that the call on the field stands.
The ref was atrocious tonight. But I don’t think that was part of it.

Mrs Reyna really hurt US Soccer. Berhalter should have been canned after the WC. They couldn’t fire him after the Reyna fiasco making it seem like mommy was in charge of US soccer. But he should have been.

What a mess. Can’t get out of a group stage in a regional tournament we host.

From a soccer perspective the technical skills around the goal are really poor. It’s a trait of US soccer as old as time.

Team can’t finish

Reactions: superfan01
Watching the Uruguayan players with the ball at their feet, then seeing the US players with heavy touch after heavy touch… we really don’t look that close to relevant.

Mckennie was quite poor this tournament. Thought he should have been the one to come off instead of musah. But he's one of the untouchables for GB.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
No way GBH gets fired. If the US Women’s collective bargaining rumors are true they won’t be able to afford it.

Glad Lalas is pissed.

Doesn’t matter. Needed to elect Wynalda to shake up the federation. Otherwise it’s business was as usual.

Really bad showing. I think the US lineup was slightly flawed tonight, with Reyna misused. Ref sucked, but the US never played well enough tonight to earn the win. A win would’ve been lucky or gritty, not talented or tactical.

I actually agree with what Lalas just said. The players are talented players but not very talented in their roles on the USMNT.

Lack of depth is a killer. Why is M Robinson not playing?

Reactions: ScarletDave
If the US doesn't get rid of Berhalter and make other changes, then they don't really care. All you need to see is him telling his team the score of another game in a crucial situation. Cone and Crocker should also go. Clean house. The entire organization is lost.

If that’s true it tells you how much of a joke men’s soccer in the US is. No country that cares about the sport would allow this to continue based off compensating a women’s team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT