ADVERTISEMENT

OT: COVID Science - Pfizer/Moderna vaccines >90% effective; Regeneron antibody cocktail looks very promising in phase II/III trial and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden and Harris trashed on vaccine on numerous occasions. Now cut the political crap or you will get another thread locked. The CE board has a thread.
Unfortunately, the mods seem to have stopped moderating this thread completely and I was simply responding to a political post by someone else. And you know Biden never trashed the vaccine - he only criticized the potential unsupported rushing of the vaccine to market and has been very complimentary of OWS's efforts in developing the vaccines.

Hahahahahaha this is your proof? Stop and take the nonsense to the CE board. Your proof that they trash talked the vaccine is basically an opinion piece. They said they trust the science and not trump. Duh.

An opinion piece that counts wanting transparency on vaccine approval as its smoking gun on "trash talking the vaccine." Not worth the ink needed to print it.

The "cautious" crew on this board has trashed the vaccine much harder than that.

Hahahahahaha this is your proof? Stop and take the nonsense to the CE board. Your proof that they trash talked the vaccine is basically an opinion piece. They said they trust the science and not trump. Duh.

The point was them not trusting Trump with getting the vaccine out quickly. I dont think Trump would've let a vaccine start getting injected into people that could hurt them but biden and harris made it seem like he would. If the vaccine was out and available to people it would have been scientifically tested already. Duh

The point was them not trusting Trump with getting the vaccine out quickly. I dont think Trump would've let a vaccine start getting injected into people that could hurt them but biden and harris made it seem like he would. If the vaccine was out and available to people it would have been scientifically tested already. Duh
Dude you are embarrassing yourself. Stop. Trump has nothing to do with the vaccine. They were saying they don’t trust trump like 80% of the rest of the world.

you are approaching bob/bac territory. I’m not discussing this anymore on this thread. Please take your nonsense to the CE board. Goodbye

Another potential therapeutic for treating Covid-19.

PITT-led NIH trial platform shows blood thinners decrease need for life support in Covid 19 patients.

Early results of the trial, which is part of a three trial platform consortium spanning 300 hospitals worldwide, found that full doses of Heparin, a blood thinner were not only safe, but reduced the need for vital organ support, such as ventilation.

The researches say that adopting the cheap, readily available treatment could help reduce the burden on intensive care units.

RU848789 do you have any thoughts or comments on this potential treatment.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Dude you are embarrassing yourself. Stop. Trump has nothing to do with the vaccine. They were saying they don’t trust trump like 80% of the rest of the world.

you are approaching bob/bac territory. I’m not discussing this anymore on this thread. Please take your nonsense to the CE board. Goodbye

They created distrust in the vaccine which wasn't needed..stop making excuses

And I'm the moron, lol, doofus.

Reactions: bac2therac
You've created more distrust in the vaccine than they have.

Or tried, anyway.
The distrust was caused by DT pressuring the drug companies to release the drug before elections, pressuring the FDA to speed up approval. The distrust was not against the vaccines but against a process that would push the drug into the public without the proven benchmarks used to approve other drugs and vaccines. Your process (@bac) of analysis is either horribly inept or purposely deceitful.

Last edited:
Another potential therapeutic for treating Covid-19.

PITT-led NIH trial platform shows blood thinners decrease need for life support in Covid 19 patients.

Early results of the trial, which is part of a three trial platform consortium spanning 300 hospitals worldwide, found that full doses of Heparin, a blood thinner were not only safe, but reduced the need for vital organ support, such as ventilation.

The researches say that adopting the cheap, readily available treatment could help reduce the burden on intensive care units.

RU848789 do you have any thoughts or comments on this potential treatment.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I recall reading about the cardiovascular issues with clotting and more, before (see post linked below), and remember thinking that if blood clots are such a big issue with COVID, why not consider blood thinners. I worked on a drug in the late 90s, Aggrastat, a fibrinogen receptor antagonist, which was shown to be superior to heparin for preventing 2nd heart attacks, plus my father-in-law was on heparin for years, so it seemed like an obvious thought. Good to see it being evaluated and showing promise, especially since its safety profile is known so well and it's dirt cheap - will be nice to see the paper when it comes out.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...es-interventions-and-more.191275/post-4585929

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
The distrust was caused by DT pressuring the drug companies to release the drug before elections, pressuring the FDA to speed up approval. The distrust was not against the vaccines but against a process that would push the drug into the public without the proven benchmarks used to approve other drugs and vaccines. Your process (@bac) of analysis is either horribly inept or purposely deceitful.

The vaccine announcement was delayed til after the election..hows that for politics

. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), the Democratic vice presidential nominee, didn't exactly dispel those concerns in an interview with CNN's Dana Bash that's set to air Sunday. Bash asked the senator if she would receive a vaccine approved before the election, to which Harris responded by saying she "would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about."

Harris added that she doesn't think scientists and public health experts will have the last word on a vaccine (for what it's worth, Moncef Slaoui, the chief adviser for the Trump administration's vaccine mission, said there has been no interference from the White House and said he would resign if there ever was.) "If past is prologue than they will not, they'll be muzzled, they'll be suppressed, they will be sidelined," she said. "Because he's looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he's grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not." Read more at CNN.

More stories from theweek.com
5 scathingly funny cartoons about Nancy Pelosi's salon visit
Climate change has arrived
Former RNC and new Lincoln Project member pillories GOP for 'capitulation' to Trump

View more on Yahoo News

Update privacy choices

Michigan pausing ALL athletic activities for 14 days due to 22 athletes testing positive and some with a new variant. Will impact women's basketball game scheduled for 2/1. Hoping none of our swimming/diving athletes were exposed today at Michigan. Very concerning development.

Michigan pausing ALL athletic activities for 14 days due to 22 athletes testing positive and some with a new variant. Will impact women's basketball game scheduled for 2/1. Hoping none of our swimming/diving athletes were exposed today at Michigan. Very concerning development.

This is an extreme overreaction by Michigan, imo. So much unnecessary fear

Apparently 13 more positive cases than last week so this may be a more transmissible variant strain. Let's hope our swimming/diving team doesn't bring it back to Piscataway or it will impact more winter/spring sports going forward.

Apparently 13 more positive cases than last week so this may be a more transmissible variant strain. Let's hope our swimming/diving team doesn't bring it back to Piscataway or it will impact more winter/spring sports going forward.

I just think it’s silly and unfortunate to shut down the whole department. Teams completely healthy can’t play? Ridiculous.

Decision was made by state health department who also today said restaurants can open. They’re all over the place, imo.

Agree. Hope our students come back healthy.

The vaccine announcement was delayed til after the election..hows that for politics
Let’s also not forget that Pfizer CEO Bourla made his announcement on Monday, November 9.
Also he coincidentally happened to file to sell 132K shares of PFE stock for nearly $6 million THAT DAY under his “pre arranged plan”.
Stock sale was set for that date no doubt. That’s how it works for executives. Fine.

Interesting timing to release his company’s vaccine news that day pre market. PFE stock finally broke the $40 mark that day but is back in the toilet where it’s been forever.

Mere coincidence no doubt.

Interesting that the new variant is appearing around the same time as the original strain last year in the US.

If this really is 50-70% more transmissible we realistically could be looking at being back to anywhere between 300k-500k cases a day by the end of March which would shut down the world economy for a second time in 2 years.

Personally I just don’t see that happening with vaccines rolling out and the weather changing. Plus we’re coming off peak rather than building up to a peak.

Let’s also not forget that Pfizer CEO Bourla made his announcement on Monday, November 9.
Also he coincidentally happened to file to sell 132K shares of PFE stock for nearly $6 million THAT DAY under his “pre arranged plan”.
Stock sale was set for that date no doubt. That’s how it works for executives. Fine.

Interesting timing to release his company’s vaccine news that day pre market. PFE stock finally broke the $40 mark that day but is back in the toilet where it’s been forever.

Mere coincidence no doubt.

CEO’s selling stock along with press releases are a whole other ballgame that I’m not too fond of either.

Unfortunately, the mods seem to have stopped moderating this thread completely and I was simply responding to a political post by someone else. And you know Biden never trashed the vaccine - he only criticized the potential unsupported rushing of the vaccine to market and has been very complimentary of OWS's efforts in developing the vaccines.

Like the former POTUS gave 2 sh#ts about the lives of Americans.
LMAO at these phony hypocrites.

100 million vaccines in 100 days right?
The clock has started ticking....
It will happen. J&J will publish their final Phase 3 results, get the green light to begin distribution, and just happen to have 100 million doses already produced ready to go...what a coinkydink

Reactions: MulletCork
It will happen. J&J will publish their final Phase 3 results, get the green light to begin distribution, and just happen to have 100 million doses already produced ready to go...what a coinkydink
With J&J goal should be 200 million

Reactions: biker7766
Interesting that the new variant is appearing around the same time as the original strain last year in the US.

If this really is 50-70% more transmissible we realistically could be looking at being back to anywhere between 300k-500k cases a day by the end of March which would shut down the world economy for a second time in 2 years.

Personally I just don’t see that happening with vaccines rolling out and the weather changing. Plus we’re coming off peak rather than building up to a peak.

World won’t shut down again.

When we reach 200 million, Biden will be the hero that saved the day.
We are doing 1.6 million a day without J&J.
All we need is for Biden to not screw up what the Trump administration and his vaccine are already doing. Which as feds gets more involved we know it will get more screwed up.

No one seems to be talking about the second dose. It doubles the amount of necessary appointments. I got my first dose at Rowan College yesterday. Everyone needs to come back in three weeks. Of course, there were no instructions on how to schedule the second dose. Just go back to the website and good luck there. This issue will be forefront very soon. $$$$

Reactions: Greg2020
We are doing 1.6 million a day without J&J.
All we need is for Biden to not screw up what the Trump administration and his vaccine are already doing. Which as feds gets more involved we know it will get more screwed up.
Where are getting 1.6 vaccinated a day from? Everything I see is closer to 1 million.

Bloomberg. But they must have revised it a bit. 1.6 was highest day day. It’s been about 1.3 to 1.4 since the 20th
You forgot a zero. From Bloomberg below

Vaccinations in the U.S. began Dec. 14 with health-care workers, and so far 21.1 million shots have been given, according to a state-by-state tally by Bloomberg and data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the last week, an average of 1.06 million doses per day were administered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT