ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric vehicles

That is a good article. I don't want to add to the Tesla vs other auto makers divide, but Ford and GM have many years of expertise with trucks and towing, and this may give them a leg up in the EV truck segment over Tesla. We shall see.
I thought it was pretty good too. Did a nice job of explaining the advantages of EV towing. The key disadvantage is the impact on range. Towing an enclosed car hauler trailer would definitely cut down the range quite a bit.

But for anybody towing shorter distances, it would probably be way better than an ICE truck.

Reactions: Knight Shift

This makes about as much sense to me as an electric SUV Mustang. What do I know? The Mustang looks to be a success, so why not an electric Harley. The ad cracked me up - they are marketing this to a younger, urban set. Definitely not the market Harley normally appeals to.

Electric convertible- anyone got any Rex for less than $150k?

Used Tesla Roadster from yesteryear? Or the GMC Hummer.

I don't believe there's any other electric convertible on the US new car market. There have been a number of concepts, though, most recently from Polestar, so perhaps with ranges improving, someone will build one.

Electric convertible- anyone got any Rex for less than $150k?
Good question. I really like having open roof cars, although I tend to prefer sunroofs or targa tops to convertibles. But given the negative aero impacts, I'm guessing all that open top stuff will be unusual with EVs, at least until battery tech improves enough that the negative range implications can be somewhat overcome.

That's a little surprising to me, actually. Although I haven't really been paying attention to profits and revenues of automotive companies 'cause mostly it's not very interesting. I just figured it would take a lot longer for any companies to become profitable as they're just getting under way with EVs.

Seems I was wrong in my figuring. Perhaps it is less surprising to anybody paying closer attention.

That's a little surprising to me, actually. Although I haven't really been paying attention to profits and revenues of automotive companies 'cause mostly it's not very interesting. I just figured it would take a lot longer for any companies to become profitable as they're just getting under way with EVs.

Seems I was wrong in my figuring. Perhaps it is less surprising to anybody paying closer attention.

It's exceedingly uninteresting!

Reactions: mildone
Yes, guess I’m saving the planet too. Are you going to worship me now?
Nope, just happy to see you admit you’re ok with slave labor. Within a framework that slave labor is ok, Elon is saving the planet, apple isn’t. One of these days you’ll be right about something in this thread, I have faith In you.

Nope, just happy to see you admit you’re ok with slave labor. Within a framework that slave labor is ok, Elon is saving the planet, apple isn’t. One of these days you’ll be right about something in this thread, I have faith In you.

Since you have so much faith. Didn’t want to disappoint.

Since you have so much faith. Didn’t want to disappoint.
I’m not the one pretending to care about slave labor, that’s you. You’re pretending to care about slave labor from a cell phone made by slave labor. Eat another L and move on

I’m not the one pretending to care about slave labor, that’s you. You’re pretending to care about slave labor from a cell phone made by slave labor. Eat another L and move on
So I was right. Saving the planet with slave labor. Full circle here. Thanks for the L.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT