ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric vehicles

Wait, in NJ you get a $5000 rebate from the state, $7500 rebate from fed, and no sales tax?

Damn, that is pretty good.
The reason I ordered a VW EV last summer. The NJ rebate ran out of money in 2 months and I’m still waiting for my car. The funny thing is that the expected delivery date is July and the NJ rebate should get a new round of funding. Rumor is that it will be half of that amount from last summer.

Only applies to 100% electric?

Tesla too?
No, some plug in hybrid qualifies. Tesla ran Out of fed credit long time ago. They keep raising the price on their cheapest model so it probably doesn’t qualify for the NJ rebate either.

Excellent article. That will most likely be wasted on those whom would benefit the most by reading it. Some of whom will, ironically, think I must hate Tesla or EVs because I agree with the article. 😀

Very interesting for New Jerseyans—

Here some info from last year.
Here's additional info on the Federal Tax Credit.
People need to understand this part:
"At first glance, this credit may sound like a simple flat rate, but that is unfortunately not the case.

For example, if you owned a Nissan LEAF and owed say, $3,500 in income tax this year, then that is the federal tax credit you would receive. If you owed $10,000 in federal income tax, then you would qualify for the full $7,500 credit.

It’s important to note that any unused portion of the $7,500 is not available as a refund, nor as a credit for next year’s taxes. Bummer."

Last edited:
So I was right. Saving the planet with slave labor. Full circle here. Thanks for the L.
Tesla Shanghai pays it's employees an above average wage compared to the average wage in Shanghai. Also includes 3 free meals/day, medical benefits, bonuses, and a housing credit. Compare that to the wages of the workers who assembled your iphone.

Another in the loss column. Interesting how you're so skeptical of Tesla, yet you quote click bait articles like they're gospel.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Tesla Shanghai pays it's employees an above average wage compared to the average wage in Shanghai. Also includes 3 free meals/day, medical benefits, bonuses, and a housing credit. Compare that to the wages of the workers who assembled your iphone.

Another in the loss column. Interesting how you're so skeptical of Tesla, yet you quote click bait articles like they're gospel.
Wow, and all you have to do is work 9am to 9pm, six days per week. Btw, you forgot employees also get free accommodations by sleeping on the floor of the factory.

Wow, and all you have to do is work 9am to 9pm, six days per week. Btw, you forgot employees also get free accommodations by sleeping on the floor of the factory.
So your slave labor comment got shit on, now you want to move the goalposts (unsuccessfully). If Tesla was the only American company operating under these circumstances, you'd have a point. They're not. Shanghai's (failed) zero-Covid policy has nothing to do with Tesla. People have been protesting throughout the city to be allowed to return to work.

So your slave labor comment got shit on, now you want to move the goalposts (unsuccessfully). If Tesla was the only American company operating under these circumstances, you'd have a point. They're not. Shanghai's (failed) zero-Covid policy has nothing to do with Tesla. People have been protesting throughout the city to be allowed to return to work.
Unsuccessfully to you and the fan club. Your news feed is probably all great stories about Tesla and Musk. Please show me Apple employees working those hours? But hey, margins are looking good at Tesla.

Unsuccessfully to you and the fan club. Your news feed is probably all great stories about Tesla and Musk. Please show me Apple employees working those hours? But hey, margins are looking good at Tesla.
"Closed-loop" return to work is a Shanghai government policy, not Tesla. Business within Shanghai is only allowed to reopen under these parameters. Shanghai citizens are protesting government lockdowns, not Tesla.
Tesla Shanghai employees earn an above average salary compared to other manufacturing jobs within the city.

These are facts, not fanboy click bait. You're the one who needs an upgrade to their bullshit detector.

Now you want to pivot to margins. Nice try. I'll spare you the embarrassment of comparing the wages of Apple employees in China vs Tesla Shanghai.

"Closed-loop" return to work is a Shanghai government policy, not Tesla. Business within Shanghai is only allowed to reopen under these parameters. Shanghai citizens are protesting government lockdowns, not Tesla.
Tesla Shanghai employees earn an above average salary compared to other manufacturing jobs within the city.

These are facts, not fanboy click bait. You're the one who needs an upgrade to their bullshit detector.

Now you want to pivot to margins. Nice try. I'll spare you the embarrassment of comparing the wages of Apple employees in China vs Tesla Shanghai.
Great post. Amazing how so many people step into political talk without any "facts" to back up their "opinions". Elon is rich - rich people bad.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Please provide those salary comparisons. Would love to see the salary of an Apple employee vs Tesla in China for similar skill sets. I’ll wait.

These are facts...
Just out of curiosity, where are you getting the data that shows the above claimed fact? I agree that the other stuff in your post is factual, just not so sure about this one.

I did a quick web search and found mostly conflicting data that is lacking in details, provided mostly without sources, about manufacturing salaries in Shanghai. What Tesla actually pays is known to Tesla, of course. And the Chinese government probably knows what the numbers are in China. Websites like Glassdoor list stuff, but who knows how accurate it is.

Based on what I found, equally valid arguments could be made that Tesla pays less and that Tesla pays more. Which leads me to conclude, absent better data, that nobody really knows where Tesla falls compared to the average for manufacturing jobs in Shanghai.

However, it was only a quick web search and I could easily have missed some source of objective and demonstrably accurate average salary information. If you have such a source, please post it.

Please provide those salary comparisons. Would love to see the salary of an Apple employee vs Tesla in China for similar skill sets. I’ll wait.
You don't know this information? You mean you started your social justice rant without facts to back it up?

Actual employees protesting working conditions in China.
https://nypost.com/2021/12/30/apple...allegedly-fed-rotten-food-paid-under-5-a-day/

I thought I'd link since you're now a social justice warrior. Seems disingenuous to own an iphone while complaining about Tesla's workers.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
If you take a step back and do a little self analysis, you'd see you're coming across as a giant loser.
Maybe ask yourself why you're personally offended by the existence of EVs.
You're on the wrong side of history.
I don't think he's offended by EVs. He just seems to not have embraced them in the same way you have.

If you take a step back and do a little self-analysis, you might see how much more of a loser mentality one must have in order to think anonymously insulting people on the internet, whose sole "crime" is they haven't embraced some new technology you've decided to embrace, makes you look informed or intelligent.

And the sentence about being on the wrong side of history? Pure hyperbole. And very lame hyperbole at that.

EVs may (or may not) help combat certain environmental problems. I sure hope they do, or if not EVs, I hope something does and quickly. But nobody really knows that EVs will be a net win, environmentally, when viewed from an historic perspective 100+ years down the road.

History has a habit of not turning out the way people think it will. In any event, at present, EV's are still a very long way off from being any kind of magic bullet.

I don't think he's offended by EVs. He just seems to not have embraced them in the same way you have.

If you take a step back and do a little self-analysis, you might see how much more of a loser mentality one must have in order to think anonymously insulting people on the internet, whose sole "crime" is they haven't embraced some new technology you've decided to embrace, makes you look informed or intelligent.

And the sentence about being on the wrong side of history? Pure hyperbole. And very lame hyperbole at that.

EVs may (or may not) help combat certain environmental problems. I sure hope they do, or if not EVs, I hope something does and quickly. But nobody really knows that EVs will be a net win, environmentally, when viewed from an historic perspective 100+ years down the road.

History has a habit of not turning out the way people think it will. In any event, at present, EV's are still a very long way off from being any kind of magic bullet.
100% CORRECT! Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT