ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric vehicles

The main benefit is saving your hearing.

LOL.

The other thing I like is when we are having a party or something and I have to quickly blow off the deck and patio, it takes two seconds to just plug the battery in and go. I had a back pack gas blower for awhile and it was just a pain to haul out, start and then only run for like 5-10 minutes.

So for me electric works. But I can see how gas is way more preferable to many.

Good luck getting leaves done all day with a battery blower
How about a rake?
It's not healthy breathing in vaporized gasoline all day. About half of the gas in your leaf blower is unburned, vaporized and going right into your lungs. p.s...the fumes from the gas that is burned isn't healthy either. Aren't you a health nut? This hasn't crossed your mind?

How about a rake?
It's not healthy breathing in vaporized gasoline all day. About half of the gas in your leaf blower is unburned, vaporized and going right into your lungs. p.s...the fumes from the gas that is burned isn't healthy either. Aren't you a health nut? This hasn't crossed your mind?
right...and that scales when you're doing it as a business, right?

LOL.

The other thing I like is when we are having a party or something and I have to quickly blow off the deck and patio, it takes two seconds to just plug the battery in and go. I had a back pack gas blower for awhile and it was just a pain to haul out, start and then only run for like 5-10 minutes.

So for me electric works. But I can see how gas is way more preferable to many.
Agree. Super convenient. Love my electric leaf blower.

How about a rake?

A rake...man lets go bac2the40s Lol we are professionals

I can rake just as fast as you can blow. Guaranteed. Blowers aren't time savers, and raking is great exercise. My big fatso neighbor spends an hour with his backpack blower chasing around the same 10 leaves.
you're missing my point. what we do as individual homeowners is one thing. what bac does as part of a business that has to scale is different.

Fairytales
I'll be at Johnson Park in 30 minutes with my rake.
Martial Arts Challenge GIF by Shaw Brothers

Actually the Ca bill about cars does effect other states
How does it affect you exactly?

And you've been complaining about leaf blowers and lawn mowers here. That reg doesn't affect you at all.

So why do you hate EVs, again?

Actually the Ca bill about cars does effect other states
In general, the government manufacturing subsidies will increase domestic manufacturing, mining and refining of raw materials and lead us closer to energy independence. Why the push back?

If it's the mandates you're worried about, they're meaningless, feel good soundbites. GM, Ford, the UAW, dealership networks, fossil fuel giants will all lobby to get these mandates pushed and pushed and pushed. Ultimately, the market will decide the fate of transport. Like it always does.

Not really intending to rabble-rouse. But for those who don’t think some level of profiteering influenced inflation-concurrent gas pricing…

Not really intending to rabble-rouse. But for those who don’t think some level of profiteering influenced inflation-concurrent gas pricing…

A lot of companies made out like bandits under the guise of inflation and "supply chain issues" the past year and a half. Not to say those weren't real... but there was definitely profiteering above and beyond for some.

Reactions: mildone
ADVERTISEMENT